Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

Week and a half old, but still...

Made it to my first Twins game of the season. My buddy has season tickets, and because of that we were able to go onto the field for batting practice, which was cool. Then went outside where all the fans are before the game. They have this sports trivia game setup, long story short, i beat the other three contestants and won two tickets to any game. Then going back into the game we received a Twins scratch off ticket, you see were i'm going with this, i won a Twins coffee mug. Then between every inning the ushers would stand up and watch the crowd. My buddy (drunk) waved to the female usher between every inning. So finally he sent down his card during the 7th inning. After the game we talked to her and ask if we could go through the tunnel. She of course said no, but we explained we were already there that day. So she let us through. So we roamed around, until we found their batting cage. As we were stealing a couple balls outta the cage, Mike Redmond (the backup catcher) catches us stealing. We had the guiltiest looks on our faces. We said something stupid like, taking some BP Reddog? We walked around some more, getting by some security guards by using the line, Big win tonight boys!! and then they would let us by.

Overall, the best Twins game ever!!

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jellyfish

QuoteWeek and a half old, but still...

Made it to my first Twins game of the season. My buddy has season tickets, and because of that we were able to go onto the field for batting practice, which was cool. Then went outside where all the fans are before the game. They have this sports trivia game setup, long story short, i beat the other three contestants and won two tickets to any game. Then going back into the game we received a Twins scratch off ticket, you see were i'm going with this, i won a Twins coffee mug. Then between every inning the ushers would stand up and watch the crowd. My buddy (drunk) waved to the female usher between every inning. So finally he sent down his card during the 7th inning. After the game we talked to her and ask if we could go through the tunnel. She of course said no, but we explained we were already there that day. So she let us through. So we roamed around, until we found their batting cage. As we were stealing a couple balls outta the cage, Mike Redmond (the backup catcher) catches us stealing. We had the guiltiest looks on our faces. We said something stupid like, taking some BP Reddog? We walked around some more, getting by some security guards by using the line, Big win tonight boys!! and then they would let us by.

Awesome! Hopefully someday,I'll be able to make it up there.Great that you got to see them in the metrodome before the move next year.So much history in that place to leave behind.Hopefully we can make some more at Target Field.

Twins need to step it up after getting swept by the Indians we are lucky to be only a couple games back.Still hope but looks like all is gonna be on the line the next series vs the CWS.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Taterbug

QuoteWeek and a half old, but still...

Awesome! Hopefully someday,I'll be able to make it up there.Great that you got to see them in the metrodome before the move next year.So much history in that place to leave behind.Hopefully we can make some more at Target Field.

Twins need to step it up after getting swept by the Indians we are lucky to be only a couple games back.Still hope but looks like all is gonna be on the line the next series vs the CWS.

I'm hoping  that series with the twins won't matter  :P
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Jellyfish

I'm hoping  that series with the twins won't matter  :P

You may get yer wish.We start a 4 game series with the Rays tonight.

Taterbug

With the wild card coming outta the AL east most likely, 2nd place in the  AL central is the 1st loser.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

TheBigChicken

Troy Percival was helping at first but now he's flat out killing us :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

.Walt

do they play in the NL? because they could be my new favorite NL team  8-)

although berkley, and the A's colors say it all  :(

twins or the oakland althjackets   :-/

TheBigChicken

Rays are playoff bound :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

easy way

RAYS FEVER down here in Pinellas County! I'm a Braves fan, but can't help but jump on this bandwagon while I'm down here...It's hype.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

bowl of soup

The Rays making the playoffs gives hope to the world.  That rat Lupica could'nt resist trying to get a shot in by saying that the place was "83% full" for the clincher.  Asshole, it was a sellout and so was Sunday.  While you were lamenting the impending destruction of your cathedral to baseball by playing another meaningless game against the Orioles, we were contemplating our playoff roster.  Get used to it.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

aMillionDreams

I like Lupica, but I understand. I wouldn't like him if he was from Pittsburgh or Cleveland.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

TheBigChicken

Taterbug

Big game tonite Walts.  I'm gonna refrain from talkin smack. It always seems to backfiire on me. So maybe I will try a little reverse psychology.  

TWINS RULE ..... GO TWINS    piranha's are the shit.

.Walt

well tater, here it comes!! this is huge here, i should be at this game. it's going to rockin' with dome field advantage. i like our chances. man, this is going to be fun to watch!

.Walt

QuoteBig game tonite Walts.  I'm gonna refrain from talkin smack. It always seems to backfiire on me. So maybe I will try a little reverse psychology.  

TWINS RULE ..... GO TWINS    piranha's are the shit.

piranha's ha, i hate that term, but everyone loves it here. maybe because ozzie gave'em the nickname, and everyone loves ozzie. i really love that guy, i would love to play for him.

.Walt

Jellyfish

Twins need to win this series against the CWS to have a chance at the division title.Twins have the Royals for the last 3 games at home so maybe we can pick up a game or 2 there as well.CWS have the pesky Indians for their last 3 games of the season.

Taterbug

Great commercial.  I hope Ozzie got a piece of that action.  
Ozzie is awesome when he doesn't open his mouth, I would trade him for Gardenhire in a heartbeat.  It's gonna be electric tonite in the dome.  Packed house, home field advantage and your stud on the mound.  The baseball gods are on your side.  ;)

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.