Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadie Stark

Anybody see the fans take it in the face at the ballparks today on ESPN
ouch that will leave a mark :-[
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

capt. scotty

QuoteI know we won more WS way back in the Honus Wagner and Ralph Kiner days, just didnt realize they won that late in the 70's.

I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure Clemente was dead by 79 for awhile at that point, which is why I didnt think they won in the late 70's  :'(

Clemente WAS dead by 1979 but they had Parker,Easler,Stargell to name a couple...shit man how old are you 14....go to school

Not 14, but I wasnt alive then. I know they had good team's, im pretty sure those were the "We Are Family" days, I just didnt realize then won a WS or 2.

Baseball is like my 5th favorite sport, if that. Sorry if I dont have all my facts straight  :P
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

tough break ETB, losing in 14 and all. F the Yanks
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Vadie Stark

Quotetough break ETB, losing in 14 and all. F the Yanks
YEAH what you said.  Thanks for update. To tell the truth with all the fun in here and it's cooking hot and the AC went out. I spaced the game. Got the AC guy out ,that fixed.My son came by and helped me mow and spread bark dust and p/u yard waste. By help I meant he did all that. Then he helped eat some ribs watch Jim Rome and some of the Zohan, we had a smoke and he went to work.Baseball online later for me.

Vadie Stark

Cat's Win!!!!!Tonight!!!

Leontheslut

great..... Cole Hamels just got hit with a line drive in his pitching arm. He left the game.

It's official: The Phillies are now the NL's Texas Rangers.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

capt. scotty

Quotegreat..... Cole Hamels just got hit with a line drive in his pitching arm. He left the game.

my fantasy team is effed
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

Quotegreat..... Cole Hamels just got hit with a line drive in his pitching arm. He left the game.

my fantasy team is effed
it didn't sound good when it hit off him. I really hope it didn't fracture anything

capt. scotty

my fantasy team is effed
it didn't sound good when it hit off him. I really hope it didn't fracture anything

im glad this is my first year doing fantasy baseball, because thats the only way I can let myself off the hook for taking Hamels over Halladay.

otherwise id punch myself in my own face.

its like taking derek anderson over donovan mcnabb last year

aMillionDreams

My Reds are looking respectable.  We've started the year with a few tough road trips and found a way to win more than we've lost.  That's already more than we accomplished all last season.  I can't wait to get up there and see a game.  

Come on, WharfRat, let's find a day that works for both of us and get some seats.  Do you remember the days when you could by nose bleed seats for 4 bucks and then walk down to nearly the owner's box?  Those were the days!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

bowl of soup

QuoteMy Reds are looking respectable.  We've started the year with a few tough road trips and found a way to win more than we've lost.  That's already more than we accomplished all last season.  I can't wait to get up there and see a game.  

Come on, WharfRat, let's find a day that works for both of us and get some seats.  Do you remember the days when you could by nose bleed seats for 4 bucks and then walk down to nearly the owner's box?  Those were the days!

Hey, who won our bet?  I knd-of checked out of the world for a while.  It had to be close.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

aMillionDreams

QuoteMy Reds are looking respectable.  We've started the year with a few tough road trips and found a way to win more than we've lost.  That's already more than we accomplished all last season.  I can't wait to get up there and see a game.  

Hey, who won our bet?  I knd-of checked out of the world for a while.  It had to be close.

You weren't around so I never checked.  It was close, I know that.  UNC beating MSU may have put you over the top.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Vadie Stark

Baseball has an interesting past from comedy to tragedy

Leontheslut

Phils down 3 - 0 in the 9th rally back to make it 3-2. When Victorino came up and hit his first career salami! Utley followed with a solo.

Fucking awesome!

capt. scotty

I got offered Victorino and Furcal for Abreu in fantasy baseball.

Im terrible at SS, but I dont know. Abreu is looking sick, and 1 of the things that would make Victorino more attractive is SB's and somehow Abreu already has 8 SB's.

Tough call

And phuck your phillies. I took Florida -1.5 (+145)

Leontheslut

Abreu is great for fantasy numbers. He is just the most un-clutch player ever!

Jaimoe

The first place Jays are hammering the White Sox right now. I can't believe how well the Jays are playing given the key injuries to most of the starting pitching staff, a terrible closer and slow starts from Rios and Wells.

capt. scotty

Might as well just give Zach Greinke the CY Young right now.

Hasnt given up an earned run yet, 4-0, 2 complete games, 6:1 strikeout to walk ratio, .86 WHIP.

I know he wont remain this hot, but Greinke is serously going to win it

Vadie Stark

Ruckus

QuoteThe first place Jays are hammering the White Sox right now. I can't believe how well the Jays are playing given the key injuries to most of the starting pitching staff, a terrible closer and slow starts from Rios and Wells.

Man I'd be on the soapbox 24/7 while your Jays keep doing this.  It's great to see.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head