Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Buying a copy of "Live and Dangerous" from Ear-Xtacy online and picking it up at the store, then proceeding to become obsessed with all things Lizzy, playing the CD night and day.

That, and Amelia, of course.  :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Dee.

QuoteGoing back to work after being off for two weeks and being happy about it!  :)
Really? ;)

Good for you. :)

FarmerYoda

if my calculations are correct  8-)
an A- in english
an A-/B+ in chemistry
a B+/B in spanish
a A- in history

but a C+ in math :(

BUT! I have one more test and a midterm, and she knows i'm trying REALLY hard, so if I get B's on the tests it'll bring my average up IMMENSELY + the participation... so fi all goes to plan, I could get a B- which is fine.

so... i should probably study.

colleen

Thanks to 5 shots of espresso and really loud music I can finally see my bedroom floor again. That huge pile of clothes and what nots was causing me such a shame spiral. Must be that moon in Virgo coming through. Now what to do with all this manic energy?
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

colleen

Quoteif my calculations are correct  8-)
an A- in english
an A-/B+ in chemistry
a B+/B in spanish
a A- in history

BUT! I have one more test and a midterm, and she knows i'm trying REALLY hard, so if I get B's on the tests it'll bring my average up IMMENSELY + the participation... so fi all goes to plan, I could get a B- which is fine.

congrats and good luck with the math- you can do it. How did you end up doing on that 'one day in the life of...' paper?

FarmerYoda

Quoteif my calculations are correct  8-)
an A- in english
an A-/B+ in chemistry
a B+/B in spanish
a A- in history

congrats and good luck with the math- you can do it. How did you end up doing on that 'one day in the life of...' paper?

A-/B+ after handing in about fourty drafts! :) :) :)

thanks to yoooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu heh  :D

colleen

good job. god, your school sounds brutal.

TEO

QuoteGoing back to work after being off for two weeks and being happy about it!  :)
Really? ;)

Yes, and the last 2 days have been great! With extended vacations if I am not traveling then I get bored and need something to occupy myself. In other words; I need to get a frickin' hobby!  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Angry Ewok

I went to my college today on my lunchbreak, to register for more classes and also to file a dispute about a grade. As I'm standing in line, a girl walks up to me and looks at me very directly - I swear I recognize her, and there's got to be some reason for her to approach me like that - so in my usual lamely goofy swagger, I say, "Hey. Do I recognize you?" To which she replies, "I don't know, do you?"

"I'm not sure."

So we talk for a while, and come to find out, she knew me and remembered me, but I didn't immediately remember her. What a shock. That's always a feel good feeling for me, that someone would actually remember me. It's also kind of embarrassing that I can't remember anyone. It's a foreign idea, the thought that I impacted someone so much so that they could remember me X years later. But she reminded me that she dated a friend of mine, and we had all hung out a handful of times several years ago – and at some point I gave her a birthday card with money in it. "Wow," I say, "Apparently, I'm a pretty nice guy!"

I guess for those of you who don't already "get it" – I have a notoriously bad memory. While she remembered where I was working 3 years ago, I couldn't even remember her name until she reminded me.

She asked for my number. As we're talking in line, someone taps me on the back. Who is it? A guy that knew me in highschool. He remembered me and my name, and surprisingly enough, I knew his full name, too. Woah!

Then I take a seat with the counselor and decide that I'm going to go ahead and officially write an appeal against the F grade that was given to me in Drawing I class last semester. I deserve better than an F and I'm confident my portfolio will speak for itself. So, I go up to the Faculty in order to schedule an appointment with the Dean of Arts (or whatever the title is). There were two teachers, and I couldn't remember either of their names.

Low and behold, a girl walks past me that I swear I recognize. I say "Hello" and continue on. A few minutes later, she comes back down the hallway to ask if I was coming to see the same person she had just been looking for (who had the day off). This girl ended up being from that exact same class last semester, that I sat beside on occasion. Apparently, she is disputing her grade, also. We exchange info so that we can make an appeal as a group.

On my way out the door, another person recognizes me, and remembers my name from high school and says hello. All a sudden I'm getting this weird idea that I may be classified as a "popular guy" if I hang around too much longer.

What I'm getting at is this – could my bad memory be in some way connected to the way I see myself? Is it because I don't think my presence has any impact on anyone, that I'm able to so easily forget other people? There has to be some sort of connection here, because the only two people whose names I did remember, I remembered because they put me down back when I was a kid.

Current joys :

My appeal will probably be succesful. We're not just talking about dropping a bad grade - this is a full blown reversal from an F to an A, I hope.

Apparently, I'm a nice guy. Thankfully, some folks have remembered that.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

megisnotreal

Is it because I don't think my presence has any impact on anyone, that I'm able to so easily forget other people?

You'd be surprised at the impact you have made on other people. You're badass!

:)

FarmerYoda

Quotegood job. god, your school sounds brutal.

i love my school, for the most part! not the math course, though, it's part of the "main school". my english, err my most challenging course, is part of the "sws" part.

this reminds me -
any of those UK folk ever heard of [highlight]SUMMERHILL SCHOOL[/highlight]? ... located in Leiston, Suffolk, England...

FarmerYoda

i know you guys are all probably bored of me talking about school, and english. but it's all i have to look foreward too :D. so excuse me, but i really must say

I'M SO EXCITED FOR MY NEWEST PAPER!!  :) :D :) :D :)

MMJ_fanatic

My 50 inches of Hi Def Plasma I got at a wicked cool private sale held for employees where I work--bitchin'!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

BH

QuoteMy 50 inches of Hi Def Plasma I got at a wicked cool private sale held for employees where I work--bitchin'!

Nice.  *TV envy.*
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMD

Really? ;)

Yes, and the last 2 days have been great! With extended vacations if I am not traveling then I get bored and need something to occupy myself. In other words; I need to get a frickin' hobby!  

I have too many hobbies and not enough time.  I love teaching but I'm looking forward to the summer so I can devote more time to my hobbies.

MMJ_fanatic

LOOOONG weekend comin' up thanks to blowing off tomorrow 8-)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

aMD

Long weekend tomorrow thanks to MLK Jr!

FarmerYoda

i'm skipping school tomorrow

sweatboard

Good For You.

You KICKED ASS in school.  Now it's time for "Good Friday".
There's Still Time.........

megisnotreal

i get paid tomorrow!