Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jones

I finished fourth out of eleven in my mountain bike race yesterday.  It stormed yesterday morning at the course in Columbia, TN.  It was ridiculously muddy (notice the legs), but a lot of fun.

pawpaw

QuoteI finished fourth out of eleven in my mountain bike race yesterday.  It stormed yesterday morning at the course in Columbia, TN.  It was rediculously muddy (notice the legs), but a lot of fun.

Sweet jersey, hippie!  ;D

What was the course like? Much elevation change? Do you race regularly?

Nice job!  8-)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

jones

That's DIRTY hippie to you, mister!  

The course didn't have a lot of climbing (only 682 ft ascent), but it was terribly muddy so it was very slow.  The conditions were so bad that they actually rerouted around some of the steeper stuff.  I am a training data nerd, so if you are interested here are my stats from the race (the scary heart rate at the end of the race is due to the sprint finish against another guy in my category.  I beat him by .03 seconds):

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/28343213

I just started racing last year and ran three races.  This year I made a sponsored team and have eight races on my tentative schedule.

pawpaw

QuoteThat's DIRTY hippie to you, mister!  

The course didn't have a lot of climbing (only 682 ft ascent), but it was terribly muddy so it was very slow.  The conditions were so bad that they actually rerouted around some of the steeper stuff.  I am a training data nerd, so if you are interested here are my stats from the race (the scary heart rate at the end of the race is due to the sprint finish against another guy in my category.  I beat him by .03 seconds):

I just started racing last year and ran three races.  This year I made a sponsored team and have eight races on my tentative schedule.

A dirty hippie might appreciate this then...today's the 20th anniversary of this little gem: http://www.dead.net/show/march-29-1990.

Good luck with your races!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

jones

QuoteThat's DIRTY hippie to you, mister!  

A dirty hippie might appreciate this then...today's the 20th anniversary of this little gem: http://www.dead.net/show/march-29-1990.

Good luck with your races!

Thanks, bbill.  I'm streaming 3/29/1990 off of archive.org based on your recommendation.

[smiley=beer.gif]

NoVa_NoLa

QuoteResume is in, email sent, and obligatory schmoozing has taken place. Fingers crossed. (Thanks Soulshine)

Yay!  And good luck!!!  :)

ALady

QuoteI finished fourth out of eleven in my mountain bike race yesterday.  It stormed yesterday morning at the course in Columbia, TN.  It was rediculously muddy (notice the legs), but a lot of fun.

Very cool...congrats!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ALady

So I met this dude the other night, and we got along quite well, and it turns out he knows a couple of my friends (I love when the city feels like a small town sometimes).  I asked my friend about him today, and she was like, "Oh, you know...he's the kind of guy that likes to take his shirt off all the time."

I debated putting this under "Current Complaints" but I decided it's more of a "Current Joy".   ;D

Penny Lane

QuoteSo I met this dude the other night, and we got along quite well, and it turns out he knows a couple of my friends (I love when the city feels like a small town sometimes).  I asked my friend about him today, and she was like, "Oh, you know...he's the kind of guy that likes to take his shirt off all the time."

I debated putting this under "Current Complaints" but I decided it's more of a "Current Joy".   ;D

was it him?

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

or maybe you were seeing double...?.

sorry, i'm done.

ALady

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No, but that's awesome.  I seriously can't stop laughing.   ;D

He looked more like a blond Jesus.  

mjkoehler

wow, this just confirmed what I've believed for a while. Anytime a guys shows that he down with the Sideways Sissors Mob, he's really confirming he's a douche.

Penny Lane

Quotewow, this just confirmed what I've believed for a while. Anytime a guys shows that he down with the Sideways Sissors Mob, he's really confirming he's a douche.

part of the way we're financing healthcare reform is through taxing of tanning salons, tattoos, and strip clubs..i mean..why are they targeting PAULY D!!!!? that's discrimination.

Penny Lane

mjkoehler

Janet

Quote;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No, but that's awesome.  I seriously can't stop laughing.   ;D

He looked more like a blond Jesus.  

Hmmmm, blond jesus?  I think you filed correctly under current joys.   ;D

ALady

Yeah, I've since seen some pics...no complaints here   ;)

NoVa_NoLa

QuoteYeah, I've since seen some pics...no complaints here   ;)

This is good!  

Christine...those pics are hysterical!   ;D

NoVa_NoLa

My friend Dave is alive.  :)  Breathing tube is out and I they're making him walk a little.  

So very thankful for your kind words and healing vibes!  Y'all rock!

ALady

That is awesome.  Great news, NoVa!!   :)