Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Trish, it looked like it was from a movie. I wonder what movie it was? At first I thought the video had captions underneath it. It said, "Is he cheating?" Then I realized that it was an advertisement. I have to admit that the idea that those people had a dramatic storyline made me want to see whatever movie that was from, although perhaps it doesn't have the storyline I thought it did.

I felt kind of stupid after I realized it was an ad :embarassed: ;D

tdb810

Quote from: Fully on Mar 05, 2012, 09:07 PM
Trish, it looked like it was from a movie. I wonder what movie it was? At first I thought the video had captions underneath it. It said, "Is he cheating?" Then I realized that it was an advertisement. I have to admit that the idea that those people had a dramatic storyline made me want to see whatever movie that was from, although perhaps it doesn't have the storyline I thought it did.

I felt kind of stupid after I realized it was an ad :embarassed: ;D
Oh man....to think we have spent so much time today on Paula Abdul is kind of a joy  :thumbsup:
.....Back at the Model Home

megalicious

Yesterday was shitty. I had to go to the hospital due to some pregnancy complications. It was terrifying, but I am pleased to report that the bb and I are just fine.

I had another ultrasound yesterday, and it was one of the happiest moments of my life. I saw my little, 11-week-old baby kicking and squirming. I saw my baby's tiny arms and legs flail about; the ultrasound tech said it was hard to get an accurate number for the heart rate, as baby apparently had the hiccoughs. I wish I could describe to you how I felt when I first heard that heartbeat...

(Obviously) I've known that I am pregnant for a while, but in that moment yesterday, it became so real to me. I didn't know it was possible to love so much.

And, in other bb news, I have been losing way too much weight. My doctor told me I can eat whatever I want. That's a diet to which I can adhere!
:birthdays: :dankk2: :birthdays:
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

woodnymph

OH MEG CONGRATS THAT ALL IS WELL!!!  I can only imagine........... how beautiful!!  What blessings it all is!!  I'm glad you and the little one are A-OK!   Life is such a miracle!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And I'm just thrilled beyond thrilled to have a weekend off after tomorrow (a whole weekend!)  and to see temps in the 70s alllll next week almost brings a tear to my eye  :)  (of joy... a joyous tear)  Flowers blooming everywhere... full moon.... Asheville & her mountains in Spring glory....  and I just found out one of my best friends since 7th grade is getting married this summer!  (One down off the old 'never-getting-married' troupe  :-X)  Hahah but she's thrilled, and they're having a pretty unconventional wedding, which is sweet-- and renting a lodge on a lake for a few days to party down in July!!

Great things, great things..... :-D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Fully

There were so  many possible places I could have posted this, but it brings me so much joy that I decided this must be the place. Please watch the entire thing.

Cat Slap Joy Division

ALady

Fully?

I love you.

:-*
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjk73

A friend of mine posted this the other day on Facebook. My only response...This is what the internet was invented for.

mjk73

So a few weeks ago straightline winds destroyed our pergola that we had Chinese Wisteria growing over it. The last few years it's been so gorgeous when it blooms that people actually stop. We actually had a lady stop today and beg that we not cut it down to fix the pergola. Well, this is what I did today with my wife and FIL. Wisteria is pretty hard to kill and we built this new one in such a way that we didn't have to cut any of the wisteria. This damn this is massive.

Fully

Quote from: mjk73 on Mar 10, 2012, 06:43 PM
So a few weeks ago straightline winds destroyed our pergola that we had Chinese Wisteria growing over it. The last few years it's been so gorgeous when it blooms that people actually stop. We actually had a lady stop today and beg that we not cut it down to fix the pergola. Well, this is what I did today with my wife and FIL. Wisteria is pretty hard to kill and we built this new one in such a way that we didn't have to cut any of the wisteria. This damn this is massive.

It looks like you had a very productive day. Please post a picture when it blooms. I'd love to see what it looks like then. My mother-in-law is named Wista, for what it's worth.

mjk73

Quote from: Fully on Mar 10, 2012, 06:51 PM
It looks like you had a very productive day. Please post a picture when it blooms. I'd love to see what it looks like then. My mother-in-law is named Wista, for what it's worth.
From past years

bluesky

Quote from: mjk73 on Mar 11, 2012, 12:41 PM
Quote from: Fully on Mar 10, 2012, 06:51 PM
From past years

Must smell really nice under that arbor! Nice red bud too!

mjk73

Good eye bluesky!! Yeah, we have several redbuds too. The whole patio is surrounded by grapevines also. It smells unbelievable until about June when the flowering stops. A lot of times I just sit out there and breath in the sweet smell. Who needs drugs to calm down, just sit on my patio.

Fully

Quote from: mjk73 on Mar 11, 2012, 03:27 PM
Good eye bluesky!! Yeah, we have several redbuds too. The whole patio is surrounded by grapevines also. It smells unbelievable until about June when the flowering stops. A lot of times I just sit out there and breath in the sweet smell. Who needs drugs to calm down, just sit on my patio.

I read that as Goodbye, blue sky at first ;D . Redbuds are my favorite tree. Does the wisteria attract lots of butterflies? It looks glorious. How long does it bloom? I don't think I would spend any free time inside when it was bloomin' if I had such a sight in my yard. It's just beautiful.

mjk73

Quote from: Fully on Mar 11, 2012, 03:44 PM
Quote from: mjk73 on Mar 11, 2012, 03:27 PM

I read that as Goodbye, blue sky at first ;D . Redbuds are my favorite tree. Does the wisteria attract lots of butterflies? It looks glorious. How long does it bloom? I don't think I would spend any free time inside when it was bloomin' if I had such a sight in my yard. It's just beautiful.
Blooms for a couple weeks. Then it turns into an evil plant that tries to take over. The redbud in that pic was dying when we moved in because the previous owners let the wisteria take over. This is what the area looks like when it's done blooming (and I've cleaned up the mess from the petals).

dragonboy

Getting a package of coffee, candies, chocolates & other goodies (moon pie?!) from MJ, my brother-from-another-mother across the pond!  :thumbsup:
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjk73

I couldn't resist the moon pie.

mjk73

80 degrees in March. sigh

:bath:

Ruckus

About 4 years late to the party but so far the new CoS app is pretty slick.  Anyone else d/l it yet?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Oh shoot...Mike.  your purple pagoda is awesome :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

megalicious

Quote from: mjk73 on Mar 13, 2012, 09:19 AM
80 degrees in March. sigh

:bath:

it is crazy warm down in alabama, too. i am dreading this summer. it's going to be soooo gd hot, and i am going to be super preggo and miserable. and my power bill is going to cost a shitload of money.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard