Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: capt. scotty on May 01, 2013, 05:14 PM
Dont ask me why a hospital will offer you a job and let you accept it before doing a background and reference check, but I found all that came back good today so its official!! I'll join Yac and Penny in the relocation crew, moving to Virginia Beach on friday!

Also got the Ben Harper show in DC tomorrow night! Havent seen him live in 5yrs, and the new album is his best in at least 15yrs, IMO. Cant wait.
Proud of you, Scotty!  Done with school, gettin' a real job, VA Beach sounds cool for a youngun such as yourself.  Best of luck, all us movers and shakers!

Side note:  I was looking to post a video of Movin' Away and came across this.  Check out the record label...
Kenny Lynch - movin away [HMV]
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

iLikeBeer

Wanted to add my best wishes to all the movers as well!  I hate moving.  My last move came pre-children and was just across town (had to get a bigger house when we found out we were doubling the size of our family  :cheesy:).  I can't imagine trying to move now with all of the things our children have accumulated to add to all of the things us adults have accumulated, let alone having to move halfway across the country.  Hats off to you John!   :beer:

Penny, what part of Ohio are you moving to?  If you happen to make it back to the thriving metropolis of Wooster ever, give me a shout out!   :beer:

vespachick

WALTERFREDO!!!!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drum: :bath:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Jeff Murray

Got a wave from Jack White as he was leaving Third Man Records in his Tesla... sweet car!  That was the biggest long shot of my things to do list while in Nashville!

Thanks to Tired Eyes for driving my butt around yesterday... it was a record geek fest as we hit United Records Pressing and Third Man Records... good day!
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

weeniebeenie

Heard Dondante on a news program today. Not sure if it's a current joy or just a current observation.
How loud can silence get?

tdb810

Quote from: weeniebeenie on May 07, 2013, 09:13 AM
Heard Dondante on a news program today. Not sure if it's a current joy or just a current observation.
WOW~~~that's very cool!!  What was the program?
.....Back at the Model Home

weeniebeenie

Quote from: tdb810 on May 07, 2013, 11:37 AM
It's called The Project, it's a nightly news show. They sometimes play The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, KOL etc. I never hear MMJ on TV or the radio so it was a nice surprise.
How loud can silence get?

tdb810

Quote from: weeniebeenie on May 08, 2013, 10:11 AM
Quote from: tdb810 on May 07, 2013, 11:37 AM
It's called The Project, it's a nightly news show. They sometimes play The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, KOL etc. I never hear MMJ on TV or the radio so it was a nice surprise.
lovely
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

from wifeYYac's Facebook page... Lauren is our 4 year old daughter; Matt is my wife's brother who has spina bifida.

"So...Lauren was looking at a picture of my whole family at our wedding, and she asked about Uncle Matt.

Lauren: Why is Uncle Matt in that wheelchair?
me: Because he can't walk. He was born that way.
Lauren: Mom, everyone is born that way."

:smiley:

Taterbug

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 20, 2013, 10:59 PM
from wifeYYac's Facebook page... Lauren is our 4 year old daughter; Matt is my wife's brother who has spina bifida.

"So...Lauren was looking at a picture of my whole family at our wedding, and she asked about Uncle Matt.

Lauren: Why is Uncle Matt in that wheelchair?
me: Because he can't walk. He was born that way.
Lauren: Mom, everyone is born that way."

:smiley:

You gotta love a childs brutal honesty.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

he.who.forgets

Only two short days until vacation! Flying into Boston then hitting up the Maine Coast.  Very excited :smiley:

johnnYYac

How long?  Jim plays Portland June 20.

he.who.forgets

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 09, 2013, 07:36 PM
How long?  Jim plays Portland June 20.
not long enough! :cry:
Just going for a week.  Got to be home by the 19th for work.  Poorly timed

johnnYYac

I actually cried tears of joy when I saw this email.   :smiley:

My wife's new employer, the Iowa State Hygienic Laboratory, just approved covering the full expense of our move from NH, requiring a second truck to shuttle everything to the street from our current house (see driveway picture below), packing included (gotta keep those MMJ posters safe!)...

$11,154.45

Praise be!

ericm

Good news John. :thumbsup: Great  to hear some things breaking your way. 

Looking forward to catching a show in the Midwest with ya sometime.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Quote from: ericm on Jul 01, 2013, 05:56 PM
Good news John. :thumbsup: Great  to hear some things breaking your way. 

Looking forward to catching a show in the Midwest with ya sometime.  :beer:
Absolutely!   :beer:

MrWhippy

Current joy is that in a two-day period in mid-November I will be seeing shows by Television and My Bloody Valentine.   :cheesy:
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Crispy

Quote from: MrWhippy on Sep 14, 2013, 04:50 PM
Current joy is that in a two-day period in mid-November I will be seeing shows by Television and My Bloody Valentine.   :cheesy:

That's a pretty good one.  :shocked:  My similar joy is that in October I will be seeing Patty Griffin with a front and center seat, and Wolf People the following two nights!

Here's my other current joy:

(clicky)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Sep 18, 2013, 01:10 PM
Quote from: MrWhippy on Sep 14, 2013, 04:50 PM

That's a pretty good one.  :shocked:  My similar joy is that in October I will be seeing Patty Griffin with a front and center seat, and Wolf People the following two nights!

Here's my other current joy:

(clicky)

My current joy is that one of those nights I will also be seeing Wolf People in addition to hanging out with excellent company.

MrWhippy

I got introduced to Wolf People when I was hanging out at Chez Ruckus before the Deer Tick show in Baltimore the other night.  Really great stuff, jealous you guys are getting to see them.

And Crispy, that's great about Patty Griffin.  I had a front row seat for her show here in June, and it was sublime. 

The truck, well, I think I need a ride in that bad boy to fully appreciate it. 
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.