Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

damn what's up Mike !!!!!  Good to read from you  :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

.Walt

Good to hear from yah, Mike! Hope things continue to go well for you brother.  :)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteHi kids.....

Things are a little better here (still not coming to NYC though  >:( ). Just keep plowing through the days wondering when that magical winning lottery ticket is ever going to show up. Barely making it through my marathon training because of the atrocious heat/humidty we've had this summer. Kids go back to school soon which should alleviate some of the stress in the house and she found a good full time job outside of the house so that will greatly help. Recently took the kids on a very last minute trip to Chicago. Had fun seeing a couple things and visiting with an old dear friend and her husband. Makes me wish I lived in Chicago. I talk to/email someone here daily and it helps (and I can never thank her enough and she knows who she is).

ribs
ice cream
good beer
good wine
quality cheese

These are a few of my faaaaaavorite things.

Miss all the peeps. Not sure how much I'll be around. Certainly not like I used to be, but who knows.

MLK JR IS BACK!!! THE TIME HAS COME FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS!!! glad you're back snuggles, just remember:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA[/media]

TheBigChicken

that was rockin'
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

weeniebeenie

It's great that your mum's doing well.

What Townes Van Zandt have you listened to? He always makes me feel better.

the only one i have is "High, Low and in Between"
any recommendations?
I love Flying Shoes and I've also got the double disc Legend one. DB knows a lot about him. He told me what to buy when I first started listening to him.
How loud can silence get?

Penny Lane

It's great that your mum's doing well.

What Townes Van Zandt have you listened to? He always makes me feel better.

the only one i have is "High, Low and in Between"
any recommendations?
I love Flying Shoes and I've also got the double disc Legend one. DB knows a lot about him. He told me what to buy when I first started listening to him.

thanks, weenie! i'll check that out. I've been falling asleep to that album every night for a week. i'm hooked.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

iLikeBeer

Here's hoping for the SI jinx...  8-)

capt. scotty

I cant believe Nebraska is ranked #9...Im glad theyre in the B10 now, but that seems a little high.

I think tOSU will have a very good year, but I still see Pryor losing them a game or 2
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

QuoteI cant believe Nebraska is ranked #9...Im glad theyre in the B10 now, but that seems a little high.

I think tOSU will have a very good year, but I still see Pryor losing them a game or 2

I would have liked to have seen Missouri get in, too..

My biggest fear is that Iowa away game (Wisky, too)..I think if TP can get into a rhythm and not lose his confidence, he should carry us thru to Iowa. (watch me eat my words)

iLikeBeer

QuoteI cant believe Nebraska is ranked #9...Im glad theyre in the B10 now, but that seems a little high.

I would have liked to have seen Missouri get in, too..

My biggest fear is that Iowa away game (Wisky, too)..I think if TP can get into a rhythm and not lose his confidence, he should carry us thru to Iowa. (watch me eat my words)

Don't forget about Purdue...  :P

capt. scotty

I dont know if it will be Iowa or not, I just feel like whatever team keeps Pryor in the pocket on a regular basis and contains his running has a great chance to beat tOSU. Now if Indiana does that, no, they wont win, but if a decent team does, I think they have a great shot unless Pryor's passing ability has really progressed
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

Nebraska will be worshipped this year. Believe dat.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/408674-why-nebraska-will-be-the-most-rooted-for-team-in-america-this-year

iLikeBeer

Maybe we need to start a College Football Thread.   :)

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

lamest college football team in history.

Penny Lane

QuoteMaybe we need to start a College Football Thread.   :)

we have one, i'm just too lazy to find it.. ;)

Ruckus

But what we don't have is a Big Ten football thread. ;)

I. L. L.            I. N. I.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

But what we don't have is a Big Ten football thread. ;)

I. L. L.            I. N. I.

ewwww that's right!! 10/2, Ruckus..
the Sat AM of Terminal 5 week, we need to congregate to watch football in the big ten bar in Times Square.

iLikeBeer

Really though, I have to say, I consider college football as joyous, so it technically fits here!   8-)

It's GO BLUE! for me.  8-)

TEO

GREAT day to be a Teacher! My kids are really cute...(so far  ;))
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary