Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre_GivenToFly

Went to the gym for the first time in months yesterday; sore but worth it. Signed up for a Tough Mudder race in November. Bought a new camera and have been hitting the streets in an attempt to learn about photography. 5 days in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire in July. Pittsburgh/Baltimore MMJ roadtrip in August. MMJ in Philly in August. Chicago/Montana/Seattle solo vacation in September. Throw in some Phillies baseball and I've got myself a few good months coming up.

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Penny Lane

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jun 20, 2011, 03:36 PM
Went to the gym for the first time in months yesterday; sore but worth it. Signed up for a Tough Mudder race in November. Bought a new camera and have been hitting the streets in an attempt to learn about photography. 5 days in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire in July. Pittsburgh/Baltimore MMJ roadtrip in August. MMJ in Philly in August. Chicago/Montana/Seattle solo vacation in September. Throw in some Phillies baseball and I've got myself a few good months coming up.

tough mudder looks so cool! keep us posted on that.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjk73

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jun 20, 2011, 03:57 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jun 20, 2011, 03:36 PM

tough mudder looks so cool! keep us posted on that.
I think we should have a Jacket Tough Mudder. I know there are several of us here looking at doing this.

Current Joy- White House visit today.

woodnymph

HAPPY SUMMER YA'LL!!!!   8) 8) 8)

Summer's here, and the time is right! For dancin', in the street!!

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 14, 2011, 08:59 PM
Tomorrow is my 15th anniversary and my wonderful wife, Michele, got me a 2005 Ibanez Arc 100, my first electric.  I know its a low end model, used, but its mahgeetah!

The day is coming, the day is near, the day is coming, in fact, its here!

The people Michele bought my guitar from went out of town, so she just got it today, brought it by a local shop, where it checked out in excellent condition, and should land in my hands in 2-3 hours.  Came with a Fender amp and wahwah pedal; should make for a noisy night.

EDIT: Sounds sweeeet!  Fingers hurt. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ManNamedTruth

Vaporizers! I bought a Vapor Genie that was advertised in the Relix mag that MMJ was in.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

lucylew

Tomorrow I work 3/4 of the day - and then have 10 continous days off thanks to the 4th of July holiday weekend.  I have not had a week off (let alone more) since April 2010 so I am more than ready.  And I'll be spending my vacation on the road with my honey catching many MMJ shows.  Life is good.

kydiddle

Quote from: lucylew on Jun 24, 2011, 02:14 AM
Tomorrow I work 3/4 of the day - and then have 10 continous days off thanks to the 4th of July holiday weekend.  I have not had a week off (let alone more) since April 2010 so I am more than ready.  And I'll be spending my vacation on the road with my honey catching many MMJ shows.  Life is good.

Beautiful.  :thumbsup:
Cow temperature.

megalicious

Me, too. Once I leave work today, I am off for 10 days. I'm going to the beach, and I cannot wait. I haven't had more than one day off since March. This is going to be sublime.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

iLikeBeer

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 23, 2011, 03:01 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 14, 2011, 08:59 PM
Tomorrow is my 15th anniversary and my wonderful wife, Michele, got me a 2005 Ibanez Arc 100, my first electric.  I know its a low end model, used, but its mahgeetah!

The day is coming, the day is near, the day is coming, in fact, its here!

The people Michele bought my guitar from went out of town, so she just got it today, brought it by a local shop, where it checked out in excellent condition, and should land in my hands in 2-3 hours.  Came with a Fender amp and wahwah pedal; should make for a noisy night.

EDIT: Sounds sweeeet!  Fingers hurt.

Nice Johnny!  I really need to get my acoustic out of storage and start playing again.

ALady

lucy and meg, sounds lovely!  So happy for you ladies.  Enjoy the time off!   :bath:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

lil sis

Just returned from my vacation in Playa del Carmen.  It is really beautiful there.  I felt like it wasn't a real place or like I was in a dream.  I'm a little sad to be home, but I like knowing I found a vacation spot I can see myself continuing to go back to.

Also just learned that while I was away ynwa scooped up two tickets for us for the Philly show.  With Red Rocks and MPP already on our list, this is certainly shaping up to be a wonderful August.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

woodnymph

Saw a couple "crop circle" postings about the Circuital lyrics, and thought this would make a great Current Joy, as I just took the pic today..... but this is on my way to and from work everyday, and it is awesome. It is a perpetual current joy.  Ah, Asheville.....  8)

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

YouAre_GivenToFly

Bought a new camera and have been out a lot trying to learn a bit... plan to post some of the ones I think don't suck here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dc1221/

mjk73

Glad to be home from holiday. It was way more stressful then it needed to be.

weeniebeenie

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jun 26, 2011, 12:26 AM
Bought a new camera and have been out a lot trying to learn a bit... plan to post some of the ones I think don't suck here...

Nice photos! I'll add you.
How loud can silence get?

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Jun 27, 2011, 03:56 AM

Nice photos! I'll add you.

Thanks! We've got the same camera!

Hawkeye

Skydiving!!!   :D  First time jumper yesterday.  What a rush.  Getting yourself to jump out of the plane is intense.   :o
We could.

G_Wil

Those pictures look great!

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: G_Wil on Jun 27, 2011, 07:23 PM

Those pictures look great!

Thanks... I'm slowly learning the functions of my camera. Once I learn how to use it I'll focus on composition and stuff like that. So far I've been sticking to "postcard" scenes and pictures, easy to make a picture of a skyline look good  ;)