Started by admin, Aug 23, 2006, 12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

this looks like a good deal

Peace in the Valley: the Complete Gospel Recordings [Box set]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peace-Valley-Complete-Gospel-Recordings/dp/B00004WJEC/

dragonboy

87 tracks? wow...
Yer that's def the one to go for. I have Amazing Grace but that only has 52 tracks. I might have to look out for that when I home in a couple of weeks (seeing The Jacket!)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

CC

bagged it!

through amazon marketplace it was only £14 incl. delivery.

yay :)

dragonboy

That's 14pounds well spent Sir! (my keyboard doesn't have a pound sign?!! What gives?)
Thankyouthankyouverymuch!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MMJ_fanatic

"Bill Beeny is the founder of the Elvis is Alive Museum near St. Louis, MO. Bill also wrote the book DNA Proves Elvis is Alive."  
Good man Bill, good man  ::)
That dude looks like he could be E's older brother!  Hey db, you like "Wild at Heart" w/ Nic Cage and Laura Dern?  Cage does some cool E covers in that one (plus it's David Lynch so ya can't go wrong...)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dragonboy

I saw it years ago, I guess when it first came out. I hardly remember it...cheers for the heads up Fanatic, I'll see if I can't find it at the DVD store & watch it again  :)

Mr. T.

for what it's worth:

Franz Govaerts, a 30 year old man from Antwerp, was crowned "best Elvis Imitator" during the World Championships in Memphis.

He was chosen out of 30 candidats and won a prize of 800 $.

He dedicated his victory to his father, who died a year ago.

(I'm not kidding, this was in a well respected newspaper in Belgium a while ago. I do wonder how many 'best Elvis impersonators' there actually are ...?)
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

dragonboy

QuoteI do wonder how many 'best Elvis impersonators' there actually are ...?
Me, me mate Phil, me mate Paul (but he's a bit shit) that guy from Norwich who calls himself TCB, Ted from Southhampton (who's a little bit over the hill but still gives it his best, bless 'im) & that bloke from the Dog & Duck  :)

Mr. T.

When drunk, I do a mighty fine Elvis myself too  :D

edit: damn' typos
we are concern,

dragonboy

QuoteWhen drunk, I do a might fine Elvis myself too  :D
I usually give my best impersonation when I'm full of pills & peanutbutter&bacon sandwiches!

Mr. T.

we are concern,

CC

Quotethis looks like a good deal

Peace in the Valley: the Complete Gospel Recordings [Box set]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peace-Valley-Complete-Gospel-Recordings/dp/B00004WJEC/

holy smokes. got this the other day and it's truly divine.
this is gonna be my favourite elvis album from now on.

dragonboy

Haha, you just drew me away from Z  ;D
'Well I'm working on a building, it's a true foundation...'

I recently categorised all of my CDs for the first time in years (having had half my collection in boxes here there & everywhere) Elvis sits next to the Jacket in the top slot, high praise for both the dead & the living.

ycartrob

Being from Mississippi, this stuff is old hat. Not sure if you guys know about it, but if you come to Graceland, don't forget about Graceland Too in Holly Springs, Miss. about 40 minutes east of Memphis.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/MSHOLgracelandtoo.html

http://www.howlinwolf.com/mark/places/graceland_two/gracelandtwo1.htm

dragonboy

Thanks Tracy, I had no idea.
I'm hoping to make it to Graceland again one day, much to my wife's disdain  ;)

ycartrob

QuoteThanks Tracy, I had no idea.
I'm hoping to make it to Graceland again one day, much to my wife's disdain  ;)

My wife and I have lived in Nashville since 99 and have made it a tradition to drive by Graceland when we go home to Mississippi for Christmas. It's always at night and all the Christmas lights are up. Very sweet.

dragonboy

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

primushead

Happy Birthday King!

Sincerely,
Paul

dragonboy

QuoteSincerely,
Paul
You met my Dad once, right? How was that?

dragonboy

Thought I'd bump this so you can all pay your respects.
30 years gone this Thursday. We miss you Dad!  :'(

& on that note I'm off to the airport. Elvis (& DB) have left the building  ;)