Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyfish

My Twins beat up the CWS pretty good this time takin 3 of 4 to win the series.We won last night as well with the Indians in town to keep us just 1/2 game back out of 1st place.

BTW,did anyone see the wild melee in thursday nights game where Gardy got ejected and he punted his hat in the air? I thought the fans were gonna come out of the stands after that umpire.

Twins have dropped Hernandez from the lineup to bring back Liriano from AAA Rochester.I am all for bringing him back but I am not too sure about dropping Hernandez who has 10 wins this year.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

bowl of soup

Patton can be viewed in a certain clever, Canadian way as representing everything wrong with America - so good choice by you.  Kind of like that Senator's son song being used a patriotic anthem to sell blue jeans.  You can redeem yourself later in the season.

The Sawx have got be waking up this morning wondering what they have to do - still 3 games back.  The Rays refuse to lose and don't look now but here comes Rocco and Price.

Twins/ Rays for the AL; MArlins/Rays for the World Series - let's blow this bitch up.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jaimoe

Thanks for the compliment. At least I didn't use a picture of Jesse Helms hoisting the Stars and Stripes.

It's not as if Bob and Doug represent Canadians, although admittedly, I've met characters back in a bygone era that were carbon-copies of those two hosers. And their particular slightly over-accentuated Ottawa Valley accent seems to be disappearing over time.

Until we meet again. A 2-4 of stubby-bottled beer is the bet. Red Cap now made by a micro-brewery from Guelph Ontario, Brick, comes in the traditional stubby bottle. Unfortunately, it still tastes like Red Cap.

Taterbug

QuoteMy Twins beat up the CWS pretty good this time takin 3 of 4 to win the series.We won last night as well with the Indians in town to keep us just 1/2 game back out of 1st place.

BTW,did anyone see the wild melee in thursday nights game where Gardy got ejected and he punted his hat in the air? I thought the fans were gonna come out of the stands after that umpire.

Twins have dropped Hernandez from the lineup to bring back Liriano from AAA Rochester.I am all for bringing him back but I am not too sure about dropping Hernandez who has 10 wins this year.

So it must feel pretty damn good right now to be a Twins Fan.  They are gonna make it tough for my White Sox the rest of the season.  Liriano has adjusted great since the surgery and made up for his lack of velocity with a good change up.  
     THE RACE IS ON !!!!!!!!

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

.Walt

sure the twins are not in first place anymore, but like morneau said "it's not about being in first place in August, it's about being in first in September.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TheBigChicken

Aug 18 and the Rays are 4 games ahead. The Angels are in town tonight for a 3 game stand :-/ Should be fun to watch.Go Rays :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bowl of soup

TheBigChicken

Damn what a game last night...Tonight part 3....GO RAYS!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

TheBigChicken

Hopefully it's time to kick a little Yankee ASS :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Taterbug

My White Sox are gonna have it tough and they are looking pretty beat up.  That series with the Twins the last week of the season looks to be very very interesting and they finish september with the Indians.   With no Quentin or Crede I don't think the got the bats to finish up strong into the playoffs.  I gots a bad feelin.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Jaimoe

QuoteMy White Sox are gonna have it tough and they are looking pretty beat up.  That series with the Twins the last week of the season looks to be very very interesting and they finish september with the Indians.   With no Quentin or Crede I don't think the got the bats to finish up strong into the playoffs.  I gots a bad feelin.

And you got lucky catching Halladay on a rare off-night last night, breaking the Jays 10 game winning streak. The much improved Marcum is on the mound tonight.

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Taterbug

QuoteMy White Sox are gonna have it tough and they are looking pretty beat up.  That series with the Twins the last week of the season looks to be very very interesting and they finish september with the Indians.   With no Quentin or Crede I don't think the got the bats to finish up strong into the playoffs.  I gots a bad feelin.

And you got lucky catching Halladay on a rare off-night last night, breaking the Jays 10 game winning streak. The much improved Marcum is on the mound tonight.

On the bright side of things at least we beat you once this year.
We could use one of those starting pitchers, you got plenty of them.

bowl of soup

Next Years AL East standings:

1.  Rays
2.  Jays
3.  Sawx
4.  Orioles
5.  Yanks

Carlos Pena is the Lord of the Rings.  Still in first and our team is basically the Durham Bulls with better pitching.  We've been playing without our 2 best defensive players (also our 2 and 4 hitters mind you), we just lost our number 3, and our catcher is gimpy.  

ItStillJaimoe

On the bright side of things at least we beat you once this year.
We could use one of those starting pitchers, you got plenty of them.

Indeed.

Now the Jays play the Red Sox tonight. One of our rookie call-ups David Purcey gets the start against the always entertaining Tim Wakefield. I wish Toronto had a healthy team (and a healthy Scott Rolen) this year.  

bearass

as a cards fan scott rolen will never be healthy

ItStillJaimoe

Quoteas a cards fan scott rolen will never be healthy

We traded for him for his bat, glove and leadership. He's provided his allstar glove while healthy, but his bat has been not up to snuff due to his shoulder injury and I'm not sure about his leadership. It looks like the Cards won again when dealing with the Jays (see Chris Carpenter).
The Jays also unloaded David Eckstein a few weeks back because bench player John McDonald is the best fielding shortstop in the AL and Cito prefers defense over offense on most nights, especially with the Jays great pitching staff combined with a stellar fielding infield.

bearass

glaus has had an excellent year i was  truly crushed we had to trade rolen but glaus has the best fps for third basemen in the nl still hes no scotty in the field

ItStillJaimoe

Rolen's the best fielding third baseman I've ever seen.

bearass

when mike schmidt says so its gotta be true