Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Quote from: Hawkeye on Jun 27, 2011, 01:13 PM
Skydiving!!!   :D  First time jumper yesterday.  What a rush.  Getting yourself to jump out of the plane is intense.   :o
:o :o :o  Glad you were safe and enjoyed it!! Way to go, that would be a super-rush!!!   :thumbsup:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Jon T.

I am officially off crutches as of yesterday!  Doc says I will be able to run again in as little as six weeks possibly, as long as I mix up my routine and don't rely on running as my only cardio. 
Got at least one Jacket show on the horizon.
Got a new ride this weekend.
My wife just won some kind of drawing on FB, something really small, but it's something!

After some really crappy luck lately, things look like they may finally be on the up and up!

Hawkeye

Great news, Jon T!  Count your blessings, for they are many.  Go buy a lottery ticket.
We could.

Crispy

Just got one of these at the office:

Not only is it going help strengthen my back (I can tell already), I found myself bouncing along as I listened to One Big Holiday -- it's like dancing at my desk!

/easily amused
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Jun 30, 2011, 10:46 AM

Not only is it going help strengthen my back (I can tell already), I found myself bouncing along as I listened to One Big Holiday -- it's like dancing at my desk!

/easily amused
Just stalking you man
Retard Vs. Exercise Ball
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Dammit, how did my co-workers get that video up there so fast?  ;D
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Hawkeye

Hey Crispy, I've been sitting on a regular ol' exercise ball for a few weeks now at work...I find myself bouncing all the time.  I always hope no one's watching.  Apparently Ruckus is.  It definitely helps my back.  I usually do 2 hours on the ball, one hour in a regular chair, alternating.   :thumbsup:
We could.

capt. scotty

Sitting on exercise balls?? What are you guys, pregnant or something??  ;D ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Hawkeye

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 30, 2011, 02:26 PM

Well, I kinda look that way sometimes.  I like beer to much, what can I say?
We could.

Crispy

Quote from: Hawkeye on Jun 30, 2011, 03:06 PM

Well, I kinda look that way sometimes.  I like beer to much, what can I say?
Beat me to it.  :-\ ::)

I'm alternating to start out too, it's hardest on the ass muscles that aren't used to it yet. (jeebus christ, I'm just tossing softballs for scotty here)

kydiddle

Haha...awww, don't make fun. These balls are great...they work your core. Wish I had one for work.
Cow temperature.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Way too many potential balls jokes on this thread right now. I'm not mature enough to come back in here.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Penny Lane

Quote from: kydiddle on Jun 30, 2011, 03:25 PM

Haha...awww, don't make fun. These balls are great...they work your core. Wish I had one for work.
(got it covered GTF)
the balls are my favorite part of the workout
the half balls are the best for abs....the full ball is too much
but you can take the full ball and stand and twist with it..that really gets the mid core
for the lower core, take the half ball when you're doing your crunches, scooch all the way down till your lower back (really your butt crack) is at the top most point of the ball and go back and come up slowly
the lower you scoot, the more of your torso your lifting, the better the workout
but really just sitting on a fully inflated ball is an excellent workout
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjk73

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jun 30, 2011, 04:09 PM
Quote from: kydiddle on Jun 30, 2011, 03:25 PM

(got it covered GTF)
the balls are my favorite part of the workout I bet they are
the half balls are the best for abs....the full ball is too much Uhh half balls? Ow
but you can take the full ball and stand and twist with it..that really gets the mid core That's just completly filthy sounding!
for the lower core, take the half ball when you're doing your crunches, scooch all the way down till your lower back (really your butt crack) is at the top most point of the ball and go back and come up slowly Say that again, but say it slowly. Sexily
the lower you scoot, the more of your torso your lifting, the better the workout So true, the lower you go the better
but really just sitting on a fully inflated ball is an excellent workout Yeah most ladies will agree, sitting on a fully "inflated" anything is a great workout
There

BH

Quote from: Crispy on Jun 30, 2011, 10:46 AM

/easily amused

How much?  I need one of those!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

Here you go, BH: Gaiam Balance Ball Chair

There are a couple of other brands too, the above is the cheapest.

Ruckus

To be perfectly honest with you, this weekend is gonna be off the hizzy!
*hula hoops*
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 01, 2011, 05:43 PM
*hula hoops*

For all intensive purposes, this weekend is going to be epic! Starting now with the Manhattan and two avocados in guacamole form.
*Rachel Ray titties*

Jon T.

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 01, 2011, 05:46 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 01, 2011, 05:43 PM
*hula hoops*

For all intensive purposes, this weekend is going to be epic! Starting now with the Manhattan and two avocados in guacamole form.
*Rachel Ray titties*
No doubt, Brosephs. I'm literally going to drink my face off.

darkglow

haha.. how many of you had to google rachel ray's titties to follow some of these posts?

*raises hand*

6 beers in and thinkin of a place to go eat and drink for the evening..