Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Presidents' Day!    :bath:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

iLikeBeer

Quote from: peafunk31 on Feb 20, 2012, 10:45 AM
Getting my relax on in Siesta Key, FLA & knocking back several of these. Good times 8)

Now that sounds like something I could dig!   :beer:

My current joy is that I'm going to get my fireplace back on Wednesday!  After having a chimney fire (contained to our chimney thank god) last spring that damaged our liner, we have gone all winter waiting to have it repaired.  We decided to go with a wood burning insert because they put out more heat and are more efficient than just burning wood in our fireplace.  I can't wait to have the warmth that thing will be putting off and watching our gas bill drop!   :thumbsup: 

At least this winter has been mild as hell.  We picked a good winter to be without a fireplace!   8)

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

mjk73

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 21, 2012, 08:01 AM
The comments to this blog entry make me feel joy
http://www.centives.net/S/2012/how-much-would-it-cost-to-build-the-death-star/
I haven't even opened the link yet but I'm smiling just looking at the name of the link.

Fully

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 21, 2012, 08:01 AM
The comments to this blog entry make me feel joy
http://www.centives.net/S/2012/how-much-would-it-cost-to-build-the-death-star/

Thank you for pointing me in this direction. It was the right path - much joy can be found here. ::) ;) :)

And I might as well add,  :bath:

Fully

This sign last  night is currently bringing me the joy:

Taterbug

I saw that same sign,  I had to rewind it to make sure I was reading it right.  I like how CNN centralized it. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

StaggerLee

Giving P90X a try.  Gonna get my soft ass back in shape.  On day 3 today and feeling twice my age I am so sore.  Hopefully i can make it through.
Flip Flip Flipadelphia

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: StaggerLee on Mar 01, 2012, 12:03 PM
Giving P90X a try.  Gonna get my soft ass back in shape.  On day 3 today and feeling twice my age I am so sore.  Hopefully i can make it through.

Strange...

Last night I fell asleep with the TV on. At some point in the morning a P90X infomercial was playing, but it became intertwined in my dream. In real life I have plans on Friday with a college pal, but in my dream the plans were postponed until I finished the P90X program.   ;D
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

jones

That's great.  You should be sore.  I can't do at home videos, so I joined a CrossFit club to get some strength training in addition to all of the cardio I do.  If you find yourself lacking motivation at home, I'd look into CrossFit.  If you are the motivated type, more power to you!

peafunk31

Life's been pretty f'n awesome the last few months! 1st was news of baby peafunk, then we closed on our 1st home on Tuesday, & today I was given a promotion (with a decent raise that will help with all the new home bills)! I be a happy dude :beer:
Homer no function beer well without.

Penny Lane

Quote from: peafunk31 on Mar 01, 2012, 03:33 PM
Life's been pretty f'n awesome the last few months! 1st was news of baby peafunk, then we closed on our 1st home on Tuesday, & today I was given a promotion (with a decent raise that will help with all the new home bills)! I be a happy dude :beer:

You deserve it, Todd. Keep us posted on Baby Peafunk and the Peafunk House.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

vespachick

Congrats! That so nice to hear that things are going really well for peeps.  Woop!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Hawkeye

Quote from: jones on Mar 01, 2012, 02:15 PM
That's great.  You should be sore.  I can't do at home videos, so I joined a CrossFit club to get some strength training in addition to all of the cardio I do.  If you find yourself lacking motivation at home, I'd look into CrossFit.  If you are the motivated type, more power to you!

I had the P90X program given to me maybe 2-3 years ago...still never jumped into it.  I've tried 3 or 4 of the different workouts, telling myself I would build up a baseline with those and then start the full program, but it never happened.  Still want to try it sometime.  It just HAS to work I think...it's a hard-ass workout and if you follow the meal plan, I don't see how you could not be in much better shape after 90 days, if you're really working at it.  good luck!
We could.

headhunter

Congratulations on all fronts!   Ride the wave for all it's worth.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Fully

We are getting out of school early today for severe weather!!!!!!! I know it should be scary and bad news, but I'm really happy to get off work early!!! :D

Penny Lane

Enjoy that bad weather, Fully!

Jazz Fest, Forecastle, Newport Folk Fest
3 MMJ shows in my future
Doing it all with my friends from here..

Plus I will get to add 2 more states to my list..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

NoVa_NoLa

:beer:

Awesome news...congrats!

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Mar 02, 2012, 12:16 PM
We are getting out of school early today for severe weather!!!!!!! I know it should be scary and bad news, but I'm really happy to get off work early!!! :D
Especially on a Friday, eh?  :thumbsup:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 02, 2012, 02:04 PM
Quote from: Fully on Mar 02, 2012, 12:16 PM
Especially on a Friday, eh?  :thumbsup:

Even more joy has arrived via mail! Discs from The Yacster!!!! Yayyyyyyy! :thumbsup: :D :D :D :D It's going to be a great Friday! Thanks, John!! :beer: :dankk2: