Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: Cheetara on Feb 08, 2011, 09:55 PM
Howdy!

First official post ever!

My Current Joys:

1. The warm sun on my back (california weather ;))

2. My 2 kittens

3. MMJ o' course!

4. My friends and family

5. The fact that the semester is ending in 4 months, Hells yeah!

6. New beginnings and lots of change to come...  :)
Welcome, Cheetara. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

pawpaw

Thanks guys! I'll get some pictures of the little lady up one of these days.

And congrats to you Jon. T! :beer: You guys know what you're having? 
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

BH

Quote from: bbill on Feb 08, 2011, 07:47 PM
Well, we've got a fourth little member to our family! Little baby girl bbill is almost 3 weeks old now. She and Mama are doing just fine, and her big brother is actually being pretty sweet with her, and isn't too bent out of shape that he has to share our attention with her now. We're all pretty tired, but very happy.  :)

Nice!  Congrats BBill!   :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

vespachick

Well, we've got a fourth little member to our family! Little baby girl bbill is almost 3 weeks old now. She and Mama are doing just fine, and her big brother is actually being pretty sweet with her, and isn't too bent out of shape that he has to share our attention with her now. We're all pretty tired, but very happy.  :)
Congratulations!!! I'm still wondering what that "M" name was that you were holding out on me with!!!???? (Mine's "Mielle", she's 9 weeks old!)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

pawpaw

Quote from: vespachick on Feb 09, 2011, 05:02 PM
Congratulations!!! I'm still wondering what that "M" name was that you were holding out on me with!!!???? (Mine's "Mielle", she's 9 weeks old!)

:) Aw, that's a beautiful name! Congrats to you too...I haven't been on a whole lot, so I probably missed the news the first time around. How are you feeling?

Our little girl's name is Maisie (rhymes with Daisy). She's lovely.  :) :) :)

Jon T.

Quote from: bbill on Feb 09, 2011, 02:25 PM

Thanks and NO!  We aren't going to find out with this one.  We did with our first but wanted to try and make this one a different experience.  I'd like a little girl but obviously won't be dissapointed either way.  Although my wife did tell me this weekend that if it's not a girl, she'd like to try one more time.  The idea of two kids is kind of overwhelming to me right now - the thought of three is almost terrifying...  ;D

Jon T.

A couple of great names there!

pawpaw

Quote from: Jon T. on Feb 09, 2011, 06:11 PM

Thanks and NO!  We aren't going to find out with this one.  We did with our first but wanted to try and make this one a different experience.  I'd like a little girl but obviously won't be dissapointed either way.  Although my wife did tell me this weekend that if it's not a girl, she'd like to try one more time.  The idea of two kids is kind of overwhelming to me right now - the thought of three is almost terrifying...  ;D

I know a lot of it has to do with the difference in age, but two for us has created some pretty overwhelming situations (our son is only 2). I've got it easy too - my wife is home all day with the two of them, and is also the one up feeding little girl all night. She's doing an awesome job.  :-*

We're not making any final decisions at this point, but having one of each would make it pretty easy to stop at two. We'll see...three does seem to be insane. It makes me realize how tough both of my grandmothers were, both mothers of 5.

Cheetara

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 08, 2011, 10:44 PM
Quote from: Cheetara on Feb 08, 2011, 09:55 PM
Howdy!

First official post ever!

My Current Joys:

1. The warm sun on my back (california weather ;))

2. My 2 kittens

3. MMJ o' course!

4. My friends and family

5. The fact that the semester is ending in 4 months, Hells yeah!

6. New beginnings and lots of change to come...  :)
Welcome, Cheetara.

Thanks, johnnYYac!  :dankk2:
~The only thing you ever have to truly know in life is Yourself~

bowl of soup

Quote from: bbill on Feb 09, 2011, 06:28 PM

I know a lot of it has to do with the difference in age, but two for us has created some pretty overwhelming situations (our son is only 2). I've got it easy too - my wife is home all day with the two of them, and is also the one up feeding little girl all night. She's doing an awesome job.  :-*

We're not making any final decisions at this point, but having one of each would make it pretty easy to stop at two. We'll see...three does seem to be insane. It makes me realize how tough both of my grandmothers were, both mothers of 5.

Congrats.  I think 2 is easier than 1 (at least after the 1st couple of months with the new one and as long as they are somewhat close in age).  They entertain the living hell out of each other.  I think people who go to 3 are somewhat crazy.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

kydiddle

Congrats to you and your family!  :)
Cow temperature.

BH

Quote from: bowl of soup on Feb 10, 2011, 01:54 PM
  I think people who go to 3 are somewhat crazy.

:D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

Quote from: bbill on Feb 09, 2011, 06:28 PM

Thought about you the other day when I ran across my Mother Hips CD! Congrats on the new little one...I had no idea and am totally diggin' on the name.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

Quote from: Jon T. on Feb 09, 2011, 06:13 PM
Congrats Jonny T.! There is nothing like being a Father...still got your WWJJDO on your stickshift?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jon T.

Quote from: dead on Feb 10, 2011, 04:36 PM
Quote from: Jon T. on Feb 09, 2011, 06:13 PM
Congrats Jonny T.! There is nothing like being a Father...still got your WWJJDO on your stickshift?
Thanks, man!  Good to hear from you.
You talking about this guy....

Of course it's still on my stickshift.  Where else would it be?  ;)

johnnYYac

I'm home today with Lauren, my 2 1/2 year old and third daughter (yeah, those of us with 3 ARE crazy).  She's in day 3 of feeling really crummy.

I was sending an email to work, came back downstairs, and found she had gone poop in the potty, all by herself!  Not the first time using the potty; she wears undies during her waking hours.  But I'm so proud of her listening to her body and taking care of business with total independence.  Not bad for 2.5 years young!

Here she is, potty star of the day!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

John, she is a beautiful super-duper pooper.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

capt. scotty

Congrats Bbill and Jon T!! Maybe when Im a bit older I'll want a daughter, but Id be perfectly fine with 2 sons and not having to deal with crazy pre-teen & teenage daughter(s) and the guys trying to get with them.

Nice with your daughter Yac..Thats reminds me, I need to break out my "Whats your Poo Telling You?" daily calendar I got for Xmas.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

woodnymph

First and Foremost! Congrats Bbill!!!  :D :D  And Johnny your daughter is just a little cutie for sure!! That's got to be a sweet feeling to know they're "gettin the hang of things" heh

Thirdly, Jon that is an AWESOME bracelet! Way sweet!

And fourthly the cave hike I led last week was awesome, and we had a great day for it and hiked around 4 miles or so... here's a snapshot of the inside of the cave! (Can't wait to post a pic or two of the BATS!!!) (No joke, they were awesome)

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

The little face!!

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time