Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

QuoteMy new macbook rules.  And it wasn't hardly as expensive as those PC commercials would lead you to believe. Plus I got $180 worth of discounts for being an educator.  :)

I love my mac! Welcome to the good side. :)
Cow temperature.

the_wizzard

Norah Jones' new album drops tomorrow.  God, I love her voice....makes me melt.  Free Stream here:
http://www.npr.org/music/

the sun and moon

the sun and moon

another joy in my heart would be my 2-year-old niece suddenly becoming a HUGE Beatles fan after seeing Yellow Submarine. She's loving them so much, her parents had to buy her a Beatles t-shirt which she now refuses to take off. true story. gotta love the kids.

I am a proud auntie :)

weeniebeenie

Quoteanother joy in my heart would be my 2-year-old niece suddenly becoming a HUGE Beatles fan after seeing Yellow Submarine. She's loving them so much, her parents had to buy her a Beatles t-shirt which she now refuses to take off. true story. gotta love the kids.

How Cool!!!!!

My current joy/laugh: I was listening to MOF on record today and I put Dear God on the speed for 45's instead of 33's. It will probably ruin my records but I couldn't resist. I won't do it again.
The Right Place, Baby Boomer, Slow Down Jo (It sounded like some tropical Island song), Losin Yo' Head, Magic Marker and His Master's Voice sounded really cool aswell.  M.Ward as a chipmunk is just too funny. ;D
How loud can silence get?

ALady

Quoteanother joy in my heart would be my 2-year-old niece suddenly becoming a HUGE Beatles fan after seeing Yellow Submarine. She's loving them so much, her parents had to buy her a Beatles t-shirt which she now refuses to take off. true story. gotta love the kids.

Aw!  That's too cute.   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

miss gradenko

That is one smart kiddie.

Soulshine

Knowing that in a few short days I'll be Phishing in Cincy....my soul needs a recharge-this should do the trick!
Because we're all in this together...

Soulshine

..........Oh, and knowing my niece will be in-state waiting for me when I return.......  :D

mjkoehler

There is a position opening up, one that I want to do in a different department. This would be such a huge fucking stress relief. I now have to figure out how to approach my boss about this. She will NOT be receptive to me leaving.

Soulshine

QuoteThere is a position opening up, one that I want to do in a different department. This would be such a huge fucking stress relief. I now have to figure out how to approach my boss about this. She will NOT be receptive to me leaving.

From what I've read...we're kind of in the same place professionally. Happy employees=better work. If you can keep things positive with your current boss and leave on a high note I think it would be great for you to make a transition. Life is too short to be miserable and stressed out in your work. I'm in the middle of a new career/new place to live search. It's tough, but I deserve to be happy and I know I have more to offer than is being used right now. My best to you...keep us posted!

mjkoehler

3 DAY WEEKEND BITCHES!

This is the 3rd one in 4 weeks plus I have a 4 day weekend next weekend. And the beauty of it all is I have not had to burn 1 day of vacation to do it. Granted I'm maxed out and losing days at 5 weeks, but I'm not French and need that much damn time off. 2 of my 3 "required" chores are done and it's not even lunch time. Time to kick back on the couch before my run in the sun and adult beverage time.

TEO

I have met 20 members in the first 5 pages of high posters... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

AMightyCaporal

taylor ham egg and cheese on a pumpernickel bagel with salt pepper and ketchup  :)
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

megalicious

i have a pecan tree in my backyard. i spent most of this weekend eating pecans, and i'm making a bourbon chocolate pecan pie tonight.

i just love pecans so much, man... and this tree dropped a ton in my backyard... they're like little presents from heaven.

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

TEO

Used to sneak them all of the time out of the freezer as a kid. They had an unusual crispness and full bodiness...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Ghosts_on_TV

...SOMEWHERE ON A DESERT HIGHWAY, SHE RIDES A HARLEY DAVIDSON.... 8-)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Penny Lane

It's good to be back on here. I missed all of you. Going through some stuff but this forum gives me strength. :-)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

QuoteIt's good to be back on here. I missed all of you. Going through some stuff but this forum gives me strength. :-)

:)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Sassbox

I was wondering about you yesterday, pennylane.  Good to "see" you again.  :)
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.