Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteRobby Cano comes through last night.

Here come the Yanks!

:D

I laugh. I really do. Not this time. I mean 8 games. If the yanks were 8 games up, almost everyone would say the sox are "dead" or have "no chance." Not with the yanks though, they barely squeak by and win a game and it's stop the presses! boston should look out! But i guess that's a side affect of being criminally over-rated for a decade. Have fun fighting it out for the wild card, while we play the devil rays at least 15 more times!

a little sox and yanks jive talk, niiiice!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

How about this:  Fuck the Yankees AND the Red Sox!    ;D

The Big Come Up

QuoteHow about this:  Fuck the Yankees AND the Red Sox!    ;D

Lets all calm down here  ;)
i only post about the sox when i see a yank's fan getting a tad too cocky

*cough*we own the east*cough*

.Walt

QuoteHow about this:  Fuck the Yankees AND the Red Sox!    ;D

i'm for that!!

knotcameloose

QuoteRobby Cano comes through last night.

Here come the Yanks!

I laugh. I really do. Not this time. I mean 8 games. If the yanks were 8 games up, almost everyone would say the sox are "dead" or have "no chance." Not with the yanks though, they barely squeak by and win a game and it's stop the presses! boston should look out! But i guess that's a side affect of being criminally over-rated for a decade. Have fun fighting it out for the wild card, while we play the devil rays at least 15 more times!

;D
Exactly.  It's a long shot, but it's fun rooting for the underdog.  Mathematically, it's near-impossible, but it is still kinda possible.
The 2001 series was the end of the Yanks.  Rivera's never been as good, Williams/Martinez/O'Neill/Brosius were all gone or near it.  That was the core, and now it's just a bunch of old bums.

knotcameloose

6 games.

You worried yet?
;D

Jellyfish

Twins bats are silent.....2 runs in last 2 games....ouch!  And I sure hope Tori is ok after leaving the game last night....looked like a hamstring injury while running to 1st base.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

red

Back to back shutouts!  The Doc pitched an absolute gem, and our bats showed up.  Lets hope this is the series that kick-starts our second half run.

.Walt

i'm still not over the tigers series. would have been nice to make up some ground. the twins bounced back though.

Jellyfish

Quotei'm still not over the tigers series. would have been nice to make up some ground. the twins bounced back though.
I was more pissed bout losing the Santana game than the other 2....least we bounced back to take 2 outta 3 from LAA.Glad to see that it looks like both Tori and Cuddyer are gonna be ok.

knotcameloose

Yanks laid the smackdown on Tampa.  Look out KC.

.Walt

Quotei'm still not over the tigers series. would have been nice to make up some ground. the twins bounced back though.
I was more pissed bout losing the Santana game than the other 2....least we bounced back to take 2 outta 3 from LAA.Glad to see that it looks like both Tori and Cuddyer are gonna be ok.

i didn't see what happened to torii, what happened?

Jellyfish

i didn't see what happened to torii, what happened?

Evidently he has been sporting a strained hamstring for a few weeks now....he was trying to run out a DP and strained it again....they took him out of the game....funny that Cuddyer jammed his thumb on same play trying to force a bad throw from the 2nd baseman.

red

It's on again tonight Tripps.  :o

.Walt

QuoteIt's on again tonight Tripps.  :o

it's so on!! this time there can't be a split. i expect nothing but a sweep!!  :D

red

Quoteit's so on!! this time there can't be a split. i expect nothing but a sweep!!  :D
For the Jays of course!  We're starting to heat up (I hope!), and a sweep against a wild card contender would be HUGE.  

We shall see... 8-)

.Walt

i guess you didn't hear who's throwing tonight?

Jellyfish

Santana lost again.....I am beginning to think he is hiding an injury.....he's usually on fire this time of the season.I noticed some unusual facial expressions in his loss to Detroit while watching him on TV....although he didn't pitch bad,he shoulda won that game,you could tell he was struggling at times.

.Walt

QuoteSantana lost again.....I am beginning to think he is hiding an injury.....he's usually on fire this time of the season.I noticed some unusual facial expressions in his loss to Detroit while watching him on TV....although he didn't pitch bad,he shoulda won that game,you could tell he was struggling at times.

you're right, this is the time when he steps up his game and i hope nothing is wrong. santana usually gives up a long ball, but most of the time they're just solos shots. i watched a couple innings tonight on my break, and what i saw, i didn't wanna see.

.Walt

Quoteit's so on!! this time there can't be a split. i expect nothing but a sweep!!  :D
For the Jays of course!  We're starting to heat up (I hope!), and a sweep against a wild card contender would be HUGE.  

We shall see... 8-)

do the jays have to play the hockey "horn sound thing" after a homerun?? i didn't need to hear that. aawrhji[pawrhejopjiop!!!!!  >:(

also congrats to the big hurt. he now holds the record of most homeruns against the twins.  [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif]