Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vespachick

Quoteandrew, brits have quite a rep for texting!

;D ;D ;D
I smell a good one: do tell, rats...
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

ratsprayer

Quoteandrew, brits have quite a rep for texting!

;D ;D ;D
I smell a good one: do tell, rats...

it was a job i used to do, in "another" life, so to speak.

dragonboy

Actually my family do text a lot. To one another, not to the kind of people/place you used to work for. But they do text a lot, I'll give you that.
Still not sure about being a nation of unwashed stinkys though!  ;)
Doc? Mark? Do you shower much?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

vespachick

Quoteit was a job i used to do, in "another" life, so to speak.

????
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

dragonboy

HAHA!  ;D
*sings Everybody's Talking in his head*
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

It was still quite warm when i there late Sept last year but it can be pretty cold. I went to see the Jacket on the 22nd in just a T-shirt.
Vacation?
Oh, I like the sounds of that.  

I'm planning on doing a 'working vacation'.  There's this wonderful program here in Canada called SWAP which will arrange for travel, help you settle in when you arrive, and supply you with job and accommodation resources.  It's pretty much definite that this is what I'm going to do.

I've always wanted to go there and this way I can stay longer (at least 3 months) and not have to save up an obscene amount of money.

dragonboy

Sounds great! Any idea where in the UK you'll stay?

red

QuoteSounds great! Any idea where in the UK you'll stay?
Well you arrive in London and then thats where the orientation is.  I'd like to spend a while there, and go from there.  Any recommendations?  I'm also looking to head to Wales as I've got a few relatives there.

dragonboy

QuoteSounds great! Any idea where in the UK you'll stay?
Well you arrive in London and then thats where the orientation is.  I'd like to spend a while there, and go from there.  Any recommendations?  I'm also looking to head to Wales as I've got a few relatives there.
I've been away from the UK for more than 8 years now & I didn't travel much when I lived there so I'm reluctant to make any recommendations.
London is obviously lots of fun but it is very expensive. The Lake District is very beautiful as is The New Forest. Oxford is a nice city, so are Bath & Winchester. I love English coastal towns/cities - Bournemouth & Brighton are both nice. Dorsert has some lovely countryside, Devon & Cornwall too. I don't know much about the North of England. Wales has some beautiful countryside, don't know about it's cities. I would definitely try to get up to Scotland too, the geography is very different & Edinburgh is a lovely city.

dragonboy

Finally getting an internet DVD rental/delivery company here in Japan!  :)

red

I'm definitely planning on Edinburgh as well.  We shall see what else happens.  

Current Joy: Guess who got a Nintendo Wii today and has been playing Donkey Kong 64 all night!  This thing is amazing.

.Walt

i just got done with booking my flight, i'm going to Springfield MO. i'll get to see my brother, and be able to drink my favorite beer the world, Fat Tire.

then we're going to Kansas City to see the Twins play the Royals.(hopefully more than one game) but when you're in KC you have to go to a bbq place. last time we went to Arthur Bryant's when we went to the Chiefs game, but this time i'm not sure where we're going. suggestion?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

BH

Arthur Bryant's is the one everybody always brings up.  

Gate's is also very good.

http://www.gatesbbq.com/

As a general rule, stay away from the chains.  The crappier the place looks, and the ruder the employees, the better the bar b q.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

.Walt

QuoteArthur Bryant's is the one everybody always brings up.  

Gate's is also very good.

http://www.gatesbbq.com/

As a general rule, stay away from the chains.  The crappier the place looks, and the ruder the employees, the better the bar b q.

i'll look into that thanks.  i don't want a white person to handle my bbq....sorry white people.

red

This afternoon has been great.  The boss left at one, and I've done next to nothing since.  And it's really nice outside.  And I seen two cute girls when I went to the bank.

8-)

.Walt

damn it red, you left out the beer run, being on the internet all day, and talking to buddies on the phone.
while getting payed

red

Shit.  I got lazy and copied what I wrote in the other thread.

New additions:
Beer run, interweb time-wasting and talking to pals on the phone all while at work.  Better?

.Walt

much better.  :D

A_delle

Doing this in an hour, after procrastinating TOO long!

a shrine, of sorts... is suppose.

the story behind it:
We got the pictures on the right in the mail recently from Sam Erikson, the director of Okonokos. Apparently he came across these while doing something, had seen our postings on the forums, and he contacted Zman. Voila, they arrived!
The poster on the left is from NYE 2006.
-i got a fever,
and the only prescription
is more cowbell!

.Walt