Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

biggest series of the year, in my opinion. they need a sweep. 2 outta 3 doesn't do much anymore for the twins.  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

i was listening to an interview with terry ryan on "KFAN" basically if the twins do good this series we'll be buyer. if we don't, we're sellers. (joe nathan could be gone)

.Walt

Quotei see where you're coming from, but. steroids have been illegal in baseball, since i believe 1990, and they didn't beginning tested until recently. also bonds did admit to taking the "clear" in the game of shadows... unknowingly. (i know everything that goes into my body) people admitted that it leaked out, and nobody sued over it, bonds didn't.

i agree with see the ball, hit the ball. i believe pitchers were doing the same thing. but i believe bonds did it too. but there's nothing anyone can do about now, because its just to  late, and to bad for baseball.

Well,I think MLB didn't get serious about the roid issue until 04,when they listed all the different types of substances that were banned along with the recreational drugs like coke and pot.Plus,they just added the HGH (Human Growth Hormone) to the list in the last year or so...a substance that is difficult to test for.

Either way we can't go back and take away HR's from someone unless we have concrete proof he was on the gas,and it would also have to be determined by a game by game basis and that would be damn near impossible.I can't see them taking anything away from players like HR records or any other records.....even if they get busted it would be hard to prove when and if they used in those games they hit HR's.

Either way,main thing on my mind these dayz is how are the Twins gonna get out of this whole we have dropped ourself in.Swept by Toronto,good grief!! We suck!!!

i agree nobody can take any what bonds has done and will continue to do. i also believe that baseball itself is a game built on cheating. cheating in baseball go hand and hand. since the first pitch, there has been cheating in baseball. it's part of the history.

Jellyfish

Quotei was listening to an interview with terry ryan on "KFAN" basically if the twins do good this series we'll be buyer. if we don't, we're sellers. (joe nathan could be gone)

Santana on the mound tonight....he really needs to have a good outing to boost the team....a loss tonight would be devastating to him and the whole team.

All eyes are on Bonds until he hits the next couple taters.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

.Walt

nice win today, so hopefully we'll be buyers. i was reading the Star Tribune, Torii was saying that he feels that if he's going to be traded, he understands why.

this is blog from Dan Barreiro a host on KFAN and former Star Tribune writer.

SIMPLE PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE: The Twins have two significant players, Torii Hunter, and Johan Santana, coming up for new deals. Hunter's current deal ends at the end of the current season, Santana's at the end of the 2008 season. There has been much speculation about what the Twins can and can't, should and shouldn't, do. Let me keep this simple: If the Twins do not re-sign at least one of these two players, the first thing any self-respecting tax-paying, Twins fan should do is vow to boycott the new ball park.

From Day One.

And the only thing any self-respecting radio talk-show host who works 4-7 on the FAN will do is hammer away. Daily. Without fail.

No excuses here, no namby-pamby nonsense about players outgrowing the market, and no notions about the Twins have to stick to the formula that has worked for so many years to keep them competitive. All of that is out the window. You can't tell people, for years, that the key reason to want a new ball park is to give your team a chance to stay competitive, indeed to not have to worry about a great player becoming too expensive for the market, and then pretend you never preached it.

That would be insulting.

Especially when referring to these players, especially Santana, who might be the pre-eminent pitcher of this age. You can finesse not participating in the bidding when the guy is merely above average. You cannot do so when the pitcher is as accomplished as Santana.

~  

Jellyfish

2 in a row!!! Extra sweet we beat Sabathia today.Heading home for a series with KC...maybe we can get back on track but they are no pushover.

Thanks for posting that......I agree they need to sign at least one if not both of those guys......personally I think they will find a way to keep Tori but not Santana.

rugbird

Yo BH.  Long time, I had a new job but just got fired :(.  Thanks for the woopin on the g.d. Brewers.  Cards are hangin in there but the Cubs depth may be too much.  Fun year for us, lovin Lou Piniella.

Jellyfish

While I am not one to doubt Terry Ryan,trading Castillo for 2 minor leaguers at this time in the season is suicide,IMO......only thing that makes sense is that he has given this season a wash.

knotcameloose

Gagne cost a hefty price for the Sox.

Supposedly the Rangers wanted Melky Cabrera or one of the Yanks' big pitching prospects...good thing they held off.

Smacking the Chi Sox right now, hopefully A-Rod homers too.

.Walt

QuoteWhile I am not one to doubt Terry Ryan,trading Castillo for 2 minor leaguers at this time in the season is suicide,IMO......only thing that makes sense is that he has given this season a wash.

i agree, but what terry ryan said, is that its like the aj trade. apparently the twins had to make room for younger players, like they did with mauer. torii almost went bomb twice today. twins four wins in a row, cleveland four loses. its heating up folks!!!

.Walt

AMD your buddy B. Webb is pitching well tonight. i'm going up against him in fantasy baseball. so i'm not pleased right now  >:(

although i did love him last year, when i won my money league with him carrying my team!

Jellyfish

Santana lost again!!!!  :(

Maybe Ryan knows something we don't....given the recent trade(or lack of) and Santana not being able to win....I think the season may be a wash and I am always an optimist but am losing faith.

.Walt

did you read what santana said? hopefully over the next year, things will settle down a little. but you know what?... santana is 100% right. we still have a year to patch things up, maybe  mike piazza?

aMD

QuoteAMD your buddy B. Webb is pitching well tonight. i'm going up against him in fantasy baseball. so i'm not pleased right now  >:(

although i did love him last year, when i won my money league with him carrying my team!

just caught this post.  yeah, he's throwing well but i don't know that this is going to be another cy young season or not though.  i guess it could happen if he finishes the season well and the dbacks stay in contention.  he pitches today against brad penny (the dude who probably will win the cy young) and his dodgers.  I hope to be able to find a place to check out the game here in ky.

aMD

b-webb threw a shutout against Brad Penny and the Dodgers.  8-)

knotcameloose

Thomas down looking, Yankees win!

:D

.Walt

Quoteb-webb threw a shutout against Brad Penny and the Dodgers.  8-)

i know!!!  i was still going up against him in fantasy baseball. i lost the complete game stat because of it!!  >:(

(i still beat the guy 12-4  8-))

.Walt

QuoteThomas down looking, Yankees win!

:D

they were first in the wild card for like 5 hours. i hope thats the last of that  ;)

aMD

just got back from the Reds game.  They won 4-0.  Bronson Arroyo looked like the Bronson Arroyo of 2006.   ::)

I told my wife before I went that the reds were going to win and i was going to come home and watch barry hit the record homerun.  well i missed the homerun by about 20 minutes but i'm damn good!   8-)

.Walt

Quotejust got back from the Reds game.  They won 4-0.  Bronson Arroyo looked like the Bronson Arroyo of 2006.   ::)

I told my wife before I went that the reds were going to win and i was going to come home and watch barry hit the record homerun.  well i missed the homerun by about 20 minutes but i'm damn good!   8-)

how far is cinncy from louisville? that park looks fucking amazing. i want to do a midwest ballpark swing. KC, St Louis, Cleveland, Cinncy, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Both Chicago's.  that's just a dream though....

glad you got to see a win!!