Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee.

Enjoy your trip, Andrew!  :)

Happy New Year!

Mr. T.

Have a great Holiday Dragonboy!!

And bug, your nephew is adorable, what's his name?
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

TEO

Hearing of my Son's safe arrival in Egypt.   :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

bug

My nephews name is Caleb :)

Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

SMc55

That's a lovely name. I really like it.

megisnotreal

QuoteMy nephews name is Caleb :)

My oldest nephew's name is Caleb!

I found out this weekend that I'm getting another nephew! Now I'll have three... in addition to my four nieces. Plenty of kids to spoil.  :)

SMc55

QuoteMy nephews name is Caleb :)

I found out this weekend that I'm getting another nephew!
Can I ask you something? Is it usual in the US for people to know the sex of their baby before it's born? I've often (well a few times anyway) heard American friends talk about the baby boy or girl they are expecting.
It would be very unusual here (the UK). Even if you have tests that incidentally disclose the sex they wouldn't normally tell you.
Just wondering.

megisnotreal

Can I ask you something? Is it usual in the US for people to know the sex of their baby before it's born? I've often (well a few times anyway) heard American friends talk about the baby boy or girl they are expecting.
It would be very unusual here (the UK). Even if you have tests that incidentally disclose the sex they wouldn't normally tell you.
Just wondering.

This is my sister's fourth child, and she's known the sex of each one after about five months of being pregnant. Her doctors have always told her. She's had special appointments just to determine the child's sex. I guess that's the "normal" thing here in the states.

tomEisenbraun

but they won't spill the beans on you if you don't want em to. you can ask them to not let you know. i wouldthink most doctors would ask, but i'm sure no one would just go ahead and disclose it. well, pretty sure. i haven't had kids yet (or i don't have a wife who has had kids yet), so i'm probably no expert.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

They definately ask you before they tell you.  After three kids I can already tell if it's a boy or a girl by looking at the ultrasound.   People who don't think you should find out, are very opinionated about it I've learned.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

I just got my car back!  :) :) :)

ratsprayer

i've kept this secret for a few weeks now, but the third addition to our family will be arriving the first part of august.  everyone has been saying something about twins straight away when we say something, so i'm not sure what that means...

anyway woowoowoo!!!

:D :D :D :D

SMc55

I'm very happy for you!!!  :D

FarmerYoda

whoa! nice, rats!

i went skiing today.  fannnnnnnnnnnntastic.

red

I got my ticket to the best New Year's Eve bash this city has to offer!

BH

Congrats Rats!  I have a third on the way myself.  It's all zone defense for us from here on out!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

getting drunk and watching this last night with a shitton of friends was awesome

Louisville  24
Wake Forest  13

edit:

ooooh! I just found out my oldest nephew is flying in from Dallas this Friday! I haven't seen him since May! Yay! He's the cutest and smartest five-year-old I know! Yay!! Yay! Double-triple yay!  :D

aMD

Congrats to Dave and Rats on the new additions.  A lot of people seem to think it's time I start procreating but I don't really think so.  Good luck.

Tree

Yeah congrats you two!  :)

fitzcarraldo

Kudos to ratz and BH!  :D

Just purchased quite a few Kathleen Lolley cards and prints for my apartment. Some include: