Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyfish

Quotejelly did you watch the game? i guess its probably the only time you get to see the twins? baker pitched well.

Yes,I did....I had this game earmarked on my calender...Baker impressed the hell out of me last night...shame we couldn't score any runs to back him up...he's got nothing to be ashamed of.We still got 2-3.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Jellyfish

Another good performance from Bonser tonight that we lost 5-1.....prolly left him in too long in hindsight but Gardy was trying to build his confidence and he showed no signs of struggling until the 6th inning.

Capn' that's 2 nights in a row Twins made TV here on ESPN.....2 other channels I get them on when they play are the Orioles station and the chicago superstation when they play the CWS and they rarely show any games but Cubs.

.Walt

QuoteAnother good performance from Bonser tonight that we lost 5-1.....prolly left him in too long in hindsight but Gardy was trying to build his confidence and he showed no signs of struggling until the 6th inning.

Capn' that's 2 nights in a row Twins made TV here on ESPN.....2 other channels I get them on when they play are the Orioles station and the chicago superstation when they play the CWS and they rarely show any games but Cubs.

i didn't get to watch the game tonight (fell asleep). the rocket got number 350. thats great you actually got to watch a couple games in-a-row. i talked to my brother today, and he was really excited about being able to watch them too. all he gets to watch is the Cards and he hates them, but still watches them.

i always wondered what was the regional team you get to watch. The O's huh? you watch them often?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

I think there's something like 142 Jays games on Sportsnet here for me, and most of the rest on TSN.  Doesn't get any better than that.

Vernon Wells 4/5 tonight with two home-runs.  Now, we just got to get this bottom of the 9th out of the way, and we'll be back on track I hope.

.Walt

QuoteI think there's something like 142 Jays games on Sportsnet here for me, and most of the rest on TSN.  Doesn't get any better than that.

Vernon Wells 4/5 tonight with two home-runs.  Now, we just got to get this bottom of the 9th out of the way, and we'll be back on track I hope.

vernon wells, he's turning it around. he started soooo slow, now he's earning his money. but question: does all of Canada get the Jays games?  

Jaimoe

QuoteI think there's something like 142 Jays games on Sportsnet here for me, and most of the rest on TSN.  Doesn't get any better than that.

vernon wells, he's turning it around. he started soooo slow, now he's earning his money. but question: does all of Canada get the Jays games?  

Yes, I think all of Canada gets Jays games, even in Quebec. Also, Vernon is making average money this season; his contract is back-heavy so that the Jays could afford to sign Thomas this season.

Jellyfish

QuoteAnother good performance from Bonser tonight that we lost 5-1.....prolly left him in too long in hindsight but Gardy was trying to build his confidence and he showed no signs of struggling until the 6th inning.

i didn't get to watch the game tonight (fell asleep). the rocket got number 350. thats great you actually got to watch a couple games in-a-row. i talked to my brother today, and he was really excited about being able to watch them too. all he gets to watch is the Cards and he hates them, but still watches them.

i always wondered what was the regional team you get to watch. The O's huh? you watch them often?

I get to see the Braves,Cubs,and Orioles on a regular basis.I hate the Braves and Cubs but I like the Oreo's ok .....long as they aren't playing the Twins...lol .

Jellyfish

Oh snap......Twins win 6-2 beating the Yankee's for about the 2nd time in history....lol...I am joking but they do have their way with the Twins.Great start by Santana and some rock steady relief from Neshek and Nathan.

.Walt

nick punto made a hell of a play during todays game...wow!! its the little things!! i think it spark-plugged the twins to victory!!

.Walt

QuoteOh snap......Twins win 6-2 beating the Yankee's for about the 2nd time in history....lol...I am joking but they do have their way with the Twins.Great start by Santana and some rock steady relief from Neshek and Nathan.

i do think its the third time they beat Mussina. i think he's 19-3 vs the twins. although he has lost twice this year!!!

Jellyfish

QuoteOh snap......Twins win 6-2 beating the Yankee's for about the 2nd time in history....lol...I am joking but they do have their way with the Twins.Great start by Santana and some rock steady relief from Neshek and Nathan.

i do think its the third time they beat Mussina. i think he's 19-3 vs the twins. although he has lost twice this year!!!

I think he's the only pitcher we can beat from the Yanks....still we got Slowey on the mound tomorrow and he is 3-0.Maybe we can spit this serries and it not hurt so bad.I hate the f/n Yanks.

Another 12pm start tomorrow...can't believe there is not any baseball on ESPN this afternoon...they were showing a spelling bee earlier. :-?

.Walt

I think he's the only pitcher we can beat from the Yanks....still we got Slowey on the mound tomorrow and he is 3-0.Maybe we can spit this serries and it not hurt so bad.I hate the f/n Yanks.

Another 12pm start tomorrow...can't believe there is not any baseball on ESPN this afternoon...they were showing a spelling bee earlier. :-?

no baseball on espn...i was thinking the same thing!!! we can still spit the series...i was thinking the same thing!!!  hating the f/n yanks....i was thinking the same thing!!!

watch for the punto play, it was great! (unless you've seen it, then you know how great it was) i liked how on sunday night baseball, joe morgan said something about, how the twins make other teams look lazy, by the hustle they do on the field.

Jellyfish

no baseball on espn...i was thinking the same thing!!! we can still spit the series...i was thinking the same thing!!!  hating the f/n yanks....i was thinking the same thing!!!

watch for the punto play, it was great! (unless you've seen it, then you know how great it was) i liked how on sunday night baseball, joe morgan said something about, how the twins make other teams look lazy, by the hustle they do on the field.

I heard him say that and couldn't agree more.I didn't see the Punto play I was listening on radio but I bet they will stick it up on the main site for all to see overnight.

Jellyfish

I saw the Punto play this morning on ESPN...it made the #1 POD....he also had another great out at 1st in same game that made the top 5 as well.....that guy is a great example of Morgan's comments sunday night about our guys always hustling.

.Walt

QuoteI saw the Punto play this morning on ESPN...it made the #1 POD....he also had another great out at 1st in same game that made the top 5 as well.....that guy is a great example of Morgan's comments sunday night about our guys always hustling.

number 1, niice! i didn't see his play in the 1st. it is a great example of our team hustle. hopefully punto's bat turns around. it couldn't get much worse. lets hope for another win today!

Jellyfish

The Twins bats have come alive today!

.Walt

QuoteThe Twins bats have come alive today!

wow! did they ever! damn, i honestly would have never thought they would have scored that many runs.

i know this is reaching a little and maybe to soon, but Morneau is having another MVP type season. I would say right now, he's second after A-Rod. Although Vlad (my favorite position player) is doing very well too. still early though.

red

HR Derby time!  

I think Prince Fielder will take it, but I'll be cheering for Rios, of course.

.Walt

i wanted Vlad to win...and he did.  i also wanted Morneau to do well...and he didn't. vlad's 503 BOMB jesus christmas tree's

.Walt

ichiro signing a 5 year 100 million dollar deal. wow!! thats ridiculous. he's a great player and i would love to see him on my team, but he's not worth 20 mil.

torii is upset. he's probably not going to sign with the twins next year. great  :-/