Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkglow

Quote from: Walts on Mar 21, 2011, 03:30 PM
The draft is changed to 8:30Eastern. We need one more. Headdy should just be in it. Are we playing for $20 again? If not, then Headdy you better play. Or if anyone else wants in that's reading this...sign up! We need yah. I can get someone to play if need be, but rather keep it to just forum members.

just so we're clear.. it's wednesday 8:30pm right?

.Walt

Quote from: darkglow on Mar 21, 2011, 03:36 PM
The draft is changed to 8:30Eastern. We need one more. Headdy should just be in it. Are we playing for $20 again? If not, then Headdy you better play. Or if anyone else wants in that's reading this...sign up! We need yah. I can get someone to play if need be, but rather keep it to just forum members.

Yup. Wednesday at 8:30pm
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

darkglow

Quote from: Walts on Mar 21, 2011, 03:49 PM

i'll have to buy some beer on the way home from work tonight and a tomorrow night burnin' that midnight oil with my pre-draft rankings

pawpaw

Sweet. That works best for me too. I'm in for $20 if you guys want to.

Hey, I know you didn't want to start a new thread Walts, but I'm gunna throw one out there to lure someone in. We can let it drift off and die, but it might grab someones eye that wouldn't necessarily look in here.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

YouAre_GivenToFly

Weds @ 830 works well for me. Studying up tonight.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Ruckus

Quote from: bbill on Mar 21, 2011, 04:15 PM

Hey, I know you didn't want to start a new thread Walts, but I'm gunna throw one out there to lure someone in. We can let it drift off and die, but it might grab someones eye that wouldn't necessarily look in here.

Just a heads up.  The current draft time is set at 9:30 Eastern which is even better for me but hopefully not too late for some.  I can do 8:30 Eastern as well though the later it is, the more drunk drafting I'll be doing.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

pawpaw

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 22, 2011, 08:13 AM

Just a heads up.  The current draft time is set at 9:30 Eastern which is even better for me but hopefully not too late for some.  I can do 8:30 Eastern as well though the later it is, the more drunk drafting I'll be doing.

YO! I'm just goin' by the commish! I can do either, though. Walts, we need your ultimate judgement (which I think you already gave us  ::)).

::whispers (tenderly?) to Ruckus::

"Hey Ruckus, I think BH should just join already, don't you? You can tell he really wants in, he's just trying to be polite and give other people a chance.  ;D Seriously though, he'll probably regret it if he doesn't. Majorly."

Ruckus

Quote from: bbill on Mar 22, 2011, 09:50 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 22, 2011, 08:13 AM

YO! I'm just goin' by the commish! I can do either, though. Walts, we need your ultimate judgement (which I think you already gave us  ::)).

::whispers (tenderly?) to Ruckus::

"Hey Ruckus, I think BH should just join already, don't you? You can tell he really wants in, he's just trying to be polite and give other people a chance.  ;D Seriously though, he'll probably regret it if he doesn't. Majorly."

Majorly 8).   He really is a polite dude but when it comes to crunching numbers, I fear him.  He is a predator and predators smell fear.  This scent is enticing.  It is the lure of fear that has him circling the league ID# and password slowly and cautiously. Or maybe its just the scent of Sweet Surrender.

I just wanted to point out the fact that Walts changed the time to 9:30 instead of the before stated 8:30 eastern time.  I was hoping to give a heads up to Walts and everyone else. /secretly rolls eyes in disgust/

.Walt

Thanks for the heads up, Ruckus. It should be officially set at 8:30 eastern.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

BH

The Meddlers are IN.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

pawpaw

pawpaw

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 22, 2011, 10:31 AM
...but when it comes to crunching numbers, I fear him.

That's true...he is an engineer after all.  8)

Ruckus

Thanks for serving as a mock draft in preparation for my "other" leagues guys.   :dankk2: 8)
:-*

BH

I may not be able to be around for all of the draft.   That's a bit early for me.  I'll try my best.

I'm used to doing NL only leagues the last 3 years so I'm a little worried about this one.  Not nearly as familiar with the junior league, I mean American league.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

Quote from: BH on Mar 23, 2011, 04:26 PM
I may not be able to be around for all of the draft.   That's a bit early for me.  I'll try my best.

I'm used to doing NL only leagues the last 3 years so I'm a little worried about this one.  Not nearly as familiar with the junior league, I mean American league.

This is my first foray into fantasy baseball, but I'll likely be sticking with the NL as well. Maybe I'll grab a few sluggers from there early and pick up a few fallers, but otherwise I know where my loyalties lie.

Think you still have a shot at the division, BH? Your rotation's looking a bit thin.
In another time, in another place, in another face

BH

Quote from: The DARK on Mar 23, 2011, 05:12 PM

This is my first foray into fantasy baseball, but I'll likely be sticking with the NL as well. Maybe I'll grab a few sluggers from there early and pick up a few fallers, but otherwise I know where my loyalties lie.

Think you still have a shot at the division, BH? Your rotation's looking a bit thin.

Thin indeed.  That was a HUGE blow.   Division?  Maybe.  IF, Carp stays healthy.  Pennant?  Doubtful.

The DARK

Quote from: BH on Mar 23, 2011, 05:55 PM

Thin indeed.  That was a HUGE blow.   Division?  Maybe.  IF, Carp stays healthy.  Pennant?  Doubtful.

All depends on how healthy the team is... you've got a good front 3 even without Waino (probably better than our playoff team last season). Still, I look forward to both the Reds and the Dirt giving the Cards and the Meddlers a swift exit  ;)

By the way, is there a chat board during the draft? I'm unfamiliar with the Yahoo setup.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Clarkwork

Quote from: The DARK on Mar 23, 2011, 07:09 PM
Quote from: BH on Mar 23, 2011, 05:55 PM

All depends on how healthy the team is... you've got a good front 3 even without Waino (probably better than our playoff team last season). Still, I look forward to both the Reds and the Dirt giving the Cards and the Meddlers a swift exit  ;)

By the way, is there a chat board during the draft? I'm unfamiliar with the Yahoo setup.

Yes there is a chat set up. 
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Ruckus

BH

What, this year's collapse?   ;)