Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

QuoteWho would you rather see in the playoffs? Twins or White Sox?

Thank you every state other than Illinois. The people have spoken! 69% Twins to 31% White Sox.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=114&sCat=541

It won't let me post the poll, but it's under Top Polls of The Day...

I DEMAND A RECOUNT  :)
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

.Walt

Twins. Gotta love the small markets. Go Reds too. Look out next year for my Jays though.

With Jaimoe's vote it's now 70% Twins!!

The Jays have decent pitchers and some mashers. Seriously, homerun or bust with the Jays. Hill and Lind do something next year...you could be looking really nice!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

GO WHITE SOX !!!! WATCH THE FUCK OUT TWINS HERE WE COME.

MANNY FOREVER BITCHES.   I don't know why I said that. I really don't like his act. As long he knocks the shit out of the ball. And helps us get into the playoffs.

I was waiting for this.  ;D

It seemed most Twins fans aren't worried about the addition of Manny. I am. The guy is a clutch hitter. In September and October he gets even better. I don't get how people can deny that. Too bad we won't be seeing him in October.  ;)

I still don't trust our pitching staff. That's usually our bread and butter. It's going to be a good September.

It's going to great bringing up the MANNY FOREVER BITCHES line next year. I'm going to bring that up so many times.  8-)

Jaimoe

Twins. Gotta love the small markets. Go Reds too. Look out next year for my Jays though.

The Jays have decent pitchers and some mashers. Seriously, homerun or bust with the Jays. Hill and Lind do something next year...you could be looking really nice!

The Jays have one of the best young starting pitching staffs in the Majors. But "we" need a closer. Gregg gives all Jays fans heart attacks. Ya, if Lind and Hill batted to their abilities this year, we'd be in the thick of it.

Here's a pathetic possibility: Joey Votto will probably NOT get voted as Canada's top athlete this year. The honour almost always goes to a hockey player or another winter athlete. I'm thinkng some Olympic gold medal winner will win over Votto, unless he wins the Triple Crown. In past years, Morneau and Steve Nash have been screwed over by the national media (Nash got screwed in one of his MVP years).

.Walt

The Jays have one of the best young starting pitching staffs in the Majors. But "we" need a closer. Gregg gives all Jays fans heart attacks. Ya, if Lind and Hill batted to their abilities this year, we'd be in the thick of it.

Here's a pathetic possibility: Joey Votto will probably NOT get voted as Canada's top athlete this year. The honour almost always goes to a hockey player or another winter athlete. I'm thinkng some Olympic gold medal winner will win over Votto, unless he wins the Triple Crown. In past years, Morneau and Steve Nash have been screwed over by the national media (Nash got screwed in one of his MVP years).

I forgot that Votto is Canadian. Cool! He's having a monster year. Remember to tell me who wins the award. Wish Morneau would get off the DL.

Jaimoe

I forgot that Votto is Canadian. Cool! He's having a monster year. Remember to tell me who wins the award. Wish Morneau would get off the DL.

I will indeed.

It's called the Lou Marsh Award, which is voted on by all top journalists across the country. Both amateur and pro men and women compete for the award as well as diabled athletes. Morneau has never won. Nash won only once. Gretzky has 4, Lemieux only 1; Crosby already has 2 and I bet some female Olympic skiier will beat Votto. Joey is a bit of a rarity because he learned his trade in the Toronto area. Most of the top Canucks in MLB and in the minors came from BC since it doesn't snow or get overly cold in British Columbia (Larry Walker, Morneau, Rich Harden, Jason Bay etc...).  

hacksaw

Does Jim James watch baseball? I'm genuinely curious as baseball is my favorite sport.

aMillionDreams

QuoteDoes Jim James watch baseball? I'm genuinely curious as baseball is my favorite sport.

I've never known him to be a baseball fan.  The only sport I think he's interested in is UofL basketball.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Taterbug

Hey Walts,  Huge series starting up today for my White Sox. We need to sweep and get lotsa help from twins opponents. I'm not feeling very optomistic about the way we've been playing.  Anyway, it should be a good series.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

BH

Congrats Dylan on your Reds!  I'm finally willing to concede the division.   Playoff baseball is unbelievably fun (and nerve wrecking) when your team is involved.  Enjoy.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMillionDreams

QuoteCongrats Dylan on your Reds!  I'm finally willing to concede the division.   Playoff baseball is unbelievably fun (and nerve wrecking) when your team is involved.  Enjoy.

I'm not ready to call it done yet.  We've got a tough 9 game road series coming up.  If the Cards can put together a few wins it may be tight.  I bought tickets for the last game of the regular season just in case.

Oh, and I have to share this with you all.  I saw a shirt the other day that said, "I'm with Pete.  I'll put $200 on the Reds to win."   ;D ;D

peafunk31

Any Braves fans here that are growing increasingly nervous as the mighty Phils extend their lead to 3 games? ::) C'mon, you knew the Braves couldn't hold the top spot the whole season. After all, it is September & that's the magic month for the Phils! Can't wait for the upcoming series when you guys have to face Oswalt, Hallady & Hamels in consecutive games! Enjoy the slaughter hehehe ;)
Homer no function beer well without.

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

.Walt

QuoteGo Twins!

Yeah!! We could have the best record in the AL pretty soon. I'd like to have home field advantage all the way through. It's going to be a cold October. I can't wait for the complaints about playing outdoors in 40 degree temp. That's sweatshirt weather here  ;D

I'm really kinda worried about Morneau. What the fuck is the problem? They need to get him back out there before the playoffs. He was putting up MVP type numbers, but everyone who's filling in for him is doing just fine. Watching the replay it didn't look serious at all. He'd be back out the next play if it was the NFL.

capt. scotty

Did we clinch the 2011 #1 draft pick yet?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

QuoteDid we clinch the 2011 #1 draft pick yet?

Who knows? You could be getting the 2nd coming of Bobby Bonilla. You know you'd loved Bobby B!  8-)

capt. scotty

QuoteDid we clinch the 2011 #1 draft pick yet?

Who knows? You could be getting the 2nd coming of Bobby Bonilla. You know you'd loved Bobby B!  8-)

Just checked, looks like we have the worst record by 6 games with 13 games left. I like our chances.

Ive heard this Anthony Rendon out of Rice could be the next Longoria. Bring him to the Burgh!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jellyfish

QuoteGo Twins!

Yeah!! We could have the best record in the AL pretty soon. I'd like to have home field advantage all the way through. It's going to be a cold October. I can't wait for the complaints about playing outdoors in 40 degree temp. That's sweatshirt weather here  ;D

I'm really kinda worried about Morneau. What the fuck is the problem? They need to get him back out there before the playoffs. He was putting up MVP type numbers, but everyone who's filling in for him is doing just fine. Watching the replay it didn't look serious at all. He'd be back out the next play if it was the NFL.

I am afraid that if Morneau was cleared to play at this point he's been out of it so long he wouldn't be of much use to us.I don't look for him to play any of the remaining games or in the post season.
We got clobbered tonight by the Tigers damn it! Twins need to keep at it for home field advantage in the playoffs.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

aMillionDreams

It feels so good after 15 years!  Go REDS!!!

.Walt

QuoteGo Twins!

I am afraid that if Morneau was cleared to play at this point he's been out of it so long he wouldn't be of much use to us.I don't look for him to play any of the remaining games or in the post season.
We got clobbered tonight by the Tigers damn it! Twins need to keep at it for home field advantage in the playoffs.

Wow, I realize that we're resting players for the playoffs, but good lord the Twins looks like junk out there. I don't know about Morneau, where is he when we need him? He was a stud this year and a former MVP. MVP players don't grow on trees.

Dylan, lets hope for a Twins vs Reds World Series!  [smiley=beer.gif] But who is Ruckus taking?