Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Buccos above .500  8-) ::)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Murph

Santana pitched a gem,  but thats a given.  Seeing my boy David Wright crush that first homer felt great though.  LETS GO METS!!

mjkoehler

Oh Albert....How many ways do we love you. LOTS

capt. scotty

QuoteOh Albert....How many ways do we love you. LOTS

There's a PED reference in there, right?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

I'll be seeing Albert play for the first time ever this season. I'm going to Milwaukee Saturday through Wednesday, and it turns out the Cards and Brewers are playing on Sunday Night Baseball. Other than pitchers, Albert's the only NL players I actually want to see.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

I'll be seeing Albert play for the first time ever this season. I'm going to Milwaukee Saturday through Wednesday, and it turns out the Cards and Brewers are playing on Sunday Night Baseball. Other than pitchers, Albert's the only NL players I actually want to see.
You can join that We Love Albert club that Brian, BH, and I have. There is music involved as we will form a cover band in honor of his awesomness.

Taterbug

You can join that We Love Albert club that Brian, BH, and I have. There is music involved as we will form a cover band in honor of his awesomness.

How come you don't call it " The We love Pujols Club "   ;D ;)  You could get  Charmin as a sponsor.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

TheBigChicken

Rays come back to win 4-3 :) :)Longoria CRUSHED one :-*
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

.Walt

Tater how do you think the central will play out? That Mark Buehrle play was sick!

Taterbug

QuoteTater how do you think the central will play out? That Mark Buehrle play was sick!

Hey Walts, that Buehrle play was incredible, It happened so fast. A between the legs glove toss with his back to the first baseman and Konerko topped it off with a bare hand catch.

If the Sox pitching stays healthy I think they will take the central.  If not..I think it's the Twins.  Your boys are always tough and now you got one of my favorite players in Jim Thome.  The Twins have a great lineup loaded with big bats, they are gonna put a hurtin on a lot of pitchers this year.  They are gonna have to score a ton of runs because there pitching is a little suspect in my eyes.  However it turns out it's gonna be a fun year as long as it doesn't come down to a play in game to get into the playoffs again   :'(
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

TheBigChicken

Dear Evan Longoria ,
                             I love you.
                                               :-* :D :D
2 games 2 HR's
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

.Walt

QuoteTater how do you think the central will play out? That Mark Buehrle play was sick!

Hey Walts, that Buehrle play was incredible, It happened so fast. A between the legs glove toss with his back to the first baseman and Konerko topped it off with a bare hand catch.

If the Sox pitching stays healthy I think they will take the central.  If not..I think it's the Twins.  Your boys are always tough and now you got one of my favorite players in Jim Thome.  The Twins have a great lineup loaded with big bats, they are gonna put a hurtin on a lot of pitchers this year.  They are gonna have to score a ton of runs because there pitching is a little suspect in my eyes.  However it turns out it's gonna be a fun year as long as it doesn't come down to a play in game to get into the playoffs again   :'(

I think the same way about our pitching staff. Everyone around here claims we have a really good staff, but really? I think we have an average rotation, but young enough to become good. Hopefully they breakout this year. In my opinion the Sox have was better proven pitching across the board. Other then having Thome 7 years too late, I wish we could of had him in the dome this year. He used to mash in the dome!

Good luck!

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Soulshine

Everyone here was caca over opening day for the Rockies & they won. (Go Cubbies!)  ;)
Because we're all in this together...

Ruckus

QuoteEveryone here was caca over opening day for the Rockies & they won. (Go Cubbies!)  ;)

Alright SS.  I'm a Cubbies fan who has a great affinity for Jorge De La Rosa of the Rockies because he was my steal pick of my fantasy drafts.  I humbly admit that these Rockies are the real deal while we would be lucky to be playoff competitive this year.

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Soulshine

QuoteEveryone here was caca over opening day for the Rockies & they won. (Go Cubbies!)  ;)

Alright SS.  I'm a Cubbies fan who has a great affinity for Jorge De La Rosa of the Rockies because he was my steal pick of my fantasy drafts.  I humbly admit that these Rockies are the real deal while we would be lucky to be playoff competitive this year.

I can't help but do right by the Cubs. Now that I am here, I'm excited to cheer for the Rockies!! (however I will never turn my back on the Cubs.)
Because we're all in this together...

.Walt

Just got back from the Milwaukee trip. Nice to see the family. But the Brewers/Cards game...Wow, what a great game to be at. 7HR's. Albert and Holliday going back to back in the 9th to tie the game. Then being able to see a walk off by Casey McGee. I've never been to a game with a walkoff before, so that was sweet! Also got a Bernie Brewer bobblehead, I love free things!

bowl of soup

Team
Tampa Bay 6 - 3
Toronto 6 - 3
N.Y. Yankees 5 - 3
Boston 4 - 4
Baltimore 1 - 8

The way it should be
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

.Walt

Not to take anything away from Jackie Robinson day, but I think they should interview more white players about what Jackie Robinson means to them. During the Twins game today they only showed Span and O-Dog. I mean Jackie Robinson means a lot to me, and I'm not a big leaguer or black. I think it would be a great way to show everyone that we all benefited from his greatest.  

aMillionDreams

I'm going to see Aroldis Chapman pitch for the AAA Riverbats (Reds) tomorrow night.  Looking forward to seeing that heater!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]