Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 28, 2012, 03:17 AM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Jan 28, 2012, 02:48 AM
I'm on an indefinite hiatus from drinking. Not sure this is currantly a joy, but I think it'll do me some good. Lately (hell, who am I kidding, the last few years) my life feels like a big blur of work and being shitface wasted. I can barely tell when a week starts and ends anymore. The way my work schedule is set up, its like I have 2 weekends even though its full time. It's getting so tedious that I just can't deal with it anymore.  It's also getting me nowhere. Having just turned 30, I think its natural to question where you are in you're life, but I have some things I'm sure I need to do. And none of them will get done if I'm hammered all the time. I'm not trying to "get on the wagon" or anything, but for now I'm just not going to drink at all, help me break the cycle. I have no doubt about doing it, and I don't think i have a hardcore problem with alcohol, its just what people do here (seriously, the WB/Scranton area is the forth largest binge drinking city in America). I guess I put it here because I think if you make positive changes, good things will come.

Sounds like a good plan, Ghosts. Good luck to you!

My congratulations as well. When you work all week, the weekend and other time off is too valuable to waste.

johnnYYac

Good for you, Ghosts.  You'll feel better and save $$$.
Good luck!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mjk73

Good luck Dave. You will feel better and save $$.

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

johnnYYac

is there an echo in here?  ;)

mjk73

Well, he will feel better and save money. What more can be said.  ;D

johnnYYac

Quote from: mjk73 on Jan 28, 2012, 02:52 PM
I guess the only question is how many $'s he will save...  ;D ;D or  ;D ;D ;D

mjk73

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 28, 2012, 03:04 PM
Quote from: mjk73 on Jan 28, 2012, 02:52 PM
I guess the only question is how many $'s he will save...  ;D ;D or  ;D ;D ;D
Good point. Young Dave needs to keep a tally. It also depends on his taste. Is he a cheapie drinking Stag beer since a 6er of tall boys is like $2 or does he have a more sophisticated pallete and spends $20 a bottle like some of us.

Ghosts_on_TV

Oh I can easily drop a bill on a night at the bar.

ericm

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Jan 28, 2012, 03:33 PM
Oh I can easily drop a bill on a night at the bar.

Yeah but what kind of bill we talking here? A Hamilton or Benjamin?  ;)

Just bustin'.   ;) Good job Dave.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Keep it up. I'm pulling for ya.
"Where's Jim going?"

Ghosts_on_TV

I don't plan on never drinking again, I just need to break this cycle of just going to work, and then out boozing whenever I'm not working. It's all everyone does around here. But for now I think I should just not drink at all. Find more productive ways to spend my time. So next time you see me at a show with a beer in my hand, don't think "looks like that didnt work out". Its just that in my day to day life, the whole "work, drink, work, drink" thing has gotten old. I need to stir the pot, bring some new experiences into my life. Play more guitar, exercise more, read more books....whatever really. I'm not 21 anymore. Hell, I'm not 20 anything anymore. I'm assuming the next time I have a drink at all will be when i go to sleep no more on Febuary 25th. My tolerance will be so down by then, ill really have to watch i don't get hammered.  ;D

ALady

More power to ya, man :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

megalicious

MY BABY IS OK!

We had the hormone levels checked, and baby bean is growing just fine. Looks like I'll be popping a kiddo out around September 25th.

I have never been so happy. I literally hugged the doctor when he gave us the news. Thank you for all the love you sent our way. Y'all are the best.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

mahg33ta

Quote from: megalicious on Jan 28, 2012, 07:10 PM
MY BABY IS OK!

We had the hormone levels checked, and baby bean is growing just fine. Looks like I'll be popping a kiddo out around September 25th.

I have never been so happy. I literally hugged the doctor when he gave us the news. Thank you for all the love you sent our way. Y'all are the best.

FANTASTIC!!!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lucylew

Meg that is awesome!!!   Blessings to you!

StaggerLee

Quote from: megalicious on Jan 28, 2012, 07:10 PM
MY BABY IS OK!

Great news!  Grats!!!
Flip Flip Flipadelphia

johnnYYac

Glad you're doing well, Meg.  :)

Hawkeye

Dave, I'm doing the "less drinking" thing too.  Pretty much in the same boat you're in, as far as being in the drinking rut/wanting something new/different.  Plus, my wife said she'd appreciate it if I quit or cut back while she's pregnant.  I didn't have a drop for 9 days after our wedding, but have drank a few times since.  I'm not really liking drinking at the moment, at least not more than a few.  My tolerance is definitely down!
We could.

ALady

"my wife" - listen to you, Hawkeye!    ;) :thumbsup:  Good on ya.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

Quote from: ALady on Jan 30, 2012, 05:19 PM
"my wife" - listen to you, Hawkeye!    ;) :thumbsup:  Good on ya.

yeah..hawkeye's married and expecting a baby hawkeye..meg's expecting a baby bean...Ghosts and Hawkeye stopped drinking..*sigh* everyone's moving on and maturing (but me) ....WHAT GIVES??!  ;)

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill