Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingmept2

Concrete is a pretty hard line of work. Most of my fam is in the business. Hot damn does the work suck tho.
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

capt. scotty

I got Madden 11 for my PS2 yesterday. This is quite a joy because the last copy of Madden that I had been playing was Madden 04 with Michael Vick on the cover.  ;D

Numerous Canadian Club and Ginger Ales will be consumed tonight while starting a new Stillers franchise.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Hawkeye

Dart League.  Getting better, and made lots of new peeps.  Anyone every play "5-alive?"  That game is fun, and particularly challenging if you play with loops and ladders!  So far I've got the hook-ups on the following things from only 2 weeks of darts:

- smoke
- pedal steel for sale and buddies to jam with
- 2 different guys who can work on my Firebird - one to get rid of the ugly cheesy-ass antenna on the front fender that's driving me nuts, and one to get the engine all tuned up
- sweet vintage garage signs and jukeboxes...the guy is world reknowned for restoring old jukeboxes...need to get going on that '45 collection!

We could.

Penny Lane

- sweet vintage garage signs and jukeboxes...the guy is world reknowned for restoring old jukeboxes...need to get going on that '45 collection!

that's so cool! i'd like to have one of those vintage vinyl filled jukeboxes someday...

dart leagues are huge where i live..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

Nice Hawkeye...sounds like fun, just like a bowling league. I suck at both darts and bowling thuogh
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

QuoteDart League.  Getting better, and made lots of new peeps.  Anyone every play "5-alive?"  That game is fun, and particularly challenging if you play with loops and ladders!  So far I've got the hook-ups on the following things from only 2 weeks of darts:

- smoke
- 2 different guys who can work on my Firebird - one to get rid of the ugly cheesy-ass antenna on the front fender that's driving me nuts, and one to get the engine all tuned up

Sweet! Suck it while you got it baby... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

QuoteDart League.  Getting better, and made lots of new peeps.  Anyone every play "5-alive?"  That game is fun, and particularly challenging if you play with loops and ladders!  So far I've got the hook-ups on the following things from only 2 weeks of darts:

- smoke

Have you committed to T5 yet?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

- smoke

Seriously Hawkeye....We're well past our third date. :-*
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Hawkeye

- smoke

No...I have commitment issues.  I'm talking to my buddy about it and I think we'll know by Friday or so...I have a hard time looking past that Bobby Bare show on 10-1 right now.  Pretty pumped for that.  Although the T5 shows are obviously a whole 'nother animal.
We could.

Hawkeye

- smoke

Seriously Hawkeye....We're well past our third date. :-*

That third date has always been key for me....if you know what I mean  ;)  Maybe I'm easy.
We could.

Hawkeye

that's so cool! i'd like to have one of those vintage vinyl filled jukeboxes someday...

dart leagues are huge where i live..

This guy's jukebox is LOADED with good stuff.  All I remember off the top of my head is Sam Cooke and "Wild Thing," but I'll have to make a list of what he's got on it.  I walked in and he was talking to a customer and recommending he play a Sam Cooke song.  I was sold on the place immediately.  He's seriously the nicest guy in the world.  He goes by "Peewee."  He's like 70 years old, has more stories than you've got time to hear (in a good way).  He owns this ice cream shop/restaurant/antique store that's just straight out of the '50s.  I bought some Pontiac signs for the garage and he told me about his jukebox connections.

But yeah, I want one of those jukeboxes in a bad way.  He said they go from about $7500 to $10,000.  I'll have to look into it more but I'd like one that plays 45's but you could also plug in a USB flash drive or other external source...although that would necessitate some type of touch screen or other keypad that would take away from that vintage look, unless you could hide it somehow when you want to.

I think...if I ever get a date around here...I'll take her to this place :)
We could.

Penny Lane

- smoke

No...I have commitment issues.  I'm talking to my buddy about it and I think we'll know by Friday or so...I have a hard time looking past that Bobby Bare show on 10-1 right now.  Pretty pumped for that.  Although the T5 shows are obviously a whole 'nother animal.

T5 is the whole damn animal kingdom.

TEO

Looks like Jake's Peace Corp assignment will be teaching English in China. I am gonna' play Steam on top of the Great Wall and cry like a big baby...

lil sis

Wine.

And knowing that after a very long week I will be working from the comfort of my bed tomorrow.  :)
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

TEO

sticky calling me son in a fb pm... ;D

woodnymph

Mother Earth News Fair all weekend! How to grow your own food, use alternative energy, and learn basic homesteading techniques from people who know what's up 8-) Right outside of Pittsburgh!!

http://www.motherearthnews.com/fair/home.aspx
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

mjkoehler

Moved my potted herbs around so they get better access to the sun and such. 2 little rosemary plants now constitute a large bush. If I dried it all, it would be several pounds worth of dried rosemary. That's a lot of fucking rosemary. Smells so good. We had a smallish Thai basil plant going. Well, it ain't so small anymore. Damn thing is several feet tall and it now 3 plants. I would be the envy of many Asian resturaunts if they say this bunch. Fall time, time for soups and stews, including the greatest soup of all time; Pho. Can't wait to just walk onto my porch and snip a couple sprigs to steep in my soup.

end of joyous rambling  :D

touchingmept2

QuoteMoved my potted herbs around so they get better access to the sun and such. 2 little rosemary plants now constitute a large bush. If I dried it all, it would be several pounds worth of dried rosemary. That's a lot of fucking rosemary. Smells so good. We had a smallish Thai basil plant going. Well, it ain't so small anymore. Damn thing is several feet tall and it now 3 plants. I would be the envy of many Asian resturaunts if they say this bunch. Fall time, time for soups and stews, including the greatest soup of all time; Pho. Can't wait to just walk onto my porch and snip a couple sprigs to steep in my soup.

end of joyous rambling  :D

Siiiigh jealous...
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

Penny Lane

I actually got a job interview.
Need to find a suit now! A super stuffy one...

jones

QuoteI actually got a job interview.
Need to find a suit now! A super stuffy one...
Good luck!