Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

QuoteI'm going to see Aroldis Chapman pitch for the AAA Riverbats (Reds) tomorrow night.  Looking forward to seeing that heater!

Hell yes!  Hope you have good seats.  I guess they all are in most minor league stadiums.  I've seen a lot of him on MLB network and his stuff is straight FILTH!  
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Murph

Can the Mets actually be for real?  Watching them beat up on the Phillies right now and win their 8th straight makes me think so.....and just wait until Beltran gets back.

.Walt

QuoteCan the Mets actually be for real?  Watching them beat up on the Phillies right now and win their 8th straight makes me think so.....and just wait until Beltran gets back.

Watching them beat up on the Phils must bring a smile to your face. I love the Mr Met picture!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

pawpaw

Congrats to Dallas Braden! I've always been a fan of his because his last name is my first name...

Both the A's and Giants had nice wins today, but damn, a perfect game. This is what happens when you run over the mound A-Rod, you just fire a Stockton boy up.  8-)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Ruckus

QuoteCongrats to Dallas Braden! I've always been a fan of his because his last name is my first name...

Both the A's and Giants had nice wins today, but damn, a perfect game. This is what happens when you run over the mound A-Rod, you just fire a Stockton boy up.  8-)

Ha!  I knew you'd have Dallas Braden posters all over your ceiling.  That dude should stop steamin' about ARod and start pitching like that some more.

Anyways, I'd like to personally thank Dallas Braden for being in my starting lineup on that fine day for the fans of MMJ fantasy baseball league.  Muchas Gracias :-*

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteCan the Mets actually be for real?  Watching them beat up on the Phillies right now and win their 8th straight makes me think so.....and just wait until Beltran gets back.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable Mets slump/Marlins surge that usually happens early in September, along with a Ryan Howard HR fest.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Jaimoe

The NL is a cakewalk for Halladay compared to the AL East. He'll win the Cy Young with ease and take the Phillies to the World Series final... and he thrives against the Yanks and Red Sox (who fear him).

TheBigChicken

I'm looking forward to the inevitable Mets slump/Marlins surge that usually happens early in September, along with a Ryan Howard HR fest.
I'm not....GO RAYS :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Soulshine

I found out I'll be sitting behind home plate for the Cubs/Rockies games at the end of July.  :)
Because we're all in this together...

YouAre_GivenToFly

I'm not....GO RAYS :D

The Rays intrigue me. Bottom feeders for a decade. AL Champs. Silly fans with cowbells (who show up in very low numbers). Plus, being on the receiving end of a perfet game 2 years in a row.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

aMillionDreams

Bring out the brooms!  I hate to jinx it, but it looks like things are finally coming together in Cincy and Chapman's still here in Louisville! 4 games over 500, 1.5 out of first place in the division.  Nice!  8-)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

wharf rat

Make that 1/2 game Dylan, with the Cards coming in for 3.  Let's keep the broom handy, huh?

.Walt

This is why I hate Hanley. The guy is a quitter, selfish, and a shitty teammate. He wasn't hurt. He has pulled this type of quitting crap before, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I loved how he was benched right after.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100517&content_id=10121486&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

capt. scotty

If you want to see a no hitter tonight, watch Pirates at Phillies, minor league SP vs. Doc Halladay
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

wharf rat

Agree with you Walt, about Hanley.  That's totally bush what he pulled.

.Walt

QuoteAgree with you Walt, about Hanley.  That's totally bush what he pulled.

I gotta admit until the Hanley incident I didn't know the coach's name, but now I do and have a lot of respect for him.  

aMillionDreams

That Hanley boot job made me so mad.  I love the players who hussle their asses off to be the best they can be, and for the same reason I hate the players with tons of talent who act like it's a job to do their jobs and help their teammates, makes me sick!

My Reds have fallen out of first place, but hopefully just temporarily.  Two tough losses in Atlanta, but I like the way they're playing, still.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

wharf rat

Man, I love the game of baseball, but damn do I get ticked off watching it played nowadays.  Does anyone run out a ground ball anymore?  I mean, at least 4 times in the last month, my 8 yr. old will ask me "Dad, how come he didn't run hard when he hit it?"  It's frustrating when he sees his favorites not hustling, yet that's what I preach to him and his teammates at every single practice/game.  
Reds need to sweep the Injuns this weekend, get that sour taste from yesterday out of my mouth.

.Walt

Going to Target Field for the first time on Wednesday. Twins are playing the Yankees. It should be a great game to watch. I checked weather.com, and it's calling for rain. What a great problem to have! Outdoor baseball!

Ruckus

QuoteGoing to Target Field for the first time on Wednesday. Twins are playing the Yankees. It should be a great game to watch. I checked weather.com, and it's calling for rain. What a great problem to have! Outdoor baseball!

Have a great time Walts!  It's awesome that you guys got a proper, beautiful stadium.  Now for the Vikes...