Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Apr 10, 2012, 11:09 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 10, 2012, 08:47 AM
I had the best 3 day weekend that I can remember.  My older brother and his family came over from Luxembourg.  My little brother just finished four years of teaching English in Seoul and came home.  It was the 1st time that our entire family, my sister in law, niece, nephew and my girlfriend were all together in 6 years.  The best part was my 9 year old niece discover my turntable while I was spinning Be The Void while cooking.  She had no idea what it was as a girl that grew up on ipods and ipads.  It was a pure joy to watch my older brother explain to her what it did and how it works.  I let her flip the record and restart it. :)

Bubba Watson

Sounds great Ruckus!  Love that story about your niece and the turntable!   :)

And agreed on Bubba Watson!   :thumbsup:
hey thanks ILB!

I love Sunday grand slam golf.  Was rooting for Phil but after the debacle on 4 it was tough.  Birdies on 13-16 then the great hook from the straw with the wedge.  Awesome to watch Bubba turn that top hand over to get that turn and spin.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

I had the best 3 day weekend that I can remember.  My older brother and his family came over from Luxembourg.  My little brother just finished four years of teaching English in Seoul and came home.  It was the 1st time that our entire family, my sister in law, niece, nephew and my girlfriend were all together in 6 years.  The best part was my 9 year old niece discover my turntable while I was spinning Be The Void while cooking.  She had no idea what it was as a girl that grew up on ipods and ipads.  It was a pure joy to watch my older brother explain to her what it did and how it works.  I let her flip the record and restart it. :)

Bubba Watson

This is adorbz.  So happy you guys had a good weekend, I know how much you were looking forward to it!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Jon T.

Bubba Watson

Good to hear, Rob!  There is nothing like quality family time. 

Bubba f'in Watson.  Hometown boy.  The amount of athletes that come from this area is pretty amazing.

BH

Awesome story Rob.   Love those special moments.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

e_wind

Happ about things to come: (in chronological order) Record Store Day, 2 weeks left this semester, Jazz Fest, a month in Central America, finally buying a puppy and naming him Eddie Vedder, being assigned my "Little Brother" from the Big Bro/Big Sister program (and mine is going to be a kid who barely speaks english, i help hin, he helps me with spanish) Roger Waters, another Radiohead show, my first proper Wilco Show, Forecastle, All Good Festival, family vacation (the one time a year that my whole immediate family is together), LouFest, quit job for a semester with 18hours and an internship, Starry Nights Festival.

Man, now Til September are gonna be eventful months!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mjk73

Spent $320 this AM to go run a lot with a Mouse, a Duck, a Goofy dog, some effing chipmunks, and a whole lot of Princesses. Now time to get busy

peafunk31

Sounds like a great time, Rob! Glad you got some quality fam time :thumbsup:
Homer no function beer well without.

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 10, 2012, 12:37 PM
Happ about things to come: (in chronological order) Record Store Day, 2 weeks left this semester, Jazz Fest, a month in Central America, finally buying a puppy and naming him Eddie Vedder, being assigned my "Little Brother" from the Big Bro/Big Sister program (and mine is going to be a kid who barely speaks english, i help hin, he helps me with spanish) Roger Waters, another Radiohead show, my first proper Wilco Show, Forecastle, All Good Festival, family vacation (the one time a year that my whole immediate family is together), LouFest, quit job for a semester with 18hours and an internship, Starry Nights Festival.

Except for the dog and the lil brother, I'd love to trade places with you until Sept. Although, I think you will get a great deal out of the little brother, perhaps as much as he will. We adopted a daughter from foster care about two years ago. While it can be a challenge, it is also fulfilling knowing that we are giving this child a better life than what she was facing. However, sometimes I have to remind myself not to get discouraged.

lucylew

Bubba Watson

Wow, that sounds like a spectacular weekend!   :thumbsup:

lucylew

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 10, 2012, 12:37 PM

Nice!  One of my Lhasa Apsos is named Teddy.  We call her Teddy Vedder!

I have concert envy.   :beer:

Fully

For Ruckus and every other Bubba Watson fan out there:

Golf Boys - Oh Oh Oh (Official Video)

Ruckus

Quote from: Fully on Apr 10, 2012, 10:47 PM

This is great!  Thanks Fully.  I'm not a fan of Ricky Fowler but the rest are classic.  I'm stealing this one.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ophidiophobia

It's nice to see a Mahan and Fowler, a couple of OSU guys, in the video. There are a lot of young guns on the tour now.

Jon T.

That. Is. Glorious.

Jon T.

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 10, 2012, 11:22 PM

I'm not a fan of Ricky Fowler but the rest are classic. 

What???  Is it his dapperness or general whiteness that makes you uncomfortable?   ;D

I used to be pretty indifferent about him.  My cousin has played with him and done a commercial with him and he says he a pretty good dude.  Plus, he was one of the first ones out there to congratulate Bubba.  I always like to see that, regardless of who wins.

Jon T.

The Duke.. The Father

I posted about this guy a while back.  A Gulf Coast legend that passed away recently.  Great surf footage, and Pensacola Beach footage.

dork alert - If you've been in this area and needed beach supplies, you've probably been to his store - Innerlight Surf Shop.  I have a few Innerlight stickers that I was going to send to Jim after hearing "First Light" (my own innerlight).  Anyway, I never got around to sending them, so if for some reason anyone would like one, let me know.

woodnymph

Wow Jon, that's some video!!  Almost teared up a few times there.. I wish I would've seen that shop!  I love the retro font on the surf board for the shops sign  8)  I do remember you posting something about him awhile back.

Coincidentally, I was coming in here to post about a retreat in Hawaii that I'm considering going to this December.... if the stars align.  I've been opting out of show after show and started a savings account and have big dreams to make it to Hawaii this year. (or, well, soon.) And this retreat just happens to be with one of my biggest spiritual influences, Ram Dass; and it's right before the big date 12-21-12.  Making me want to be out there in early December for the retreat and stay out there until the 23rd or so.... we'll see!  Two stars have been aligning so far......... I know wherever I'm meant to Be, I'll Be

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Well, its been about 5 months since Stormie used up her 9th life, so today Michele brings home our newest family member, an 11-week old female kitten.  I've no idea what it looks like, but hope to post an impossibly cute photo soon.  I enjoyed the months not dealing with food and litter box, but think the presence of new life in our home will bring joy to our little clan.

Meow.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 13, 2012, 11:09 AM
Well, its been about 5 months since Stormie used up her 9th life, so today Michele brings home our newest family member, an 11-week old female kitten.  I've no idea what it looks like, but hope to post an impossibly cute photo soon.  I enjoyed the months not dealing with food and litter box, but think the presence of new life in our home will bring joy to our little clan.

Meow.
Hurray for kittens. I have a darling Maine Coon/Tabby kitten named Tallulah.

My current joy is that I figured out how to keep Dr. Marten boot season from ending with spring. Just got these today. I love them so much!

We understand it's the '90s.

capt. scotty

Whoa...I go on like a 5 month hiatus and there is a little peafunkster coming soon, Hawkeye is getting hitched and also has a little poop machine on the way, and Meg is pregalicious!! Congrats to you all!!  :D  :beer:

Um, well I guess I havent had any revelations while Ive been gone but my hair has grown longer somehow, I started working out again but still havent succumbed to my hatred for cardio, and for all I know there could be 3 little capt.'s on the way, one would be half black, but I havent heard anything so Im probably in the clear, right?  :-X
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons