Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

Charlie Sheen's new catch phrase: "WINNING!"
Cow temperature.

wolof7

Quote from: kydiddle on Mar 01, 2011, 12:37 PM

HA! Bipolar much? As a mental health clinician his grandiosity is scary, it really is something to reckon, he's got a lot of work to do on himself. Of course the drugs don't help nor does the narcissitic personality disorder.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

tdb810

Quote from: wolof7 on Mar 01, 2011, 01:06 PM

HA! Bipolar much? As a mental health clinician his grandiosity is scary, it really is something to reckon, he's got a lot of work to do on himself. Of course the drugs don't help nor does the narcissitic personality disorder.

whoa wolof...i was having the same exact convo with my husband last night ! As a clincian and an advocate for the mentally ill, I actually felt kind of bad that he was being broadcast like that.  He is clearly a very sick pup, and that coupled with the axis II -- oy!
.....Back at the Model Home

kydiddle

Quote from: tdb810 on Mar 01, 2011, 01:29 PM

whoa wolof...i was having the same exact convo with my husband last night ! As a clincian and an advocate for the mentally ill, I actually felt kind of bad that he was being broadcast like that.  He is clearly a very sick pup, and that coupled with the axis II -- oy!

They'll exploit the crazy and then if, or when, he does die from this insane lifestyle he's living they'll all ask "What went wrong?"
Cow temperature.

wolof7

Quote from: kydiddle on Mar 01, 2011, 01:44 PM

They'll exploit the crazy and then if, or when, he does die from this insane lifestyle he's living they'll all ask "What went wrong?"

I agree. At first, as with all celebrities having these kind of issues I start to think "who the hell do they think they are?" Then the clinician voice kicks in and it stops being funny. I mean why is the Today show (and all media for that matter) giving this guy a platform when he is so clearly sick. Granted it doesn't warrant him to be such an asshole, but those with substance issues, mental health issues and those with axis II issues don't typically exercise sound judgement and/or insight when they are in the throes of stressful situation or a possible manic/depressive/psychotic/drug-induced episode.

That's the difficulty in empathizing with people with these illnesses...but giving such a drug-addicted narcissist free reign to speak out in a grandiose and delusional state is a sad form of entertainment for so many.

His commentary is pretty priceless though isn't it?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

tdb810

Quote from: wolof7 on Mar 01, 2011, 01:59 PM
Quote from: kydiddle on Mar 01, 2011, 01:44 PM

I agree. At first, as with all celebrities having these kind of issues I start to think "who the hell do they think they are?" Then the clinician voice kicks in and it stops being funny. I mean why is the Today show (and all media for that matter) giving this guy a platform when he is so clearly sick. Granted it doesn't warrant him to be such an asshole, but those with substance issues, mental health issues and those with axis II issues don't typically exercise sound judgement and/or insight when they are in the throes of stressful situation or a possible manic/depressive/psychotic/drug-induced episode.

That's the difficulty in empathizing with people with these illnesses...but giving such a drug-addicted narcissist free reign to speak out in a grandiose and delusional state is a sad form of entertainment for so many.

His commentary is pretty priceless though isn't it?

eh, i hear better stuff at work :)
seriously though, he seems manic w/ psychosis + substance + pd = get that man in the hospital. 

aMillionDreams

You all now know a professional brewer!

I'm the new brewer's assistant at the Bluegrass Brewing Company!

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Hawkeye

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Mar 01, 2011, 08:30 PM

Nice!  I'm applying for a lab technician job at the New Glarus Brewing Company in New Glarus, Wisconsin!  Fingers crossed!  I'm hoping if I get the job they'll put me through brewing school...or at the very least the owner Dan needs to teach me everything he knows!
We could.

jones

What?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!??!?!?

subinai

that is awesome! keep us updated on the fruits of your labors! i'm hoppy to sample!

woodnymph

Movin' my britches to Asheville TOMORROW  :D :D :D

I've been non-stop for the past 2 weeks, doing just about everything but packing  :-X  Spent lots of time with friends and familia, worked massive hours... Miss the bo-oard! Hope everyone's keen as peaches  :)  Hangout Fest looking promising.

Tomorrow shall breach the space-time continuum! A whole new world...  :o

And this:

ANIMAL CRACKERS [Shamrock Edit] (HQ)

:P
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

TheBigChicken

Have a SAFE trip Woody !!!!!
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TEO

Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 02, 2011, 02:33 AM

I've been non-stop for the past 2 weeks, doing just about everything but packing  :-X  Spent lots of time with friends and familia, worked massive hours... Miss the bo-oard! Hope everyone's keen as peaches  :)  Hangout Fest looking promising.

Tomorrow shall breach the space-time continuum! A whole new world...  :o

And this:

Be sure and catch some TOUBAB KREWE shows in their hometown... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Ruckus

Congratulations aMD :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
You're still teaching though right?  I'm running out of reasons to avoid Louisville ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

that's awesome, aMD...Congrats!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Mar 02, 2011, 05:49 AM
Have a SAFE trip Woody !!!!!

ditto, nymph!
and hope to see you at Hangout!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

aMillionDreams

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 02, 2011, 08:38 AM

Congratulations aMD :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
You're still teaching though right?  I'm running out of reasons to avoid Louisville ;)

Yeah, I'm still teaching.  If I work my way up the ladder it may be my only profession someday but for now it's a great second job! Definitely looking forward to giving some of you all a brewery tour!  :beer:
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Jon T.

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Mar 02, 2011, 08:53 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 02, 2011, 08:38 AM

Yeah, I'm still teaching.  If I work my way up the ladder it may be my only profession someday but for now it's a great second job! Definitely looking forward to giving some of you all a brewery tour!  :beer:

Nice, man!  Talk about catching the brewing bug.  From your huge garden to already becoming a brewer's assistant, I guess you don't like to half-ass things too much?  Congrats.

tdb810

Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 02, 2011, 02:33 AM

I've been non-stop for the past 2 weeks, doing just about everything but packing  :-X  Spent lots of time with friends and familia, worked massive hours... Miss the bo-oard! Hope everyone's keen as peaches  :)  Hangout Fest looking promising.Tomorrow shall breach the space-time continuum! A whole new world...  :o

And this:

Hey, looking promising huh?  That's just awesome!!!

woodnymph

Woop woop, I made it!! Thanks for the well-wishes you guys!!

I rolled in under the cover of darkness, so the morning is going to be just unruly when everything is lit up!!!

I definitely plan to catch some TOUBAB soon!  And Trish/Christine, I *HOPE* to make it to Hangout! Some other friends of mine seem increasingly interested, so if they all plan to go I'll be joining for sure!!! Are you both in for sure?? I'll keep you posted on my plans!!

Til then I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M IN ASHEVILLE!! Wakeup tomorrow is going to be the bees'es kneeses  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time