Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

Quote from: tdb810 on Jun 15, 2011, 02:27 PM
Happy Anniversary to the Yacs of NH!

Hear, hear.  Cheers to the YacPack!   :bath:

johnnYYac

Thanks for the anniversary wishes.  Michele is a very cool lady. 

We met in Chapel Hill, when I was with another woman, at East Coast Swing dance lessons.  I almost lost her to the Peace Corp, but became her reason to stay.  She's smart as hell (PhD in Environmental Toxicology), and a great mom.  She puts up with my MMJ obsession, one of many (I am probably undiagnosed OCD and ADHD).  She's been to my first show (Boston 2008) and my best show (Portland, ME 2010).  She lets me sleep in on Saturdays and I let her sleep in on Sundays. 

I probably spend too much time on selfish endeavors and need to spend more time on her and the girls, but she seems to be sticking with me (for now).  As I approach my 3000th post since joining this forum in March of '09, I know I need to spend that time with her and the kids.  I also wonder what she thought when the baby (2.5 year old Lauren) started singing "holdin' on to black metal" at the dinner table last night!

Then she goes and gives Mr. Omnichord an electric guitar with amp and effects pedal!  Hmmm.  She gets a Kindle, though I wish they made 'em waterproof, as she likes to read in the tub each night but had been known to fall asleep.  Many a book have hit the drink.

I'll post a pic soon.  Thanks again.

-John
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 15, 2011, 03:13 PM

We met in Chapel Hill, when I was with another woman, at East Coast Swing dance lessons.  I almost lost her to the Peace Corp, but became her reason to stay.  She's smart as hell (PhD in Environmental Toxicology), and a great mom.  She puts up with my MMJ obsession, one of many (I am probably undiagnosed OCD and ADHD).  She's been to my first show (Boston 2008) and my best show (Portland, ME 2010).  She lets me sleep in on Saturdays and I let her sleep in on Sundays. 

I probably spend too much time on selfish endeavors and need to spend more time on her and the girls, but she seems to be sticking with me (for now).  As I approach my 3000th post since joining this forum in March of '09, I know I need to spend that time with her and the kids.  I also wonder what she thought when the baby (2.5 year old Lauren) started singing "holdin' on to black metal" at the dinner table last night!

Then she goes and gives Mr. Omnichord an electric guitar with amp and effects pedal!  Hmmm.  She gets a Kindle, though I wish they made 'em waterproof, as she likes to read in the tub each night but had been known to fall asleep.  Many a book have hit the drink.

-John

Hey John - great post.  One of the best of the "almost 3000".  It's good when the little things and everyday can make you smile.  Gotta enjoy life's moments while ya got em.  Thanks for the reminder.

(and what's wrong with being undiagnosed ocd?)
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Penny Lane

-John

Great to read, JohnnyY! Sounds like you are a lucky man. There are some other truly amazing couples on here (HH & Beth, Teo & Crazy, TBD & Bobster, Tater & his lady) that almost lead me to believe that marriage can be happy AND fun. Gives a girl hope  ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Thanks, guys... more good news.  No more long commutes! 

After three weeks of intense interviews and a lot of waiting, I got the offer to return to teach science at the high school in town.  I was a teacher there for 3 years, then their assistant principal for 3 years, but when Lauren came along, I decided to return to the classroom and had to take a job almost an hour away.  All in all, I gain 90 minutes a day, though that means I can no longer listen to Circuital twice a day in my car.

My summer break starts 3pm Friday!

Go Bruins!!!

youreveningcoat

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 15, 2011, 10:37 PM
Thanks, guys... more good news.  No more long commutes! 

After three weeks of intense interviews and a lot of waiting, I got the offer to return to teach science at the high school in town.  I was a teacher there for 3 years, then their assistant principal for 3 years, but when Lauren came along, I decided to return to the classroom and had to take a job almost an hour away.  All in all, I gain 90 minutes a day, though that means I can no longer listen to Circuital twice a day in my car.

My summer break starts 3pm Friday!

Go Bruins!!!

Are american schools like they are on tv?

Our schools look like crap compared to yours...
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

headhunter

Congrats Johnny.  The school is lucky tog get you.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

tdb810

Awesome news JYac!  Congrats!
.....Back at the Model Home

MMJ_fanatic

Loving my new Toyota Tacoma with the TRD off road/TX package.  Much more fuel efficient than my old hemi powered Dodge 3/4 ton! 8)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

kydiddle

-John

Awww, JY this is a sweet and wonderful tribute to your wife. I'm sure she would have nothing but amazing things to say about you. Good to hear about the job, too!  :beer:
Cow temperature.

johnnYYac

Quote from: kydiddle on Jun 16, 2011, 04:13 PM

-John

Awww, JY this is a sweet and wonderful tribute to your wife. I'm sure she would have nothing but amazing things to say about you. Good to hear about the job, too!  :beer:
Thanks, guys.  Not to pile on the good news, but turns out my new job pays $6000 more.  And cuts my commute from 30 miles each way to 3.  I don't need the insurance thanks to my wife's job with the State of NH Public Health Lab, so I'll get a couple of grand back for that, too.  At least I won't feel as guilty for the amount of $$$ I sink into MMJ and related adventures. 

woodnymph

JY Happy Anniversary!!!!  What a sweet new geet!  And what a sweet wife & fam you do have!!  Congrats congrats!  :-D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Jon T.

Me and my lady are going on a date tonight. First time in a while. We've had so much going on in our lives lately we've kind of put each other on the back burner. I'm kind of feeling giddy like a schoolboy.

tdb810

Quote from: Jon T. on Jun 17, 2011, 06:48 PM
Me and my lady are going on a date tonight. First time in a while. We've had so much going on in our lives lately we've kind of put each other on the back burner. I'm kind of feeling giddy like a schoolboy.

Love date night! Have fun!!!!
.....Back at the Model Home

lucylew

Scored 3rd row tix for a Michael Buble' show in August! 

Jaimoe

The Canadian TV network I work for, CTV,  has big live music awards show tomorrow called the MMVAs (MuchMusic Video Awards), which is our version of the MTV Awards. Anyway, Gaga performs as does Snoop Dog and Bruno Mars. But 30 minutes ago, I snuck up to watch the Black Keys do their soundcheck. I was 10 feet away from Dan and Patrick. Fucking killer. Just me and about 40 crew members and PR folks. The boys jammed a bit and did several different variations of "Howlin' For You". If you get FUSE, it carries the MMVAs in the US. I would say it's worth watching for Gaga, City & Colour, Keys and Snoop. The other acts such as Avril, FeFe Dobson and Simple Plan are sheer torture.

NoVa_NoLa

Got to meet Bootsy Collins, his wife, and touring band on Wednesday.  On top of that, the show was incredible!  It's taken me this long to come down!

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

kydiddle

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 18, 2011, 11:05 PM

Tracy, dear, how in the heck did you get a picture of me out on the town tonight?  :D
Cow temperature.

megalicious

Congrats, Johnny!
:)

My current joy... one week from today I will be vacationing in Destin, FL.

I've lost 12 pounds in the last month. I am working my way back to being fit. Yesterday, I was able to jog for about an hour. It felt amazing.

We finally have settled into our house (which I call the Pine Palace). The man and I spent yesterday watching shitty horror movies Netflix-- and we had Five Guys burgers for lunch. I love our house. It was built in the '50's, and it's huge. It's kinda out in the woods, so I enjoy the privacy. The bathrooms all have brightly colored tile (mine's Ladybird Pink and Key Lime Green), and there is tons of pine paneling throughout the house. It's perfect. I can't wait for football season to get here so we can have people over to party, grill, and watch the game!

Life is rad.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard