Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

QuoteBaseball is still going on?

cmon now....lol

easy way

7 HR's so far tonight...a 53 minute inning...what next? GO RAYS!!!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

easy way

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

easy way

Rays tie the series! What a game...what a game. Take it on to Fenway.

bowl of soup

QuoteRays no hits...WTF....go Rays...Soup where are you :D :D :D :D :D :D

I was in the Everglades and got back just in time for game 2 - what a great baseball game.  It would be nice to steal today's game.  I have a feeling that Garza's going to do something special.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

TheBigChicken

5 pitches 3 outs. He better because the "O" isn't doing diddly... :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TheBigChicken

ESPN....FUCK YOU! It's so obvious you want the Red Sox to win. Excuses,excuses...The Rays are just THAT tough. DEAL WITH IT. GO RAYS! By FAR the best sports story in a decade hands down. These guys have been in LAST place for 10 years....NOT ANYMORE!!!! :D :D :D :D        Side note: I have a LARGE nose by most standards, but my man Ryan Howard.....holy fucking noses :o :o :o :o :o

Jaimoe

Matt Stairs baby! New Brunswick rules!!!!

MMJ_fanatic

Man, tough loss for Johnny Lester.  Here's hoping Tampa Bay shot their load on that game and we can take the next 3.  

[size=24]GO SOX![/size]
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

bowl of soup

QuoteMan, tough loss for Johnny Lester.  Here's hoping Tampa Bay shot their load on that game and we can take the next 3.  

[size=24]GO SOX![/size]

Uhhhh, maybe not.  Wakefield has owned the Rays in the past (everyone has owned the Rays in the past), but not this year.  We have played t-ball with Mr. Wakefield in three games.  12 runs in 17 innings over three outings.  See that big button marked panic - start pushing.

And is it just me or are the Sawx not the whiniest team in the history of baseball?

MMJ_fanatic

And is it just me or are the Sawx not the whiniest team in the history of baseball?

Its just you.  What whining exactly are you insinuating?  I know people hate winners--and they are the defending WS Champs btw--lets not forget how they were written off last year--"Go Tribe" oh never mind; "Go Rocks" oh never mind.  Better hope the Boston bats that are currently cool don't heat up.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TheBigChicken

Here's to a great series. I tip my hat to the Sox. I think they play hard nosed old school baseball the way it should be played. The Rays are a buzz saw and I can't wait for the game tonight...GO RAYS!!!!!!

easy way

QuoteHere's to a great series. I tip my hat to the Sox. I think they play hard nosed old school baseball the way it should be played. The Rays are a buzz saw and I can't wait for the game tonight...GO RAYS!!!!!!

[size=24]BUZZ SAW!!![/size]

TheBigChicken

1 more win and the WORLD FREAKING SERIES :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D   GO RAYSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Murph

QuoteClick link and watch the video clip.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article_entertainment.jsp?ymd=20081014&content_id=3619964&vkey=entertainment&fext=.jsp

haha that is awesomee, who woulda thought the MLB had such good taste in music.  When i first played the clip i had to check to make sure i didnt have my iTunes on ;D

TheBigChicken

Its just you.  What whining exactly are you insinuating?  I know people hate winners--and they are the defending WS Champs btw--lets not forget how they were written off last year--"Go Tribe" oh never mind; "Go Rocks" oh never mind.  Better hope the Boston bats that are currently cool don't heat up.
First off. This ISN'T LAST years team. No Manny. Say what you want but that is KILLING you. He was a RBI MACHINE. GO RAYS!!!!!

bowl of soup

First off. This ISN'T LAST years team. No Manny. Say what you want but that is KILLING you. He was a RBI MACHINE. GO RAYS!!!!!

Going Kazmir tonight is absolutely the right call.  I predict he goes deep and has the whiners whining about every strike tonight.  They argue every called strike - watch the games.  I love their sense of entitlement, "We are the great Red Sawx - fear and obey us."  It all ends tonight.

Oh, get used to it:  Not a single one of our starting 5 is older than 26 (Price is 22 and he will be our ace next year), every meber of our starting 5 at Durham could start for any other team in the majors right now, and every significant member of the team is locked up for the next three years at least.  Can you say Rays Nation?

YouAre_GivenToFly

[size=20]GO PHILLIES!!![/size]
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ycartrob

Quote[size=20]GO PHILLIES!!![/size]

I was wondering when that was coming.