Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

QuoteJaimoe, I repeat my demand that you do something about getting us Jason Bay.

With our terrible bats, the Jays need him far more than the Rays, plus he wants to play in Canada. Good luck landing him though.

bowl of soup

QuoteJaimoe, I repeat my demand that you do something about getting us Jason Bay.

With our terrible bats, the Jays need him far more than the Rays, plus he wants to play in Canada. Good luck landing him though.

At last count there were only 2 Canadian franchises - Toronto and Tampa Bay, so we have a 50/50 shot.  I always wonder why Vancouver isn't considered for a major American sports league (sorry, the NHL no longer counts) and how they lost the Grizzlies.

Oh, Tampa Bay remains in first for another day.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jaimoe

At last count there were only 2 Canadian franchises - Toronto and Tampa Bay, so we have a 50/50 shot.  I always wonder why Vancouver isn't considered for a major American sports league (sorry, the NHL no longer counts) and how they lost the Grizzlies.

Oh, Tampa Bay remains in first for another day.

If you go by gate figures, the NHL rivals and beats the NBA in some markets. In TV deals, well, they've don't compare.  

Vancouver isn't a strong sports overall market. Toronto isn't either, unless it's the Leafs or even the Raptors (the Jays are a national team), but the love-affair to the latter could end if they don't start making longer runs in the playoffs. However, Vancouver loves their Canucks but their BC Lions aren't the draw they should be - and their dome sucks ass.

Tampa Bay is only a seasonal Canadian city anyway.

bowl of soup

Big series Jaimoe.  We can either put you out of your misery or you could spring right back into the race.  The Jays have been playing good ball since Cito and the Yanks and Sawx both draw the Angels this week.  Avatar bet?  American Flag versus the Leaf?

ItStillJaimoe

QuoteBig series Jaimoe.  We can either put you out of your misery or you could spring right back into the race.  The Jays have been playing good ball since Cito and the Yanks and Sawx both draw the Angels this week.  Avatar bet?  American Flag versus the Leaf?

Hey, I already wear an MC5 US flag shirt, but sure, let's do it as long as you use a real red Canadian leaf instead of a stupid Toronto Maple Leafs one.

A.J. is pitching really good for a change and Halladay is up tomorrow (and I have tickets for that game but I have to work - I'm on night shifts this week). I wish Aaron Hill and Vernon Wells were playing though. The weather is projected to be hot and sunny all week so no roof. Should be fun.

ItStillJaimoe

Jays win! With Halladay pitching tomorrow, the odds of the Maple Leaf flying over a bowl of soup is pretty high.

bowl of soup

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Come on fellas!  I had this picked out for you:

ItStillJaimoe

Geez, that tacky emblem makes me feel revolted and angry. In other words, well chosen bowl of soup!

bowl of soup

That was a great baseball game.  Evan Longoria can play a bit.  Rubber match today at noon.

bowl of soup

It's a dark day in the great white north.  The Jays excuse themselves from the season, The Rays are in "deep discussions" about acquiring Canada's own Jason Bay, and Jaimoe must now use an avatar that makes him feel "angry and revolted."  We didn't specify a time frame, but I think a week will do.

Love it or leave it baby!

Jaimoe

I'll put it up later after I stop vomitting. I know the Jays have the worst ranking with runners in scoring position and one of the worst batting lineups in the majors, but fuck me, if Roy played for any other team, he'd be 16-3 (given his amount of quality starts this year and his ERA).

Taterbug

My White Sox  traded for Griff Jr. .  I don't know what to think yet. Looks like another home run hitter that can't run.  Were the hell are they gonna put him in the field ?
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Foxtrot76

QuoteMy White Sox  traded for Griff Jr. .  I don't know what to think yet. Looks like another home run hitter that can't run.  Were the hell are they gonna put him in the field ?

Yeah I don't know what to make of that one. Maybe DH him? He's one of my favorite ballplayers of all time but man is it gonna be hard to root for him wearing a Sox jersey!  

bowl of soup

QuoteI'll put it up later after I stop vomitting. I know the Jays have the worst ranking with runners in scoring position and one of the worst batting lineups in the majors, but fuck me, if Roy played for any other team, he'd be 16-3 (given his amount of quality starts this year and his ERA).

The patriots are waiting.

Jaimoe

I don't have my password handy. It's one of those assigned ones. I'll get the "flag" up later. I'm also immersed in writing-up an interview that has to be in by today to the music website I work for.

Taterbug

QuoteMy White Sox  traded for Griff Jr. .  I don't know what to think yet. Looks like another home run hitter that can't run.  Were the hell are they gonna put him in the field ?

Yeah I don't know what to make of that one. Maybe DH him? He's one of my favorite ballplayers of all time but man is it gonna be hard to root for him wearing a Sox jersey!  

Oh you can root for the Sox, I'm rooting for the cubbies right now, Listening to the game on th radidio.  I love to listen to Santo get all worked up. He's almost as good as Steve Stone  ;).

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

bowl of soup

QuoteI don't have my password handy. It's one of those assigned ones. I'll get the "flag" up later. I'm also immersed in writing-up an interview that has to be in by today to the music website I work for.

I know this really hurts.  I'm immersed in admiring my new avatar; do you recognize him?

bowl of soup

I should just edit my last post, but I can take it.  The Bay trade was confirmed everywhere - and just like that...it was gone.  That sucks, he was really the player that we needed.  I am penalizing myself with the McKenzies.

bowl of soup

I'll accept you ironic twist on the avatar bet.

vespachick

Please bring your ironic twist over to OKONOKOS! :D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked