Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesky

saw venus too!!! :)

Jon T.

Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 27, 2012, 12:02 AM
WHAT A GORGEOUS NIGHT!!!  And what a gorgeous night skyyyyyy!!

The spiral light of Venus, rising first and shining best....... for the brand new crescent moon.........  aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

:thumbsup:
I just purchased the "Nights Sky" app two nights ago.  This thing is so neat.  It's going to kick my geekdom into overdrive!

woodnymph

Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 27, 2012, 08:37 AM
I just purchased the "Nights Sky" app two nights ago.  This thing is so neat.  It's going to kick my geekdom into overdrive!

Woohoo!!  That would be a great app!!!   :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 27, 2012, 08:37 AM

Woohoo!!  That would be a great app!!!   :D
I have Night Sky, but also use Star Walk, which I like more.

http://vitotechnology.com/star-walk.html 

Star Walk tutorial

The Night Sky does have satellite info, which is very cool, but is just not as visually striking.

http://www.icandiapps.com/iCandi_Apps_LLP/The_Night_Sky.html

The Night Sky
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

woodnymph

Quote from: bluesky on Mar 27, 2012, 12:43 AM
saw venus too!!! :)

:-* Glad you saw it too!!  Miss you Val!  Hope you're super great and enjoying Spring!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Taterbug

Mega Millions Lottery tickets are bought.  We pooled our money at work and got a shit load of tickets.  I'm not a very lucky person when it comes to gambling so I think I'm overdue.  How things in my life would change  if I won a portion  $ 540,000,000. 

1. Hygiene would no longer be a priority.

2. Stay at my job and be a complete douche to my bosses until  they fired me. Yes I would collect un-employment.  Who can turn down the government cheese.

3. Use my 1994 Honda Accord with 168,000 miles as target practice.

4.  Buy Will Smiths Motor Coach  and invite my forum peeps to join me on tour with my favorite band.

5. Buy 2 homes in S. Carolina, A log cabin in the mountains and a Beach House in Myrtle Beach.  For my wife to be near her family.

6. Send my daughter to the finest schools.

Money might not be able to buy happiness but it sure would decrease the amount of arguments I have with my wife. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

e_wind

Damn how thoughtful of you to put us before your daughters education  :)

Also, speaking of rich people and government cheese, have you ever seen the clip of Ol Dirty Bastard showing up in a limo and a suit to collect his welfare check? Priceless.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Taterbug

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 30, 2012, 11:09 AM
Damn how thoughtful of you to put us before your daughters education  :)

Also, speaking of rich people and government cheese, have you ever seen the clip of Ol Dirty Bastard showing up in a limo and a suit to collect his welfare check? Priceless.

I have seen it.  He gots Muchos huevos grandes.  I think I could top that.  I would show up in a Brinks truck.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

mjk73

It's 90fuckingdegrees at my house, on April 1. This is NOT a joke. It is so amazing out. I want to lay in the yard and make grass angels

Fully

Quote from: mjk73 on Apr 01, 2012, 05:18 PM
It's 90fuckingdegrees at my house, on April 1. This is NOT a joke. It is so amazing out. I want to lay in the yard and make grass angels

I know. It's so nice. I've been out in it all day. Very, very relaxed now.

blucas

I'm at a Spring Training game (Cubs), but better yet, I'm NOT at work!
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Fully

Quote from: blucas on Apr 03, 2012, 04:56 PM
I'm at a Spring Training game (Cubs), but better yet, I'm NOT at work!

Lucky, lucky you! I'm so jealous. Have a great time! 8)

I just found this Big Freedia booty wop game that is  making me happy. (It's all about dat azz!) [url=http://bigfreedia.com/bootybattle/]http://bigfreedia.com/bootybattle/[/url]

Fully

I was having a pretty shitty day for several reasons. Then when I get home, I check the mail and I have a dvd waiting for me from our dear JohnnYYac! You are a true joy to this forum YacAttack! Thank you for being such a jewel. :thumbsup:

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Apr 05, 2012, 06:02 PM
I was having a pretty shitty day for several reasons. Then when I get home, I check the mail and I have a dvd waiting for me from our dear JohnnYYac! You are a true joy to this forum YacAttack! Thank you for being such a jewel. :thumbsup:

That's our Johnny!!  8)

Definitely a gem of a guy.    :thumbsup:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Quote from: ericm on Apr 05, 2012, 07:20 PM
Quote from: Fully on Apr 05, 2012, 06:02 PM

That's our Johnny!!  8)

Definitely a gem of a guy.    :thumbsup:  :beer:

I agree 100%.   Mr. Yac is as kind and generous as they come.  If he wasn't so tall, He would be perfetc!  ;)
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Thanks for the kind words.  I believe in the golden rule (I experience a high rate of return), I love the band, and it seems to inform the way I operate.  You guys make it easy to want to share and invest in this place.  Good people, great friends, a common love of the best band currently makin' the circuit.  I CANNOT wait for July!!!  I will see damn near all of you then and we will have a blast! 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

megalicious

I scheduled an appointment for the big "gender reveal" ultrasound on May 11th.

I am going to KY that weekend, too-- my little sis is graduating from WKU. I am excited for that and to eat at my favorite KY restaurants. I plan on coming home with several cases of Ale81.

Baby daddy got a badass new job. He's doing IT support for this company that makes the interiors of Mercedes. Better pay and better insurance mean we can afford the baby!
;D

I am 28 today. I am currently eating a huge lemon cookie.
:coffee:
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Penny Lane

Spent an awesome weekend down in Birmingham. Thanks to Seth (Scosby) for showing me around and JP (EasyRyder) made it out to the Truckers show. While in line, we met a bunch of excited Roll Call members pumped for Forecastle (one of which is a member here, Sonvolt-he doesn't post much). We spent hours talking about Jim and New Multitudes and would they or wouldn't they play Forecastle and Newport FF. Very good times --hanging with music friends in a new city. If you're ever in Birmingham, check out THE FISH MARKET---a block from the venue (WorkPlay) and seafood is terrific.

time to re-group, get to see BRUCE tonight with Headhunter and ericm!!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

I had the best 3 day weekend that I can remember.  My older brother and his family came over from Luxembourg.  My little brother just finished four years of teaching English in Seoul and came home.  It was the 1st time that our entire family, my sister in law, niece, nephew and my girlfriend were all together in 6 years.  The best part was my 9 year old niece discover my turntable while I was spinning Be The Void while cooking.  She had no idea what it was as a girl that grew up on ipods and ipads.  It was a pure joy to watch my older brother explain to her what it did and how it works.  I let her flip the record and restart it. :)

Bubba Watson
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 10, 2012, 08:47 AM
I had the best 3 day weekend that I can remember.  My older brother and his family came over from Luxembourg.  My little brother just finished four years of teaching English in Seoul and came home.  It was the 1st time that our entire family, my sister in law, niece, nephew and my girlfriend were all together in 6 years.  The best part was my 9 year old niece discover my turntable while I was spinning Be The Void while cooking.  She had no idea what it was as a girl that grew up on ipods and ipads.  It was a pure joy to watch my older brother explain to her what it did and how it works.  I let her flip the record and restart it. :)

Bubba Watson

Sounds great Ruckus!  Love that story about your niece and the turntable!   :)

And agreed on Bubba Watson!   :thumbsup: