Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

QuoteThe first place Jays are hammering the White Sox right now. I can't believe how well the Jays are playing given the key injuries to most of the starting pitching staff, a terrible closer and slow starts from Rios and Wells.

Man I'd be on the soapbox 24/7 while your Jays keep doing this.  It's great to see.

Well, AAA pitcher David Purcey got hammered tonight in KC. We'll see how this series plays out with the Jays using not-ready-for-prime-time-starters.

capt. scotty

How bout this kid Patrick Schuster who is going for his 5th straight complete game no hitter for his Florida high school team?!? Apparently he plays in 1 of the highest levels/sections of competition in Florida too, so it's not like he's going up against scrubs.

They're showing the game on ESPNews right now, a playoff game nonetheless. It just started. I've never heard of ESPN covering anything like this.

I guess 5 straight no hitters would set a record. My question is, who else threw 4?!  :o :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

Fucking Hamels is hurt again. He rolled his ankle fielding a ball.

If there was a god I would punch him in his dick for this!
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

Leontheslut

Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

.Walt

QuoteFucking Hamels is hurt again. He rolled his ankle fielding a ball.

Cole "Hollywood" Hamels is hurt?? Is the mullet okay?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

ETB, I see the A's are having fleece towel night at the Coliseum. Cool!   8-)

You going?  

Leontheslut

The mullet is intact!

Did you know Cole broke his hand when he was in the minors in a bar fight?

capt. scotty

Buccos lose 1-0 to the Brewers. The only run they gave up was a HR to the pitcher  >:( >:( >:(

Thats 18 losses in a row to Milwaukee. Je-sus.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

The mullet is intact!

Did you know Cole broke his hand when he was in the minors in a bar fight?

I did know that. Whose drinking is more outta control? Cole Hamels, or Pat the Bat? I don't even wanna bring up Brett Meyers

Leontheslut

I think Cole would have a tougher time at a bar because he has that lisp. Of course that probably gets him into a lot of shit.

Brett Myers is a different story all together.   ;D

.Walt

QuoteI think Cole would have a tougher time at a bar because he has that lisp. Of course that probably gets him into a lot of shit.

Is The Bat dead to you? Already?

.Walt

Jaimoe - The Blue Jays pitcher (Tallet) looks just like former Twins great Frank Viola. Well, maybe not, but either way. You gotta respect & fear a mustache  8-)

Leontheslut

QuoteI think Cole would have a tougher time at a bar because he has that lisp. Of course that probably gets him into a lot of shit.

I still have love for the Bat. The fact Ibanez is a much better player all around hasn't changed that.  ;)

i wish Pat well in TB, we'll keep Raul

capt. scotty

So can you explain to me why Werth is still batting ahead of a clearly better Raul Ibanez in the lineup?!

And I pulled the trigger on getting Victorino and Furcal for Abreu. Victorino has somehow never put up big run numbers, but I dont see how he wont get 100 this year in the 2-hole of that lineup  :)

Leontheslut

QuoteSo can you explain to me why Werth is still batting ahead of a clearly better Raul Ibanez in the lineup?!

And I pulled the trigger on getting Victorino and Furcal for Abreu. Victorino has somehow never put up big run numbers, but I dont see how he wont get 100 this year in the 2-hole of that lineup  :)
Raul vs right handed pitchers Werth vs Left.

.Walt

I still have love for the Bat. The fact Ibanez is a much better player all around hasn't changed that.  ;)

i wish Pat well in TB, we'll keep Raul

I know what you mean about Ibanez. I thought TB got a good power hitter at a fairly inexpensive price. I was a little upset about that. I thought the Twins could have used a little power. It's more like a lot of power. It gets old seeing Justin Morneau marketed as this HUGE power hitter. He has a good stick (penis) but he doesn't stroke it like, say Ryan Howard.

.Walt

QuoteJaimoe - The Blue Jays pitcher (Tallet) looks just like former Twins great Frank Viola. Well, maybe not, but either way. You gotta respect & fear a mustache  8-)

They just mentioned it on the Royals telecast  ;D

.Walt

QuoteSo can you explain to me why Werth is still batting ahead of a clearly better Raul Ibanez in the lineup?!

Yes, we need more third base coaching from you Headdy, because this could be the start of something special...a rivalry! Pirates/Phillies there really isn't a rivalry is there?

capt. scotty

No, because we suck.

Flyers/Pens is really the only rivalry because theyre in the same division though

Nice avatar Leon  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]