Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

QuoteGriffey Jr. retired

It was time. But here's to one of the best swings and players ever to grace baseball.  [smiley=beer.gif]
In another time, in another place, in another face

aMillionDreams

What a crazy day in baseball.  How do you lose a perfect game on a blown call, on the last out of the game.  That made me sick to my stomach!

Griffey was always my favorite player growing, so fun to watch when he was on the field, but at least he can say he did it the right way as he's inducted into the hall of fame on the first ballot.

Reds still have a share of the division lead.  I think they're for real, but they have to start beating the best to be the best.  And we need someone else in the bullpen.

If the baseball gods allow for it this time, I'll be going to see Chapman pitch for Louisville on Monday!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Ruckus

QuoteWhat a crazy day in baseball.  How do you lose a perfect game on a blown call, on the last out of the game.  That made me sick to my stomach!

Griffey was always my favorite player growing, so fun to watch when he was on the field, but at least he can say he did it the right way as he's inducted into the hall of fame on the first ballot.

Reds still have a share of the division lead.  I think they're for real, but they have to start beating the best to be the best.  And we need someone else in the bullpen.

If the baseball gods allow for it this time, I'll be going to see Chapman pitch for Louisville on Monday!

Oh, so that's what happened last time.  I was wondering how the last Chapman game you went to was like.  It must be an exciting time to be a Reds fan.  Scott Rolen has been a godsend for me one of my fantasy leagues.  I guess everyone rediscovers their swing in at the Smallpark.

While I feel bad for Galarraga, I think in any baseball fan's mind, he pitched a perfect game.  I will always credit him with one.  Perhaps baseball will do the right thing with this one.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

QuoteGriffey Jr. retired

It was time. But here's to one of the best swings and players ever to grace baseball.  [smiley=beer.gif]

So true.

Ken Griffey Baseball on SNES was the best baseball game.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

QuoteGriffey Jr. retired
honestly didn't even know he was still playing.

you didnt hear how he was asleep in the clubhouse when he was supposed to pinch hit in a game about a month ago?
Nope. I only follow the Cards.

capt. scotty

QuoteGriffey Jr. retired

So true.

Ken Griffey Baseball on SNES was the best baseball game.

Ive been playing Griffey baseball about 2-3 hours a night since he announced the retirement. I always seem to let the SNES get dusty for a while, but when I pull Griffey baseball back out, I end up playing an entire season before I switch back to PS2.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

QuoteGriffey Jr. retired

So true.

[highlight]Ken Griffey Baseball on SNES was the best baseball game.[/highlight]

Ive been playing Griffey baseball about 2-3 hours a night since he announced the retirement. I always seem to let the SNES get dusty for a while, but when I pull Griffey baseball back out, I end up playing an entire season before I switch back to PS2.

Silly Walts.  It's a well known fact that Baseball Stars for NES was the greatest baseball game ever made. ::)

capt. scotty

I dont like the history with top pitching prospects out of high school, but this Jameson Taillon dude has some pretty good looking stuff. I'll be pissed if Manny Machado ends up being a star, but I cant blame the Buccos on this one.

I'll actually watch them for the 2nd time this year to see Strasburg pitch tomorrow
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Strasburg was fucking unreal. I think he struck out the last 7 batters he faced. I wish they wouldve put him back in in the 8th and given him a chance to break the debut strikeout record.

I dont know how the Buccos can suck so bad for so long, yet not suck quite enough to get Strasburg or Bryce Harper. God Fucking Damnit.

.Walt

QuoteStrasburg was fucking unreal. I think he struck out the last 7 batters he faced. I wish they wouldve put him back in in the 8th and given him a chance to break the debut strikeout record.

I dont know how the Buccos can suck so bad for so long, yet not suck quite enough to get Strasburg or Bryce Harper. God Fucking Damnit.

I liked Jim Rome yesterday. He said something like...I don't want to do it, but I have to. I have to be the one who steps in and calms everyone down, and tells them it's only one game. Who am I kidding, I'm riding that band wagon off the cliff, that kid is amazing.  

Ruckus

QuoteStrasburg was fucking unreal. I think he struck out the last 7 batters he faced. I wish they wouldve put him back in in the 8th and given him a chance to break the debut strikeout record.

I liked Jim Rome yesterday. He said something like...I don't want to do it, but I have to. I have to be the one who steps in and calms everyone down, and tells them it's only one game. Who am I kidding, I'm riding that band wagon off the cliff, that kid is amazing.  

Seriously, what more can you say?  The guy is amazing!  I mean, name 5 pitchers in the league you'd want over him already.  Maybe Ubaldo, Lincecum, Halladay and Wainwright.

capt. scotty

Apparently someone fell from the upper deck down to the box seats during the Ranger game tonight. Theyre saying it was like a 30 foot fall, person was taken away on a stretcher but is moving all extremities.

I think Im a slightly bad person because I would like to see video footage of the fall  :-X

.Walt

QuoteApparently someone fell from the upper deck down to the box seats during the Ranger game tonight. Theyre saying it was like a 30 foot fall, person was taken away on a stretcher but is moving all extremities.

I think Im a slightly bad person because I would like to see video footage of the fall  :-X

It doesn't surprise me that it happened. I'm surprised that it doesn't happen more. But yeah, I'd like to see it too.

.Walt

I don't know, I always like watching the derby. I think it unfairly gets compared to the slamdunk contest. But I like it, and I'll be watching. Cheering for Miggy.

And Ruckus I know you like Ubaldo, lets get a deal done!

capt. scotty

Derby is the best all star festivity - games included - of any sport IMO. Although I do like the NHL skills competition when I catch it.

Thank god the NYY didnt get Cliff Lee....I might have sworn off baseball if they did. The fact that they almost did is still ridiculous.

Ruckus

QuoteI don't know, I always like watching the derby. I think it unfairly gets compared to the slamdunk contest. But I like it, and I'll be watching. Cheering for Miggy.

Why, so you can try to pry Zimmerman from me?  I think I like where I'm sitting right now.  It took a while but I think I can't make any rash moves until I see how the first month after the break pans out.  When is the trade deadline for our league?

.Walt

QuoteI don't know, I always like watching the derby. I think it unfairly gets compared to the slamdunk contest. But I like it, and I'll be watching. Cheering for Miggy.

Why, so you can try to pry Zimmerman from me?  I think I like where I'm sitting right now.  It took a while but I think I can't make any rash moves until I see how the first month after the break pans out.  When is the trade deadline for our league?

Yeah, the league is really tightening up. I think the only person I'd trade Ubaldo to is AMD, no collusion, all about the CG category. I don't need anyone catching me. I think Dylan is tied or ahead, so losing that one to him wouldn't effect me. So...Dylan? You want Ubaldo?

.Walt

QuoteDerby is the best all star festivity - games included - of any sport IMO. Although I do like the NHL skills competition when I catch it.

I agree with that. I think the NHL skills competition is the coolest, but it's always hit or miss if I actually get to watch it or not. I think the derby is the only thing I pretty watch every year.

capt. scotty

Corey Hart was my underdog pick to win the derby. Looked awesome in the 1st round, I think the long layoff hurt him in the 2nd round. Never really saw Hanley play all that much, I know its basically BP, but that dude has some other kind of power, just hitting line drives out the park. Not surprised Papi won, he's got that swing that wins derbys.

...also, looks like George Steinbrenner died. As if all star game introductions arent long enough, itll probably be an hour before the game starts with all the Steinbrenner rememberance stuff.

.Walt

QuoteCorey Hart was my underdog pick to win the derby. Looked awesome in the 1st round, I think the long layoff hurt him in the 2nd round. Never really saw Hanley play all that much, I know its basically BP, but that dude has some other kind of power, just hitting line drives out the park. Not surprised Papi won, he's got that swing that wins derbys.

...also, looks like George Steinbrenner died. As if all star game introductions arent long enough, itll probably be an hour before the game starts with all the Steinbrenner rememberance stuff.

I really hated how they kept talking about Papi as some kind of hero. Dude was wrapped up in roids. But he's an ambassador of the game? Yeah right!

I am sorry about the Yankees fan and players loss.