Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowl of soup

QuoteDamn Dylan, sounds painful. Glad to hear it healed up!

Off to college tomorrow!  :D

Congrats.  My first day of college was the greatest and strangest day of my life.  I drove 13 hours with my stereo and speakers in two banana boxes, walked into my dorm room to be greeted by members of the R&B group Jodeci (they were friends of a fellow dorm person) who were amazed that I had so many bananas, and then hooked up my stereo and blasted Doolittle as loud as I could like some kind of deranged mating call.  I then drank a 6 pack of Labatt's Blue and met many of the people who remain my best friends to this day - including my wife.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

tdb810

Congrats.  My first day of college was the greatest and strangest day of my life.  I drove 13 hours with my stereo and speakers in two banana boxes, walked into my dorm room to be greeted by members of the R&B group Jodeci (they were friends of a fellow dorm person) who were amazed that I had so many bananas, and then hooked up my stereo and blasted Doolittle as loud as I could like some kind of deranged mating call.  I then drank a 6 pack of Labatt's Blue and met many of the people who remain my best friends to this day - including my wife.

this is a fantastic story!
.....Back at the Model Home

touchingmept2

Congrats.  My first day of college was the greatest and strangest day of my life.  I drove 13 hours with my stereo and speakers in two banana boxes, walked into my dorm room to be greeted by members of the R&B group Jodeci (they were friends of a fellow dorm person) who were amazed that I had so many bananas, and then hooked up my stereo and blasted Doolittle as loud as I could like some kind of deranged mating call.  I then drank a 6 pack of Labatt's Blue and met many of the people who remain my best friends to this day - including my wife.[/quote]

That's so awesome! Hahaha the best thing I've heard in awhile.
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

mjkoehler

Mine was similar in the fact I drank....an alarming amount. However my shitty Uni didn't have dorms for the 20,000+ students attending so I didn't get to meet memebers of a famed R&B/hip hop group. I believe I was listing to Goo that day (stands to reason as I was heavily into SY at the time). I probably passed passed out, alone. Ah that first year, I majored in Game Room at the Student Union, when i bothered to actually show up.

ALady

Oh man.  Great story   :)

I believe I spent a good part of the first day sponge-painting the bathroom and blasting the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, scaring the bejeezus out of my roommates.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

[size=14]..that Soulshine finally purchased her airfare and it's OFFICIAL, she's headed due east for the T5 [/size]shows!  :D

EDITED: 2 months from today !!!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bowl of soup

Mine was similar in the fact I drank....an alarming amount. However my shitty Uni didn't have dorms for the 20,000+ students attending so I didn't get to meet memebers of a famed R&B/hip hop group. I believe I was listing to Goo that day (stands to reason as I was heavily into SY at the time). I probably passed passed out, alone. Ah that first year, I majored in Game Room at the Student Union, when i bothered to actually show up.

I actually went to the Wiki to find out what happened to Jodeci - apparently they were the godfathers of "new jack swing."  What is "new jack swing?"  I once watched an awful movie called Swing Kids with my college roomate (our t.v. got only one channel:  Lots of Blossum, Xuxa, and crappy movies) and as I recall it was kind of a Footloose set in Nazi Germany.  Does this have anything to do with "new jack swing?"

mjkoehler

I actually went to the Wiki to find out what happened to Jodeci - apparently they were the godfathers of "new jack swing."  What is "new jack swing?"  I once watched an awful movie called Swing Kids with my college roomate (our t.v. got only one channel:  Lots of Blossum, Xuxa, and crappy movies) and as I recall it was kind of a Footloose set in Nazi Germany.  Does this have anything to do with "new jack swing?"
Uhhh no. I think it's a VD you get from hookers in the Phillipeans.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

current joy: mlk jr makin' jokes about VD.  glad you're back homie.  wanna cyber?

mjkoehler

For you Soup. Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i6jtsCpImo[/media]

MarkW

QuoteFor you Soup. Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i6jtsCpImo[/media]

Wrong link, MJK.  ;)  For you, Soup:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYwL-FzFDKQ[/media]
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

QuoteFor you Soup. Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i6jtsCpImo

Wrong link, MJK.  ;)  For you, Soup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYwL-FzFDKQ
I'm pretty sure my laptop would have blown up if I played that Mark. Actually, I think one of my college roomies was a fan. She liked all of that stuff back then.

dragonboy

I don't know how many times I've looked @ your avatar Mike but I only just realised what it's a picture of  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sparkle & I are off to Spain for a week  :D :D :D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

QuoteI don't know how many times I've looked @ your avatar Mike but I only just realised what it's a picture of  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It's my favorite weekend mug for a cuppa or 3. I so owe you for that one.

Have a great time in el Costa del Sol.

Ruckus

QuoteI don't know how many times I've looked @ your avatar Mike but I only just realised what it's a picture of  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Enjoy!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

bowl of soup

"Gonna suck your big toe...gonna do it real slow...."

For the Dark:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/nx9iZQy36Mo[/media]

TEO

Getting a leg shot of Grace in NYC from Penny and TDB on my phone... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

mjkoehler

QuoteGetting a leg shot of Grace in NYC from Penny and TDB on my phone... :)
It is pretty spectacular

jones

It is pretty spectacular
I wanna see... :(

Penny Lane

It is pretty spectacular
I wanna see... :(

i felt kind of pervy trying to take those leggy shots, too, but i wanted to come thru for the big guy..that girl really knows how to work a short skirt!
:) ;)

R-I'll try to put them on facebook. (geez, what am i starting here..)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill