Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

This could be a great WS

I heard Olney and those others on ESPN say the CS series would go 6 or 7, but apparently thats not the case

That said, I think the Rays are rolling and Philly will really need Utley, Howard, Rollins, Victorino, and anyone else to help them win this Series
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

easy way

Damn....bring it on back to St. Pete. GO RAYS!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

capt. scotty

QuoteDamn....bring it on back to St. Pete. GO RAYS!

What a comeback by Boston

and now Beckett is starting next game

might wanna keep those 'hawks shaved and close!!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

easy way

QuoteDamn....bring it on back to St. Pete. GO RAYS!

What a comeback by Boston

and now Beckett is starting next game

might wanna keep those 'hawks shaved and close!!!

Sound advice my friend...and yeah, what a comeback! I love good baseball.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

bowl of soup

I'm glad there were no sharp objects within my reach last night.  That being said, Big Game James puts out the fire and we win Saturday.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

aMillionDreams

God, I hope the saux don't keep this going.  Come on, Rays.  Bounce back!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Jellyfish

That's gotta be one of the best comebacks ever!
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Jaimoe

That was an amazing comeback. I'm a big proponent of leaving starters in longer - being a Jays fan, the team is old-school given with the amount of CG's our team got this year. Man, the Rays bullpen was brutal.

bowl of soup

QuoteThat was an amazing comeback. I'm a big proponent of leaving starters in longer - being a Jays fan, the team is old-school given with the amount of CG's our team got this year. Man, the Rays bullpen was brutal.

I don't second guess Maddon's decision to go to the pen.  Kaz had allready thrown 100 pitches and the top of the 7th lasted 30 minutes.  Our pen has been great all year - the 3 guys who melted down last night have been a huge part of that.  I do think he stuck with Wheeler too long and I would have loved to have seen either Bradford or Price pitch to Papi.

TheBigChicken

shit shit shit...oh well good luck to all....everyone be safe.....GO RAYS!
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

easy way

Well, I would have loved to see the Rays lock it up...but I can't help but get hyped about a GAME 7!!!

GO RAYS GO RAYS GO RAYS GO RAYS GO RAYS GO RAYS GO RAYS

TheBigChicken

Come on Rays....1 more win...Tonight's the night...cue Neil Young.. :-?
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

capt. scotty

This game may be over 2 batters in

That Pedroia HR to start things off was a huge, demoralizing blow

If the Devil Rays got up early, I think they would def win, but well see how it goes now

easy way

The Rays are goin' to the Series!!!  :D

capt. scotty

Congrats Rays fans

I hate Philly, so I hope you win this in 4

bowl of soup

David Price.  Wow.

I hate, hate, hate the Sawx, but hats off you cock roaches.  By making it hard, you made it great.

ycartrob

QuoteDavid Price.  Wow.

I hate, hate, hate the Sawx, but hats off you cock roaches.  By making it hard, you made it great.

I got to see Price pitch here when he was at Vanderbilt and you could tell he was not your normal college pitcher.

bowl of soup

QuoteDavid Price.  Wow.

I got to see Price pitch here when he was at Vanderbilt and you could tell he was not your normal college pitcher.

Judging by last night, he's not a normal human being.

aMillionDreams

QuoteDavid Price.  Wow.

Judging by last night, he's not a normal human being.

He was great.  His interview after the game was awesome, too.  Talking about how he WANTED the ball in that situation.  Those guys are few and far between and the fact that he spent most of this year in the minors is just incredible.  Great game!  Great series! (even if there weren't any brawls).
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

red