Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItStillJaimoe

Quote I have never seen a team hitting slump like this.  

I'll send you all of the Jays boxscores then.

TheBigChicken

Now I suppose that was an attempt at comedy ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;Dtoo funny
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bowl of soup

You guys come to town after the break.  Perhaps dueling no-hitters are in order.  Not exactly what we need - a really good pitching staff.  Please contact PM Harper and Ask him to order Jason Bay to Tampa Bay.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ItStillJaimoe

You guys come to town after the break.  Perhaps dueling no-hitters are in order.  Not exactly what we need - a really good pitching staff.  Please contact PM Harper and Ask him to order Jason Bay to Tampa Bay.

Well, Toronto starts A.J. Burnett (provided he doesn't get traded) on Friday against the Rays and then Roy Halladay. If we get the same Burnett as the Yanks got yesterday, then the Rays will have their hands full. If Halladay played for the Yankees, he'd be 18-0, although he will still be in the running this year for the AL Cy Young. BTW, I was at the Jays-Yanks game yesterday and thoroughly loved seeing the Jays horrid batting come to life even though we were missing Vernon Wells, Alex Rios and Aaron Hill (all missing for the whole 3 game series). The Yankee faithful that made the trek north were awful quiet, and there was easily 10 thousand or more at each game.

I don't want Bay on the Rays, although I'd rather see him there beating the Yanks and Red Sox than toiling for a losing team that I can never see play.

bowl of soup

We NEED Bay.  I love Mr. Gomes, but we can no longer accept his .190 batting average as our right-handed option in the outfield.  We no longer need a goon, we need a hitter.

If we don't make a deal before the deadline - we will have failed.  We have the deepest minor league system in MLB and flexibility to deal.  But no, nobody can have David Price.  Lefties who throw high ninties, filthy stuff come around once every 20 years or so.  He should be up allready and will be here no later than August.  The Yankees simply will not be able to hit him.

red

Quotewhat up K ....how was the glitter....how was the doom ;)
The glitter was great, but the doom, oh man, it was INCREDIBLE!!!  An amazing two weeks, that's for sure.  

8-)

harpua51

David Price is the TITS!

He is gonna be a CY YOUNG winner probably more than once!

.Walt

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ItStillJaimoe

Morneau is the first Canadian to win the Home Run Derby award, but his thunder was rightly stolen last night by Josh Hamilton.

bowl of soup

The only bad move that the new group down here made was leaving Hamilton unprotected.  We went through years of agony trying to bring him along (nothing compared to his very real agony).  I think most fans down here are very happy to see him shine.  I had chills last night during a home run derby.  The Natural music playing in the background...

Jellyfish

Give it up for my man Morneau!  
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Jaimoe

Nice job All-Star game by not doing the Canadian anthem again this year. Well done! Fergie Jenkins, Morneau, Russell Martin, Ryan Dempster, Halladay and Gary Carter all on the field. Whoever oversees this insult I hope rots in hell.   

Jellyfish

And Morneau scores the winning run in the 15th inning to give the AL the victory!
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

bowl of soup

Give it up for the Rays.  Kazmir got the win, Longoria tied the game, and Navi had a key hit in the 15th plus a key gun down at second (allthough he almost threw the game away earlier).  Game 7 of the World Series will now be played at the Trop.

TheBigChicken

QuoteGive it up for the Rays.  Kazmir got the win, Longoria tied the game, and Navi had a key hit in the 15th plus a key gun down at second (allthough he almost threw the game away earlier).  Game 7 of the World Series will now be played at the Trop.
I could live with that....think you could get us tix Soup? :-? :D ;D
Game 7 the Trop...That sounds REAL good....Sky may beg to differ :)

capt. scotty

QuoteThe only bad move that the new group down here made was leaving Hamilton unprotected.  We went through years of agony trying to bring him along (nothing compared to his very real agony).  I think most fans down here are very happy to see him shine.  I had chills last night during a home run derby.  The Natural music playing in the background...

I was driving back to school and my grandparents called me and were watching it, I asked them who won, they said they couldnt remember, but then they said some white guy hit 28 HR's in a round. I followed by saying, you mean 28 overall, right? They say no, in a round. I was like, you gotta be kidding me, who was it? They say the guy who used to be on all kinds of drugs and I immediately knew it was Josh Hamilton. Thats just crazy, I think Tejada had the record before and it was like 16. I dont think 28 is ever gettin topped. I just wish he win. If I was Morneau, I wouldve given him the trophy in the locker room later because he deserved it. I liked his story last year, but it just keeps getting better

I assume youre a Rays fan Soup? Certainly with the way theyre playing now I wouldnt have any qualms with them,  or the organization. Even as a Buccos fan, if we drafted him (which wouldnt happen anyway since the best player weve drafted with all of our Top 5 picks in the last 20 years is Kris Benson) Id certainly be happy for the guy. I almost want to get a Hamilton jersey. Dude's badasssssss

I actually read something yesterday - I think it was a Gammons article on ESPN - that said he was watching the Natural the night before the derby. weird stuff
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

bowl of soup

Morneau was actually very gracious and when he accepted the trophy he was basically giving all the credit to Hamilton.  The home runs were mostly of the mamouth variety - deep into the night sky.

I've been a Rays fan since the beginning when we still had an association with the Devil.

TheBigChicken

Rays...back in 1st place :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bowl of soup

Jaimoe, I repeat my demand that you do something about getting us Jason Bay.