Main Menu

Elvis

Started by admin, Aug 23, 2006, 12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

megisnotreal

i hosted an elvis tribute show on my oldies station today. it went over well, and it was really cool to hear all of the stories listeners shared. it's strange how much of an effect one person can have on so many lives.

dragonboy

Get ya Elvis karaoke here: http://www.elviscollectibletins.com/index.shtml  :D

"Now you can be king of your living room with the Elvis Karaoke collection. This 3CD set can be played on virtually any karaoke machine for hours of classic music that'll have everyone All Shook Up!"
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

A sad, sad day  :'(

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-11-07/

Garth Brooks has overtaken Elvis Presley to become the best-selling solo artist in history. The country star, who shot to fame with 1990's No Fences album, has sold 123 million units in his career, compared to Presley's 118.5 million. The Recording Industry Association Of America awarded Brooks two Diamond Awards for his albums Seven and Garth Brooks on Monday, in recognition of each albums' sales, which have exceeded 10 million. The singer, who is married to fellow country star Trisha Yearwood, accepted the awards at his star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. He says, "This award reflects the magnitude of the country audience and what they can accomplish when they act together."
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

QuoteA sad, sad day  :'(

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-11-07/

Garth Brooks has overtaken Elvis Presley to become the best-selling solo artist in history. The country star, who shot to fame with 1990's No Fences album, has sold 123 million units in his career, compared to Presley's 118.5 million. The Recording Industry Association Of America awarded Brooks two Diamond Awards for his albums Seven and Garth Brooks on Monday, in recognition of each albums' sales, which have exceeded 10 million. The singer, who is married to fellow country star Trisha Yearwood, accepted the awards at his star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. He says, "This award reflects the magnitude of the country audience and what they can accomplish when they act together."

That is sad!

This is like the Day the Music Died Part VI!  :(

dragonboy

I found a great 60s style diner in Hawaii that had lots of very cool Elvis memorabilia & some of his fav dishes on the menu. I bought some bits & pieces and our fridge is now covered with postcards & magnets. No Elvis pictures on the walls yet but I'm still working on it...

I've been playing a lot of Elvis recently (more than usual) & am seriously thinking of going back to Graceland again this summer. Now if I can just convince Jim & the boys to play Memphis sometime between June 24th ~ July 4th (hint hint!)

Happy Birthday Dad!!! Love live the King!  :'(

dragonboy