Mar 11 - Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
Mar 12 - Bowery Ballroom, Nw York, NY
Mar 13 - Double Door, Chicago, IL
Mar 15 - The Independent, San Francisco, CA
Mar 16 - Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA
SXSW???
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

I saw them at SXSW last year.  I wouldn't be surprised if they played again.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

el_chode

This thread almost made me blow my cool.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Jaimoe

One of my Top 3 favourite bands of the decade and one of the best live bands period. There's rumours that they'll be headlining Canadian Music Week, which is a large multi-venue annual festival in Toronto. I'll be covering the Soundtrack show if they play.  

el_chode

I've never seen them. On a scale of 1-10, how awesome live? 11 is MMJ.

I've been a fan for years though.

Jaimoe

QuoteI've never seen them. On a scale of 1-10, how awesome live? 11 is MMJ.

I've been a fan for years though.

Depends on what kind of rock you like. Thankfully, I'm a big fan of British Invasion rock and old school punk, thus I find TSOOL just as good as MMJ in concert and on any given night, TSOOL are untouchable (as are MMJ). I've seen them a number of times over the years and one or two of the shows rank in my Top 10 of all-time. They are a theatrical and visually agressive band in concert, which make their rock anthems like Mantra Slider all the more exciting.

I think TSOOL are an arena band that just happen to play in clubs.

Edit to add. Here's a review I wrote almost two years ago of one of their gigs: http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/240767/

ALady

I thought they were just all right.  I did like that the lead singer dressed like a priest, though.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

el_chode

I honestly listen to all sorts of music/rock. My top two stations on Sirius are Jam_ON and Little Steven's Underground Garage. I don't know if you're a subscriber, but between those stations you'll get the obvious + funk + punk + classic rock + R&B. The Garage especially, you'll go from the Ramones to the Stones to TSOOL to Iggy Pop to the Ronettes and end up somewhere between the Groovie Ghoulies and the Beatles.

I just like bands that look like they're having a blast on stage and that put out good energy. I might look into tix for the Bowery show

Penny Lane

This is a great band-- I've only seen them once (at Webster Hall).
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Evening Rebel

I've got ticks for the 4/13 Chi Town show @ Double Door, it'll be my first time seeing this incarnaton. I saw them many moons ago as Union Carbide Productions, and was blown away...

Jaimoe

QuoteI've got ticks for the 4/13 Chi Town show @ Double Door, it'll be my first time seeing this incarnaton. I saw them many moons ago as Union Carbide Productions, and was blown away...

I think you won't be disappointed then. Of course Ebbot is a "little heavier" since his UCP days, but he's still nuts. When they get into a hard driving groove like on Mantra Slider or Big Time, rock and roll doesn't come any better.

Evening Rebel

Heh..heh.. Yeah i've seen so hefty pictures of him performing in his moo moo.(sp?) So I don't imagine he'll be getting naked and poking himself with a mic stand while singing Glad To Have You Back.

biscuitbobo

has anyone heard the new album?  out over there, but not here until march, i think?  simply one of the best bands going..to me, it's "classic rock" that's being made today, yesterday and certainly tomorrow..noel gallagher said oasis was always scared following them when tsool supported them..wish they'd play some in the south..

www.myspace.com/thehellsayers
[url="//www.myspace.com/thehellsayers"]www.myspace.com/thehellsayers[/url]