Main Menu

Ray Lamontagne

Started by Rob, Sep 04, 2006, 12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob

Til The Sun Turns Black

Recorded at the same studio as Z (Allaire)

Got it Saturday. Music doesn't get much better than this.......amazing. Be Here Now blows my mind..........talk about atmosphere, damn. Been reading some mediocre online reviews (Rolling Stone, 2 and a half stars).......I don't get it  ???.........kudos to Ray and Ethan for not doing an exact copy of the debut CD. Superb artist.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

dragonboy

I'm only just getting into this artist but what a find!
I love Trouble. I haven't listened to Till The Sun Turns Black yet, I've got that to look forward to (need to space out my new CDs a bit)
I read a good review on AMG, I think it was 4/5.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Easy Morning Rebel

I love Ray.

Yay for Ray! ;D
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

rob

And Ray's into the Jacket.......

Easy Morning Rebel

QuoteAnd Ray's into the Jacket.......

BRILLIANT!!!!!
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

dragonboy

I played Til The Sun Turns Black for the first time last night (it somehow magically made it's way to the top of my unlistened-to pile!)
Amazing album! I ended up playing it three times in a row.
The opening track is simply breathtaking...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

beammeup

ray is awesome, but i was a little disappointed in "till the sun turns black". "trouble" is definitely a fantastic, fantastic album.

rob

Quoteray is awesome, but i was a little disappointed in "till the sun turns black". "trouble" is definitely a fantastic, fantastic album.

I just got Trouble the other day......I like it, but as I expected, I like the new album much more......you can hear so much growth. Plus, I'm a sucker for dark/mellow.  ;D

red

I just finished my first listen of Til The Sun Turns Black...excellent, excellent, album.  

dragonboy

QuoteI just finished my first listen of Til The Sun Turns Black...excellent, excellent, album.  
Isn't it? It's all I've listened to since I first played it on Friday, which is very rare for me. The second it finishes I just want to hear it again...

sweatboard

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Atmosphere and songwritting are out of this world.
There's Still Time.........

red

Quick heads-up: he's performing on Leno tonight.  I really hope he plays 'Lessons Learned.'

dragonboy

QuoteQuick heads-up: he's performing on Leno tonight.  I really hope he plays 'Lessons Learned.'
Cheers Red, I'll check the blogs & youtube tomorrow.

rob

QuoteQuick heads-up: he's performing on Leno tonight.  I really hope he plays 'Lessons Learned.'

Love that one too! But it's supposed to be Three More Days.

tomEisenbraun

just look at that beard!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

red

Quotejust look at that beard!
It looked better when his hair was long as well.

Good performance.

BH

i finally jumped on this boat and i won't be getting off for awhile.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

Couldn't find a link for the Leno performance - anybody?

rob

It looked better when his hair was long as well.

Good performance.

Yeah, he cut his hair.....DANG! Looks better in that 'white background' pic inside the CD. Great job he did, tho! Very on.

Dragonboy, anything on NBC gets deleted from You Tube.....someone probably put it up on their blog......maybe do a blog search?

dragonboy

QuoteDragonboy, anything on NBC gets deleted from You Tube.....someone probably put it up on their blog......maybe do a blog search?
Cheers Rob. I checked some blogs, I'll keep looking  :)