Main Menu

Megapuss anyone?

Started by wolof, Sep 17, 2008, 07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof

I wanna dislike Devendra. Maybe it is because i have cut ties with my neo-hippie past years ago and really haven't looked back. However after owning smokey rolls and cripple crow (on vinyl is the way to go for these) it seems his playful, vintage, free associative styles are refreshing. Aside from the fact that most of the songs are tuneful, melodic, fun and very catchy.  I highly recommend checking out his new prjoect Megapuss, i think it's going to be released in early October but songs are up on their myspace and they kind of follow Devendra's same line of songwriting.  

I am not sure if there is a post already, the forum search is not working.

P.S. I can't believe he scored Natalie Portman, although he does look kind of manhot behind all that hair

DavidCrosby

...I cant believe that record has the cover it does and is coming out on Neil Young's label...have you seen that penis skirt thing that he wears at the Megapuss shows and how he has a screen of nude photos of himself playing behind him?....he is into some weird shit...ps, here's said penis skirt...

listen to vinyl

Penny Lane

cripple crow was good--i didn't like smokey at all..just a bunch of sounds. maybe i'm not artsy enough---but it's just not listenable
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

wolof

Quote--i didn't like smokey at all..just a bunch of sounds. maybe i'm not artsy enough---but it's just not listenable

I have to disagree.  I do admit some of the first half of the album can get quite overindulgent. However, the 5closing tracks of Caremenecita>the Other Woman>Freely>I Remember> My Dearest Friend , may be my favorite sequence of songs ever.

Dee.

Megapuss' Surfing makes me laugh.

SURRRRRRFING NEVER ALONE
SURRRRRRFING YOUR MIND IS BLOWN

Just FYI, Devendra and Natalie have broken up. Don't cry.