Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMillionDreams

Congrats, Woodnymph!  Sounds like an awesome program.  Asheville in a great place to be.

My current joy, my students got me a Flip camera for xmas!  I came really close to buying one for myself but I'm glad I didn't.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

megalicious

I'm a finalist for a pretty sweet national award.
I kicked influenza's ass and I finally got my voice back!
I got an android phone, and it is the shit.
I got a raise.
I am going to a monster truck rally this weekend--seriously.
:D
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

megalicious

also: this exists, and it is glorious.
http://www.jamesvandermemes.com/
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

woodnymph

Sweet news, Meg!!! What national award?!?  That sounds big!!

Penny thank ya much! And when are you pullin' through Asheville!! I'll be there March-June!  :o :o

And thanks aMD, I'm stoked beyond stoked to dig into some earth and plants and nature!!! All my friends say it's a place I should be........ And geez congrats on scoring the Flip camera!! What awesome students!!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Crispy

Hooray Meg! Whoop like you mean it at them monster trucks.

My current joy is wearing my newly refurbished grandma-knitted stocking cap (ex-gf's grandma, but a grandmother nonetheless). It was thoughtfully, kindly, and swiftly repaired and be-tasseled by our own fantastic (and newly crutchless) ms yvon, who completely rocks like no other. Thanks, ms y!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ALady

Awww!  That makes my heart smile.  Three cheers for yvon!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

kydiddle

We have a lot of goodness going around this board. Way to go meg and woodnymph.  :)

Way to fix the toboggan ms y. :)

My current joy is that it's Farm Show week here in Central PA. It's a HUGE expo for state farmers, but everyone goes for the food. Deep fried vegetables, potato donuts, milkshakes, honey waffles, pulled pork sandwiches, apple dumplings, maple sundaes. Mmmm. Nom.
Cow temperature.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 08, 2011, 11:28 AM
It was thoughtfully, kindly, and swiftly repaired and be-tasseled by our own fantastic (and newly crutchless) ms yvon, who completely rocks like no other. Thanks, ms y!

Wait - so ms. Y had crutches for like 2 months then?? broken foot?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

touchingmept2

Got our first snow yesterdee. Next on the list is this pot of chili!
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

ALady

Good friends who really listen and give solid advice about your neuroses.   :)

tdb810

Quote from: ALady on Jan 10, 2011, 01:36 PM
Good friends who really listen and give solid advice about your neuroses.   :)

They are the best!  I am blessed with a few of those friends, and I swear they make it all better......and if they are really good, they even manage to make me laugh about my neuroses. 
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

I got a PM recently where someone asked me how my Mom was doing.  I figure it was time for an update.

I'd posted a while back that she'd been diagnosed with breast cancer.  I cancelled my trip to see MMJ in Holyoke due to her surgery. 

We're good with beating the odds, as my Dad has survived a form of pancreatic cancer with about 2% survival rate after 5 years (he's been deemed cancer-free and was first diagnosed about 7 years ago).

Well, after the  surgery and some genetic testing, my Mom avoided chemo and, while still smarting from the radiation, she's pretty much cancer-free!  Docs say, statistically, there's a 6% chance of recurrence, but it looks good! 

Thanks for all of the kind words.  I told her about you guys and she appreciates it, too.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ALady

That's fantastic news!

Crispy

Great to hear that, Johnny!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Penny Lane

Cancer free---woo hoo!!! Thanks for the update  :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

BH

Woo Hooo!   Great news JY!   :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TheBigChicken

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;Dgreat news Johnny !!!!!!!!
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Ghosts_on_TV

Awesome news Johnny!
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...