Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEO

I have had kinda' a tough week when I thought I wouldn't. I just drunk dialed a bunch of my Jacket Peeps and each and every one of them was kind, patient, considerate, and listened to me. I love you guys, and you mean the world to me...TEO
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

mjkoehler

Sorry I missed you bud. I didn't even hear my phone ring.

Penny Lane

QuoteI have had kinda' a tough week when I thought I wouldn't. I just drunk dialed a bunch of my Jacket Peeps and each and every one of them was kind, patient, considerate, and listened to me. I love you guys, and you mean the world to me...TEO

That was just alsum!! What a nice way to start the weekend!
Great to talk to you. Next time, let's do a 3 way w/MJK or BH. I need to catch up w/Crazylove, too.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

Im not surprised Penny likes 3 ways  :P
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

QuoteI'm not sure if it's a joy, but I'm heading to San Fran and the Pacific coast, including LA, in October for a little vacation. I'll also be checking out the EELS at the Fillmore, Alcatraz, Haight-Ashbury etc... I'll also be doing some coastal driving, wine touring and checking out LA/Hollywood sights (I have to do the latter since I'll regret it afterwards). I do want to see an Anaheim Ducks and/or Kings game, but I'm only calling half the shots on this trip. My wife will not go to a football game.
not sure if it's a joy....I LOVE SAN FRANCISCO :-* :-*  holy shit man
head north a few miles to Muir Woods :'( :'(tears of JOY !!!!!!!!!

the Big Chicken is right. I was in Sacramento for 2 nights 2 weeks ago and the only thing I wanted to do was to see a Redwood tree (and the ocean). It had been 10 years since I saw a redwood and when I saw one again 2 weeks ago I nearly weeped. Man!

pictures do them no justice, but here's one anyway

i hate LA but i am headed out to San Fran next weekend, gonna catch Band of Horses and also the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass the following weekend (free in Golden Gate Park). haven't been since my jack kerouac trip back 10 years ago..can't wait to hit City Lights Bookstore and Amoeba Records. i'm also hoping to get out to Sacramento soon. Also wanted to do the Alcatraz nighttime tour but it's sold out the weekends i'm there.

Uh...don't go out of your way to plan much time in Sacramento on a vacation, any of you. Trust me, I live here.  ;D

PM me if you'd like any advice on your trip Jaimoe! Penny too! TBC and Tracy ain't lyin' 'bout them redwoods either.

I will PM you closer to when I leave - I start my vacation on the 10th of October. Thanks! I've been drinking Anchor Steam Beer just to get into the spirit of things. We booked a fairly cheap flight yesterday on the normally expensive Air Canada ($800 for two, round-trip). The EELS play Toronto on September 29th, so I might go to both shows. I think I'll review EELS at the Fillmore for the music magazine I write for. Should be a fun trip fer sure.

mjkoehler

QuoteI have had kinda' a tough week when I thought I wouldn't. I just drunk dialed a bunch of my Jacket Peeps and each and every one of them was kind, patient, considerate, and listened to me. I love you guys, and you mean the world to me...TEO

That was just alsum!! What a nice way to start the weekend!
Great to talk to you. Next time, let's do a 3 way w/MJK or BH. I need to catch up w/Crazylove, too.
I'm down for a 3 way. SInce it's different area codes and shit, I don't need to tell the wife either.

MarkW

Peeps getting married in faraway places.  Have a good one guys.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

TEO

I would rather have the 3 way with Penny and crazy mj...sorry duder  ;)

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI would rather have the 3 way with Penny and crazy mj...sorry duder  ;)

can I watch?

mjkoehler

QuotePeeps getting married in faraway places.  Have a good one guys.
Very happy for Meg and Ben.

Jaimoe

QuotePeeps getting married in faraway places.  Have a good one guys.
Very happy for Meg and Ben.

Yes! I believe they are getting married in my hometown of Kingston, Ontario. I saw Meg earlier in the summer when I went home to check out some bands. I'm very happy for them both.

TEO

my belt is looser and I have more energy...

Penny Lane

Quotemy belt is looser and I have more energy...

Nice!! Keep up the good work.

johnnYYac

I'm getting my driveway paved!  Can't wait!  $6600 well spent.

Before

After (will post in 3-4 weeks)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

TEO

Quotemy belt is looser and I have more energy...

Nice!! Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Will prolly be able to drop out of the daily postings soon on the Fit Thread because I am already feeling like it is more a part of my lifestyle...

TEO

But Counsellor, please remember that does not mean that I quit working out... :)

Penny Lane

QuoteBut Counsellor, please remember that does not mean that I quit working out... :)

I'll be watching you. I've got spies, too. (well one spy)

Penny Lane

QuoteI'm getting my driveway paved!  Can't wait!  $6600 well spent.

Before

Jeez!! Look at that driveway! Looks like a beautiful place to live, JYac.

johnnYYac

QuoteI'm getting my driveway paved!  Can't wait!  $6600 well spent.

Before

Jeez!! Look at that driveway! Looks like a beautiful place to live, JYac.
Thanks.  It is a pretty plot of land, but the driveway washes out each spring and our plow guy stuggles on the gravel and ruts, so this should be a huge improvement.  I actually met a paving contractor in the hotel lobby after the Essex Jct. MMJ show who set me up with some solid advice and leads to a local paving contractor.  Should really look nice, too!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capt. scotty

Yeah, thatll be one nice driveway once you get that thing paved Yac..Makes it easier to shovel snow and stuff too...I cant believe how expensive cement is though!  :o
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons