Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headhunter

Quote from: lil sis on Jun 10, 2011, 12:20 PM
Booked my flight out to Denver this morning for jacket westfest at red rocks. Now sitting on the beach with my love. Sister that lives in Pittsburgh is home this wknd for our other sister's baby shower tomorrow. Life is good.  :beer:

This is very good indeed.

24 hours from now, Mrs. Headhunter & I are heading out to NJ to see the Drive By Truckers and Alejandro Escovedo with Penny Lane and her dbt forum buds.  This will be my second DBT show with Penny and my wife's first DBT show. Coming just 6 days after seeing MMJ at Mt. Jam with Penny and all the other forum peeps, I'd say this has been a good week!

Yes, life is good.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

lil sis

Quote from: kydiddle on Jun 10, 2011, 01:52 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Jun 10, 2011, 01:35 PM
Quote from: kydiddle on Jun 10, 2011, 12:38 PM
Booked my flight out to Denver this morning for jacket westfest at red rocks. Now sitting on the beach with my love. Sister that lives in Pittsburgh is home this wknd for our other sister's baby shower tomorrow. Life is good.  :beer:

I love that there seems to be a neverending supply of sisters in this family!  ;D Enjoy your lovely weekend!

Seriously!  I read through that trying to make sense of it.   All's I could think of were these logic puzzles I used to do in magazines that give you a bunch of facts and you have to piece it together:  one sister lives in Pittsburgh.  One sister is pregnant.  Two sisters like MMJ.  One sister has a boyfriend.   One sister met the perfect guy but he was engaged.   That sister does not live in Pittsburgh.

;D ;D ;D
That really made me LOL! 
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

lil sis

Quote from: headhunter on Jun 10, 2011, 03:41 PM

This is very good indeed.

24 hours from now, Mrs. Headhunter & I are heading out to NJ to see the Drive By Truckers and Alejandro Escovedo with Penny Lane and her dbt forum buds.  This will be my second DBT show with Penny and my wife's first DBT show. Coming just 6 days after seeing MMJ at Mt. Jam with Penny and all the other forum peeps, I'd say this has been a good week!

Yes, life is good.
Heading out to NJ and the NJ ladies are already booked.  :(

Hope you, Beth & Penny have a great time!

mjk73

Finally some non skin melting temps, comfortable breeze, lots of Oberon, rosemary skewer beef kabobs. Nice to be able to enjoy my patio without fear of heat exhaustion.

Crispy

Quote from: mjk73 on Jun 11, 2011, 07:34 PM
Finally some non skin melting temps, comfortable breeze, lots of Oberon, rosemary skewer beef kabobs. Nice to be able to enjoy my patio without fear of heat exhaustion.

That is nice. I was enjoying a Manhattan and some fresh guacamole on the deck, but there wasn't enough breeze to keep the flies away, and it's still pretty damn steamy. I would fire up the grill, but I'd have to go to the store first, so I'm going to allow myself to order some chinese food instead. Probably another Manhattan in my near future too.

Also gonna work on my forum peeps logic puzzle ala magh33ta..."This one trades barbs regularly with the one who first saw RUSH in 1981 but does not engage the one who powders his nacha with Gold Bond every day..."
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Hawkeye

Got a dog today from the Humane Society!  Shepherd/Chow mix.  About a year old.  I'll have to post some pics of her and my roomie's dog.  They're quite the pair.

And again, my new iPhone.  Love it.
We could.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Crispy on Jun 11, 2011, 08:04 PM

That is nice. I was enjoying a Manhattan and some fresh guacamole on the deck, but there wasn't enough breeze to keep the flies away, and it's still pretty damn steamy. I would fire up the grill, but I'd have to go to the store first, so I'm going to allow myself to order some chinese food instead. Probably another Manhattan in my near future too.

Also gonna work on my forum peeps logic puzzle ala magh33ta..."This one trades barbs regularly with the one who first saw RUSH in 1981 but does not engage the one who powders his nacha with Gold Bond every day..."

I didnt realize me and mj have beef  >:( :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjk73

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 11, 2011, 08:51 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Jun 11, 2011, 08:04 PM

I didnt realize me and mj have beef  >:( :D
only if it's Kobe beef and you ain't sharin'.

youreveningcoat

Carlos Spencer classic try in Super 12 - Blues vs Crusaders

I get a hell of a lot of joy watching this, damn Joe why don't you run like this anymore

"Carlos Spencer... OH THIS IS AMAZING!"

Also a joy is that when I look at the home page of the forum it says that I am the last person to post in every topic  :D
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

lil sis

Quote from: Hawkeye on Jun 11, 2011, 08:21 PM
Got a dog today from the Humane Society!  Shepherd/Chow mix.  About a year old.  I'll have to post some pics of her and my roomie's dog.  They're quite the pair.

Congrats!  I have a four year old shepherd.  They are the best dogs.  Looking forward to seeing pics of your new pup!

mjk73

Quote from: Hawkeye on Jun 11, 2011, 08:21 PM

Good for you. Pound puppies are usually the best dogs.

sundari

I FINALLY got my poster from the Lexington show framed and hung.  It looks very nice in my kitchen.
Don't think about all those things you fear.
Just be glad to be here.

ralph

1/2 way through a 4 day long weekend! The sun is shining (although theres not a lot of heat from it) and I'm going to the footy soon to watch my team kick ass and drink a few beers!  Not too shabby a day really...  :thumbsup:

Also had my holiday leave request approved for October.  Look out San Fran & Bridge Beneift, I'm coming youre way soon!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: ralph on Jun 12, 2011, 07:42 PM
1/2 way through a 4 day long weekend! The sun is shining (although theres not a lot of heat from it) and I'm going to the footy soon to watch my team kick ass and drink a few beers!  Not too shabby a day really...  :thumbsup:

Also had my holiday leave request approved for October.  Look out San Fran & Bridge Beneift, I'm coming youre way soon!

Don't forget that most of us aren't australian.  ;) Aussies have some strange lingo.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Penny Lane

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Jun 13, 2011, 03:51 PM
TEO in town!

did he bring his mandolin?! or was he hawking his brand... ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Tomorrow is my 15th anniversary and my wonderful wife, Michele, got me a 2005 Ibanez Arc 100, my first electric.  I know its a low end model, used, but its mahgeetah!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

kydiddle

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 14, 2011, 08:59 PM
Tomorrow is my 15th anniversary and my wonderful wife, Michele, got me a 2005 Ibanez Arc 100, my first electric.  I know its a low end model, used, but its mahgeetah!

Your wife seems very cool...hope I get to meet her at a show one day!

Happy Anniversary, too!!  :beer:
Cow temperature.

headhunter

Quote from: kydiddle on Jun 15, 2011, 12:40 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 14, 2011, 08:59 PM

Your wife seems very cool...hope I get to meet her at a show one day!

Happy Anniversary, too!!  :beer:

VERY cool indeed.  Would like to meet her too.  Maybe Beth & I can someday join you on a double date for an MMJ show.   ;)
was some shakin' and some record playin'

tdb810

Happy Anniversary to the Yacs of NH!
.....Back at the Model Home