Ryan Adams and The Cardinals - Cardinology

Started by brkdwnbus, Oct 12, 2008, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brkndwnbus

I can't wait. The new songs have been sounding great live. "Evergreen," "Born Into a Light" and "Go Easy" are really catchy.

The album drops on Oct. 28th.

Ghosts_on_TV

SUcks the deluxe red vinyl t shirt postcard comic book 7' version is sold out though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

But yes, I'm really looking forward to this.  :)

brkndwnbus

I got that pre-order as soon as I got that e-mail.

You know what sucks though? The vinyl doesn't ship until early November, so I may not get my download code until then. That is a bummer. A major bummer.

primushead

I'm excited!  I haven't heard any of the leak yet...but you'd recommend it?

brkndwnbus

QuoteI'm excited!  I haven't heard any of the leak yet...but you'd recommend it?

I haven't heard any of the official leak, but all the live material has been killer. I will say it's way above "Easy Tiger," and if the studio versions are as good as the live, it will be up there in my faves from Adams and the boys.

dragonboy

They're playing live in the UK in November billed as 'Cardinals' not Ryan Adams & The...I thought it was kind of cool that he has given the band equal billing/importance.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteThey're playing live in the UK in November billed as 'Cardinals' not Ryan Adams & The...I thought it was kind of cool that he has given the band equal billing/importance.

He's been trying to do that since cold roses, but lost highway isn't feeling it, so much so as not even billing easy tiger as ra & the cardinals when it is. This is their last album on lost highway however. I think ato would be a good label for them.

bold99

I just saw these guys in Boston.  Great show and they are very much a band.  Ryan is loving playing with these guys.  Can't wait to get the new album.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

corey

I've listened through once, but I'm not sure what to think. Has anyone else heard it? I'm not convinced that it's as good as "Easy Tiger", but it may grow on me.

bold99

I listened to it.  I agree, it didn't hit me like Easy Tiger did at first.  I have to listen to it more.  There are some good songs.

Penny Lane

They played 'fix it' on the radio this morning. I love it.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

brkndwnbus

Easy Tiger isn't a favorite of mine from him, and from the live songs from Cardinology I am expecting a much better album, for my listening pleasure. However, the more I read on message boards, the more people seem to favor ET to the new one.

bold99

Rolling Stone gave it a nice 4 star review.  The most I listen the more it grow on me.  I really like Crossed out name and Cowebs.

aMillionDreams

I love Easy Tiger and really like where "The Cardinals" are going and what they're doing these days.  I've heard a few tracks on the radio, can't wait for it to drop.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Kris

BH

QuoteHere's a fantastic soundboard recording of the St. Louis show.

http://www.archive.org/details/radams2008-10-04

Thanks!  Great show wasn't it?  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Kris

brkndwnbus

there is a bunch of drama going on with Ryan..it'll be interesting.

Just go to tobeyoung.org or ryanadamsarchive.com to see. There's too much to really write, besides he may be going back to being just a little unpredictable... ::)

Kris

Glad I got a good Ryan show.  I've heard horror stories.