Jim James to do "Like a Version" on Triple J

Started by Beffery, Jan 23, 2009, 01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckles

Jim James is scheduled to perform a "Like a Version" piece on Triple J's breakfast show with Robbie, Marieke and The Doctor this Friday January 30th.

For those OS, "Like a Version" is an artist/band performing a cover notably different from their own genre - eg. The Magic Numbers have performed "Crazy in Love" by Beyonce and Damien Rice did "When Doves Cry" by Prince.

They usually film the performances too, so it can be expected to be on the website in the days following. You can also stream the show live.

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/breakfast/

I can't wait to hear/see what Jim comes up with!  :D

hizzo

One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

the sun and moon

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

goose

Thanks for posting this.  If you see it pop up, can you post the link again?
Hooked on four like one, two, three

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

NoVa_NoLa

Hmmmm, performing a cover notably different from their own genre...???   :-?

What song(s) will he sing?  He's kind of genre-less.   :)

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

ALady

Ooooh, exciting!  Can't wait to hear it.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Love Dogg

Oooh!  Maybe he'll perform "Like A Virgin."
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

weeniebeenie

Thanks for posting. I better get a tape out...
How loud can silence get?

el_chode

I sincerely hope he covers "Mexican Radio" by Wall of Voodoo. I hate the 80s for the most part, but that song would be great.

Or maybe Caught up in You by .38 special, because whatever genre he may be, he certainly ain't in the 80's cheese genre.
I'm surrounded by assholes

goose

Does anyone know when they will stream this?
Hooked on four like one, two, three

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

goldenlady

BH

Any idea what time this is going to happen?

Buckles

[size=12]Interview/Audio is up! [/size]
Sounds awesome. You can download it from the site too.

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/breakfast/blog/s2477421.htm

30 January 2009  
Jim James from My Morning Jacket, currently on the Big Day Out circuit, called by the triple j studios for a lovely quiet Like a Version performance!

Jim hung out one on one with The Doctor, and played 'Look At You' off 'Evil Urges' and an fancy old song by the Club Nisei Orchestra called 'Sayonara'. It's beautifully quiet and haunting.

Here's Jim and The Doctor:

That's right Amelia, and if you missed Jim James' dulcet tones, you can hear it again right here (as soon as the tech people sort it out for us) in all its glory. And, for no extra cost, you get another My Morning Jacket cover absolutely free! It's Jim James doing Never Tear Us Apart, including a very special saxophone solo.

Remember to go to our forum and nominate who you want to hear on Like A Version this year!

Also. Was Jim James' birth name James? James James? Jim Jim? The mind boggles.

Hopefully the video will be up soon!

JPV