Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearass

pawpaw

QuoteDavid Price.  Wow.

He just looked comfortable and confident. What a dominating save.

Congrats to BOS and RC!

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Taterbug

GO RAYS !!!!!!!!   congrats to all you Rays fans.   Since they are the team that sent my White Sox packin I'll root for them. At least I have some comfort knowing we lost the best.  What a great series with the Red Sox.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

bearass

this probably isnt the time to be talking about this during world series time but my cards are set to cut ties with mark mulder which sucks because i really liked him in his heyday with the big three in oakland he was a great pitcher that warranted a trade for danny haren man if we could only see the future...uh... go phils

TheBigChicken

uh go phils....uh go AWAY....
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

jrod00

LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should be a heck of a game tonight and I think a pretty close, competitive series.  I am wicked psyched!

YouAre_GivenToFly

I just don't see it. Price's save wasn't that big of a deal. Look at the 4 outs he got from that....

JD Drew - hitting .250 in the ALCS
Mark Kotsay - hitting .233 in the ALCS
Jason Veritek - hitting .050 in the ALCS
Jed Lowrie - hitting .111 in the ALCS

Not a real impressive line-up.

Now let's talk about Brad Lidge.

Lidge finished the 2008 season with 41 out of 41 save opportunities, a 1.95 ERA, and 92 strikeouts 69.3 IP.

:o
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

aMillionDreams

QuoteI just don't see it. Price's save wasn't that big of a deal. Look at the 4 outs he got from that....

Lidge finished the 2008 season with 41 out of 41 save opportunities, a 1.95 ERA, and 92 strikeouts 69.3 IP.

He came in with the bases juiced, only up two, in the ALCS, and he spent the season in AAA. You don't see how huge that is.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteI just don't see it. Price's save wasn't that big of a deal. Look at the 4 outs he got from that....

He came in with the bases juiced, only up two, in the ALCS, and he spent the season in AAA. You don't see how huge that is.

Sure its a big deal, but it doesnt prove anyhting in regards to reliability and consistency. That's where the Phils have the edge.

jrod00

Lidge was absolutely unhittable last night.  Just filthy I almost felt sorry for the Rays but no, not quite.   ;D

bowl of soup

I'm actually encouraged by last night.  That was a must win for the Phils - after Mr. Hammels it's t-ball time for the Rays.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Murph

cmon now....Price's performance was nothing short of amazing and I expect him to come up big again in this series whenever he is called.....that being said Lidge is FILTHY.....look for him in Mets jersey next year

TheBigChicken

QuoteI'm actually encouraged by last night.  That was a must win for the Phils - after Mr. Hammels it's t-ball time for the Rays.
;) ;) ;)

YouAre_GivenToFly

cmon now....Price's performance was nothing short of amazing and I expect him to come up big again in this series whenever he is called.....that being said Lidge is FILTHY.....look for him in Mets jersey next year

HAHAHAHA riiiiiight

Shouldn't you have already won a big game before being given the nickname "Big Game"?

easy way

We got ourselves a series! Go Rays!!!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

jrod00

Oh boy the Phils' offense was lifeless last night.  They can't afford another game like that.  Hopefully coming back to the friendly confines of the Bank will give them a jump-start.  

bowl of soup

Apparently Ryan Howard has trouble seeing it also.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Apparently Ryan Howard has trouble seeing it also.

Price struggled with his control with Utley and Rollins. Hell, he hit Rollins. The ump had trouble seeing that because he had HIS EYES CLOSED!

I'm not going to blame that game on the ump, but those 2 blown calls effected the outcome of the game. The Phillies had many, many blown opportunities though. We gotta score more runs, that's all there is to it.

Can't wait to bring this series home and see what happens in front of 44 thousand fans.

TheBigChicken

I'm in a TERRIBLE mood right now.....FUCK YOU PHILLY FAN....bad day at work....just kidding....I love you guys....game 3 will be a blast

YouAre_GivenToFly

GAME 3

WOW!!!!!!

Also, Evan Longoria World Series stats? 1 RBI, 0 H, .000 BA, 6 K ;D