Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

Quotejust got back from the Reds game.  They won 4-0.  Bronson Arroyo looked like the Bronson Arroyo of 2006.   ::)

I told my wife before I went that the reds were going to win and i was going to come home and watch barry hit the record homerun.  well i missed the homerun by about 20 minutes but i'm damn good!   8-)

how far is cinncy from louisville? that park looks fucking amazing. i want to do a midwest ballpark swing. KC, St Louis, Cleveland, Cinncy, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Both Chicago's.  that's just a dream though....

glad you got to see a win!!

If you are in Cleveland or Detroit, then a trip to see the Jays should be in your itinerary too. Toronto is only 4 hours away by car from Cleveland and a better team than all but one or two of the teams you mentioned.

knotcameloose

QuoteThomas down looking, Yankees win!

:D

they were first in the wild card for like 5 hours. i hope thats the last of that  ;)
Bonds' homerun really overshadowed the Clemens/Rios/Towers/A-Rod drama last night...that was fun to watch, the benches clearing twice, Towers supposedly yelling at Yank's first base coach Tony Pena, calling him a quitter...after he resigned on the 2005 Royals.

wow.
Yanks win 9-2.

:)

aMD

Quotejust got back from the Reds game.  They won 4-0.  Bronson Arroyo looked like the Bronson Arroyo of 2006.   ::)

I told my wife before I went that the reds were going to win and i was going to come home and watch barry hit the record homerun.  well i missed the homerun by about 20 minutes but i'm damn good!   8-)

how far is cinncy from louisville? that park looks fucking amazing. i want to do a midwest ballpark swing. KC, St Louis, Cleveland, Cinncy, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Both Chicago's.  that's just a dream though....

glad you got to see a win!!

it's only an hour and a half to cincy.  the stadium is nice.  so is the football stadium.  i would also love to do a tour of major league league ball parks.  i've only been to the cincy stadiums: riverfront, great american ballpark, and paul brown stadium.

it was the hottest day in the (short) history of great american, but we were in the shade.

.Walt

i've been to: wrigley, milwaukee county, miller park, the metrodome, kaufman, fulton county. just so many more to go!!

Toronto would be cool as hell to go to.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMD

Quotei've been to: wrigley, milwaukee county, miller park, the metrodome, kaufman, fulton county. just so many more to go!!

Toronto would be cool as hell to go to.

I actually have been to toronto's stadium, but not for a baseball game.  I'd love to see wrigley, yankee stadium, san diego's, and fenway even i hate the red sox.

bowl of soup

Very good argument that it's more than just the roids that make Barry's balls leave the yard (that sounds very wrong):

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003621797

Courtesy of The Big Lead - best sports blog on the web.  I've been screaming this for years.  The juice helps too.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jellyfish

Baker gave up the big time tater last night(grand slam)........if the Twins could just get their offense and defense on the same page,geez. :(
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

mjkoehler

Cards are on a roll. Maybe Ankiel is the spark they needed!?!?!?

Cap't- Yes you should do a Midwest swing. The new Busch is great. Cincy is a great stadium also.

knotcameloose

Yanks are four back....either Boston or New York will blow it soon...can't wait to see how this plays out.

.Walt

i just wish that the twins could take advantage of the tribe and tigers losing ways. it was nice to see them win.

aMD

b-webb is working on 33 scoreless innings!  He usually starts out fast and ends slow.  this year is just the opposite, he's the best pitcher in the majors statistically since june.  if he keeps it up he could make a late push for another cy young.  he's got 8 losses but an ERA below 3 and he won the cy young last year with 10 losses.  go b-webb!

Jellyfish

Quotei just wish that the twins could take advantage of the tribe and tigers losing ways. it was nice to see them win.

Yes my thoughts ed zachly.....on the other side of the coin,if the Tigers and Indians had been winning the Twins would be in the hole big time right now.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

BH

[size=72]3-1/2[/size]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Make that [size=72]2-1/2[/size]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

I'm telling ya, Ankiel was the spark the Cards needed. They are rollin...I'll be happy with 2 out of 3 from the Cubs. I'll be freaking elated with a sweep. If they do either, I think it's all said and done for the Central.

.Walt

QuoteI'm telling ya, Ankiel was the spark the Cards needed. They are rollin...I'll be happy with 2 out of 3 from the Cubs. I'll be freaking elated with a sweep. If they do either, I think it's all said and done for the Central.

Ankiel is an amazing story. BUT the "brew crew" is still going to be there...i hope  :-/

rugbird

Here we go BH.  I'll take a split here.  Best of luck.  And may the Cards remain injury free. ;D

sweatboard

If Rolen, Edmonds and Molina are really going to start hitting this could get exciting.  I think the Brewers are going to fold.  It's hard to lose a steady hold on first place and then regain it, especially for a team that's never really made the playoffs.  It's going to take a ton of mental toughness for the Brewers not to fade out.  The Cubs, are the Cubs..... They'll find a way to choke.  Once again it will come down to the Cardinals and the Astros.      
There's Still Time.........

.Walt

i agree that when it comes down to the wire, a team that has been there has the advantage. the crew has to start some where. lets all agree that the NL Central is the worst division in baseball. a team that isn't even 500 could win.

remember that if the brewers make it to the playoffs, thousands of people will pee their pants. http://peeyourpantsforthebrewers.com/index.php

.Walt

amd, b. webb!! good lord.  :o