Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

;D  I'm still hanging out in the shallow end of the pool with ya, lady   ;)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Crispy

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 31, 2012, 10:16 AM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 30, 2012, 05:19 PM
"my wife" - listen to you, Hawkeye!    ;) :thumbsup:  Good on ya.

yeah..hawkeye's married and expecting a baby hawkeye..meg's expecting a baby bean...Ghosts and Hawkeye stopped drinking..*sigh* everyone's moving on and maturing (but me) ....WHAT GIVES??!  ;)

AHEM.  :bath:

(somebody tell me what that goddamn bathtub means, if it's not the obvious up-and-down motion)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Hawkeye

Hey, Hawkeye has "cut back" on his drinking, not stopped  :P  And he also expects to mature as little as possible, because everyone already says he's an "old man."   :P  Case in point:  he takes banjo lessons, he drives a Lincoln Continental with hands usually found at the 10 and 2 position on the wheel, he takes frequent naps, he wears slippers a lot...umm, I think that's it.  He also enjoys the shallow end of the pool, mostly because he cannot swim too well.

He also expects to stop talking about himself in the 3rd person immediately following this post  ;)
We could.

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 31, 2012, 10:16 AM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 30, 2012, 05:19 PM
"my wife" - listen to you, Hawkeye!    ;) :thumbsup:  Good on ya.

yeah..hawkeye's married and expecting a baby hawkeye..meg's expecting a baby bean...Ghosts and Hawkeye stopped drinking..*sigh* everyone's moving on and maturing (but me) ....WHAT GIVES??!  ;)

AHEM.  :bath:

(somebody tell me what that goddamn bathtub means, if it's not the obvious up-and-down motion)
I  have yet to figure that one out, Crispy. Maybe you need to cool off? Or your all wet?

Penny, there's no need to mature. It's more fun staying young. That may be why I've kept the sense of humor of a six grade boy.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Hawkeye on Jan 31, 2012, 11:34 AM
Hey, Hawkeye has "cut back" on his drinking, not stopped  :P  And he also expects to mature as little as possible, because everyone already says he's an "old man."   :P  Case in point:  he takes banjo lessons, he drives a Lincoln Continental with hands usually found at the 10 and 2 position on the wheel, he takes frequent naps, he wears slippers a lot...umm, I think that's it.  He also enjoys the shallow end of the pool, mostly because he cannot swim too well.

He also expects to stop talking about himself in the 3rd person immediately following this post  ;)

you remind me of Fred...do you own a junkyard and have a thing against Puerto Ricans, too?

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Hawkeye

My wife may say I own a junkyard  ::)  She thinks I have hoarding "tendencies" and I am in fact mildly obsessed with the show Hoarders.

But Puerto Ricans, nah, they're ok.  I dig their natural Latin fieryness, yet they can also be very laid back, possibly due to being stoned all the time.  hell, what do I know I'm from Iowa.  But the school I went to did have a large PR population...I guess they recruited heavily there for the baseball team.  The baseball players were some of the best "cheerleaders" for the basketball team...they would bring their hand drums to the game and get the crowd all rowdy.   :thumbsup:
We could.

iLikeBeer

It is February 1st and it is in the mid-50's (which feels like 70) in NE Ohio!  Getting ready to take the dogs for a walk in freaking shorts!   :thumbsup:  This has been a bizarre winter to say the least but I'm certainly not complaining! 

MarkW

Congrats on The Bean, Meg.  It's honestly the best interwebs news I've had in, like, forever.   You deserve all the best.  :D
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

megalicious

Thank you, Mark!
:))
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

lucylew

Less than one week til Hawaii - then 8 days of nothing but toes in the sand with umbrella drink in hand!  I'll be doing a countdown in my head for the rest of the week.

ALady

So I'm hosting a party at the end of the month (FISH TACO FEBRUARY!).  We're going to grill and watch Mexican go-go movies and hula hoop and drink lots of nerdy beer and homemade pineapple infused vodka.  BUT I just found out we're going to have a little person burlesque performer do an act in which she emerges from a taco.

I am so fucking excited :)

Fully

Quote from: ALady on Feb 11, 2012, 05:26 PM
So I'm hosting a party at the end of the month (FISH TACO FEBRUARY!).  We're going to grill and watch Mexican go-go movies and hula hoop and drink lots of nerdy beer and homemade pineapple infused vodka.  BUT I just found out we're going to have a little person burlesque performer do an act in which she emerges from a taco.

I can see why! It sounds like the best party ever.

ALady

You're all invited.

Jon T.

I think the word epic is wayyy overused, but I do believe this party warrants such a word.

bluesky

Quote from: ALady on Feb 11, 2012, 07:05 PM
You're all invited.

man, what's the date? I will be so close...

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

Quote from: bluesky on Feb 11, 2012, 09:04 PM
You're all invited.

The 25th.  Oh Val, I would LOVE if you could come!   :D :D :D

I should clarify that we're actually serving fish tacos.

mjk73

Damn, too bad this isn't happening in April.

bluesky

Quote from: ALady on Feb 12, 2012, 10:35 AM
Quote from: bluesky on Feb 11, 2012, 09:04 PM
You're all invited.

The 25th.  Oh Val, I would LOVE if you could come!   :D :D :D

I should clarify that we're actually serving fish tacos.

bummer my one night only is in Aurora on the  4th. Next time i will try to do an over nighter in the city and then get you to come up to Michigan for camping!!! I love fish tacos!!!!

ALady

Gah, yes!  I would love to do some camping.  Have been checking out Sleeping Bear Dunes lately...