Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

QuoteI got the day off from work tomorrow! I've had to stay late two days this week for parent-teacher conferences this week, but I pumped about not getting out of bed at 6:40 tomorrow morning.

6:40!  I wish.  You must be elementary, eh?  Why in @$@# high schools have to start so early?  I'm up at 5:30 and I'm no morning person.  Then to stay at P/T conferences until 8pm!  Oy!

Sorry, felt like bitchin'.  Enjoy your day off.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

lil sis

QuoteSkirts + boots weather.  My favorite time of year   :)
Amen!  Cannot wait to rock my boots again!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

mjkoehler

was it a pencil skirt Alady? I share your philsophy of Never underestimate the power of the pencil skirt. Women look damn sexy in 'em and I cannot resist. They hold some strange power of me.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI got the day off from work tomorrow! I've had to stay late two days this week for parent-teacher conferences this week, but I pumped about not getting out of bed at 6:40 tomorrow morning.

6:40!  I wish.  You must be elementary, eh?  Why in @$@# high schools have to start so early?  I'm up at 5:30 and I'm no morning person.  Then to stay at P/T conferences until 8pm!  Oy!

Sorry, felt like bitchin'.  Enjoy your day off.  

how often are you honest with parents at conferences about their kid being smart?  I'd hook all my students up with A+'s and make the slow kids feel like champions.  Do your students respect you or make fun of you?  I'd love to dominate your class as a guest teacher once if it's at all possible.  I'm two credits shy of a social science minor I think so that gives me the requirements to teach high school history...

let me blow some minds yac, while they're still young.  

mjkoehler

those without the benifit of Facebook. I've been working on this effing table since early this year. It's finally done. It's a biggun. Seriously will fit 15+ people. I've been working on this so long you can sort of see I have 2 different cars.

Before

After

TheBigChicken

QuoteI'm not sure if it's a joy, but I'm heading to San Fran and the Pacific coast, including LA, in October for a little vacation. I'll also be checking out the EELS at the Fillmore, Alcatraz, Haight-Ashbury etc... I'll also be doing some coastal driving, wine touring and checking out LA/Hollywood sights (I have to do the latter since I'll regret it afterwards). I do want to see an Anaheim Ducks and/or Kings game, but I'm only calling half the shots on this trip. My wife will not go to a football game.
not sure if it's a joy....I LOVE SAN FRANCISCO :-* :-*  holy shit man
head north a few miles to Muir Woods :'( :'(tears of JOY !!!!!!!!!
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

touchingmept2

Catching the rerun of MMJ on Austin City Limits right now. be jealous hehehe!!!! ;D
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

Crispy

QuoteI'm not sure if it's a joy, but I'm heading to San Fran and the Pacific coast, including LA, in October for a little vacation. I'll also be checking out the EELS at the Fillmore, Alcatraz, Haight-Ashbury etc... I'll also be doing some coastal driving, wine touring and checking out LA/Hollywood sights (I have to do the latter since I'll regret it afterwards). I do want to see an Anaheim Ducks and/or Kings game, but I'm only calling half the shots on this trip. My wife will not go to a football game.
I'm with Mr. Chicken here -- bite your tongue! I would love more than anything to be in San Francisco right now.

Go north to Muir Woods, head south to Bean Hollow and go tidepooling.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Tracy 3000

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Tracy 3000

the Big Chicken is right. I was in Sacramento for 2 nights 2 weeks ago and the only thing I wanted to do was to see a Redwood tree (and the ocean). It had been 10 years since I saw a redwood and when I saw one again 2 weeks ago I nearly weeped. Man!

pictures do them no justice, but here's one anyway

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Penny Lane

the Big Chicken is right. I was in Sacramento for 2 nights 2 weeks ago and the only thing I wanted to do was to see a Redwood tree (and the ocean). It had been 10 years since I saw a redwood and when I saw one again 2 weeks ago I nearly weeped. Man!

i hate LA but i am headed out to San Fran next weekend, gonna catch Band of Horses and also the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass the following weekend (free in Golden Gate Park). haven't been since my jack kerouac trip back 10 years ago..can't wait to hit City Lights Bookstore and Amoeba Records. i'm also hoping to get out to Sacramento soon. Also wanted to do the Alcatraz nighttime tour but it's sold out the weekends i'm there.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

pawpaw

i hate LA but i am headed out to San Fran next weekend, gonna catch Band of Horses and also the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass the following weekend (free in Golden Gate Park). haven't been since my jack kerouac trip back 10 years ago..can't wait to hit City Lights Bookstore and Amoeba Records. i'm also hoping to get out to Sacramento soon. Also wanted to do the Alcatraz nighttime tour but it's sold out the weekends i'm there.

Uh...don't go out of your way to plan much time in Sacramento on a vacation, any of you. Trust me, I live here.  ;D

PM me if you'd like any advice on your trip Jaimoe! Penny too! TBC and Tracy ain't lyin' 'bout them redwoods either.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

mjkoehler

San Fran is one of the greatest places......

Jaimoe

I'm intending to go to Muir Woods. No, I don't feel joy too often when I travel, but I'm looking forward to seeing San Fran, and to a far lesser extent, LA. Excited is a better word than joy. Seeing the redwoods will be awsome.  

mjkoehler

If you are in the mood for Chinese, and you make it to Chinatown, try to eat at House Of Nanking. It's a hole in the wall but fantastic food. The long line outside is usually a good indication.

Jaimoe

QuoteIf you are in the mood for Chinese, and you make it to Chinatown, try to eat at House Of Nanking. It's a hole in the wall but fantastic food. The long line outside is usually a good indication.

I might just do that. Some of my favourite Chinese restaurants in Toronto's downtown Chinatowns are tiny but always crowded. How is their hot & sour soup and chicken with black bean sauce on rice noodle? I'm getting hungry already.

ALady

Quotewas it a pencil skirt Alady? I share your philsophy of Never underestimate the power of the pencil skirt. Women look damn sexy in 'em and I cannot resist. They hold some strange power of me.

;D  It was not...it is today, though.  More boots and skirts!  Huzzah!

Go north to Muir Woods, head south to Bean Hollow and go tidepooling.

Whuh?  I wanna do this.  Not sure I'll have time for it next month, but someday.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

QuoteIf you are in the mood for Chinese, and you make it to Chinatown, try to eat at House Of Nanking. It's a hole in the wall but fantastic food. The long line outside is usually a good indication.

I might just do that. Some of my favourite Chinese restaurants in Toronto's downtown Chinatowns are tiny but always crowded. How is their hot & sour soup and chicken with black bean sauce on rice noodle? I'm getting hungry already.
Didn't try either.not sure they were on the menu. Last time I was there I got seasame chicken. I distinctly remember sitting at the bar eating as I was a party of 1 and I was having an ephiphany. The person sitting next to me was to. But, damn the soup and chicken with black bean sauce sounds fantastic.

Jaimoe

Didn't try either.not sure they were on the menu. Last time I was there I got seasame chicken. I distinctly remember sitting at the bar eating as I was a party of 1 and I was having an ephiphany. The person sitting next to me was to. But, damn the soup and chicken with black bean sauce sounds fantastic.

Hot and sour soup is inconsistent - sometimes it`s too fucking hot and sometimes it`s too sour. However, the right mix is heavenly. You can get get chicken or beef with black sauce on rice noodle, rice or on noodles (which are the thin dried crunchy kind, that soften up when you mix the sauce and meat in). I also love lemon chicken and Szechwan shrimp. Shrimp wonton noodle soup kicks ass too.

I want to compare San Fran`s Chinatown and gay village with Toronto`s. Both of these cities' neighbourhoods are reportedly comparable in terms of size (but T.O. has three Chinatowns). NYC's gay village and Chinatown are rather small - I didn't even know I was in NYC`s gay village... not that there`s anything wrong with that.

TEO

I FINALLY got to wear My Morning Jacket this morning... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary