Main Menu

Fav Floyd Album

Started by axround3r, Feb 21, 2009, 01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

Animals and Meddle are my personal favorites, but I haven't heard Obscured by Clouds properly. I'll have to pick it up soon.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Kenny76

Dark Side of the Moon is 100% brilliant.  I couldn't say that about any other Floyd album.

If the version of Echoes that they played at Pompeii was on the album, I might have to switch to Meddle, but it's still an uneven album.  You know?  A song like Seamus is fun, but not a classic.  But Fearless is also one of their best.

Kenny76

As for Roger solo... Pros and Cons is an excellent record, but I think Amused to Death is also VERY underrated.

ditto.  Radio Kaos is the only one that doesn't do much for me.

Radio Kaos is a heinous album.  It's stunning that a genius such as Roger Waters could actually put that out.  Amused to Death, however, is a classic.

capt. scotty

You know, Pink Floyd is probably the only major band from the 60's and 70's I never really got all that into (although The Who might fall into that category too, but I find myself pulling out their GH albums moreso than PF).

I only own DSOTM and Wish You Were Here and very rarely listen to either
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

buaawwww

Love to read that people like "Amused To Death" as much as I do.  Just an excellent record.

I will have to give Obscured... a few more spins myself.

I was able to record the audio for the Live at Pompeii DVD, so I fortunately can listen to the smokin live versions all the time!

Just curious... people's thoughts on "Atom Heart Mother"?  Summer '68 is excellent.

Crispy

I like Atom Heart Mother quite a bit - "If" is one of those near and dear tunes.

marmalade, I like marmalade...marmalade, I like marmalade...marmalade, I like marmalade...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

bowl of soup

As for Roger solo... Pros and Cons is an excellent record, but I think Amused to Death is also VERY underrated.

Radio Kaos is a heinous album.  It's stunning that a genius such as Roger Waters could actually put that out.  Amused to Death, however, is a classic.

I had an Art Appreciation teacher in college that made us listen to Radio Kaos almost every day for a month in class ("class" consisted of listening to music and looking at art for about an hour followed by a half-hour discussion - man I wish college never would have ended).

He had me convinced that this was the most important piece of musical work in the history of the cosmos.  I seem to remember him telling us that we were beeming this to the rest of the universe in hopes of finding other life.

Well, my buzz wore off and I later sold this gem for 3 bucks so that I could afford nickle draft night.

Doesn't it just have to be Dark Side? Just because it was played into the ground doesn't diminish its greatness.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Ghosts_on_TV

I had an Art Appreciation teacher in college that made us listen to Radio Kaos almost every day for a month in class ("class" consisted of listening to music and looking at art for about an hour followed by a half-hour discussion - man I wish college never would have ended).

He had me convinced that this was the most important piece of musical work in the history of the cosmos.  I seem to remember him telling us that we were beeming this to the rest of the universe in hopes of finding other life.

Well, my buzz wore off and I later sold this gem for 3 bucks so that I could afford nickle draft night.

Doesn't it just have to be Dark Side? Just because it was played into the ground doesn't diminish its greatness.

I have no problem with Dark Side at all.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ycartrob

It's my favorite.

Soulshine

it is by far my fave too
Because we're all in this together...

megalicious

Quoteit is by far my fave too

yep
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Jbones72

This is a good Floyd book, updates the story and includes the Live 8 reunion and Syd's death..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0306817527/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link